First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Good summary, thanks for taking the time to start the conversation. A couple of thoughts:

1) Stay TF Away from Hennessey…I’m sure there are many happy customers out there, but far too many horror stories to not ignore. Just think about Customer Ratings on Amazon…at what point do you walk away from a product?

2) As far as the digital dash: yes, it could be better, but it’s also supremely better than the standard Bronco setup. Having come from a JLU 4xe, I do agree that there was a lot of customization on that one, but the screen is smaller than an iPhone.

3) For the startup modes, I agree it would be nice to have it startup in the previous mode but suspect that in order to get that extra 5% improved Fuel Economy numbers Ford (and most other manufacturers) are forced to have vehicles startup in relatively conservative setups.

Enjoy yours…I’ve loved every moment in mine so far.
Fully agree 100% with number 1.

Also agree with number 3. Should start up in the mode it was in when shut off. This is especially annoying if you are off road.
Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fully agree 100% with number 1.

Also agree with number 3. Should start up in the mode it was in when shut off. This is especially annoying if you are off road.

I would think that Ford could implement #3 with an OTA update if they were so inclined.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would think that Ford could implement #3 with an OTA update if they were so inclined.
The most certainly could. Non raptors ask if you want to start in last mode before you shut off.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2) I made a thread regarding this but it really annoys me that I get a seatbelt nag when I start the vehicle. If I am the only person in the vehicle and I have my seatbelt on, why the hell is it telling me I have my seatbelt on? I either have to click OK or it goes away after a while. Small but annoying feature.

3) It always defaults to Normal driving mode. I would rather have it default to the last mode I was using when the vehicle was shut off.
See these two bother me because it comes across as lazy on Ford's part. A buddy was recently asking how I felt about my Raptor and these were two of my major complaints. The R button doesn't solve it because the R button is my normal driving preset. I would need to resave my GOAT mode everytime I stop in order to use it to quick set back into GOAT mode.

There is really no excuse for it to default back to Normal and the fact that it can probably be done via a software update annoys me even more.

The seatbelt thing is stupid. Having to mash the OK button everytime I start back up is just beyond lazy programming. Sure, have it pop up for 10 seconds or whatever, let me OK out early, but ffs make it disappear on it's on.

My last issue you didn't mention.

For every reason they put the window controls in the center, they should have put the door locks in the center. For every reason they put the door locks on the door, they should have put the window controls there. Having the door locks and window controls in two separate locations makes no sense from an ergonomic standpoint.

Also the parking brake button feels about 2" too low.

Everytime I start the Raptor I feel like I have to go through this elaborate hand dance of pushing buttons all over the place before I can drive. No one took into account start up ergonomics with this thing.

Left hand to parking brake, right hand to shifter... OH DON'T SHIFT TOO SOON THE DASH DIDN"T LOAD AND SINCE THE F'N CENTER SHIFTER DOESN'T LIGHT UP YOU MAY BE in N instead of R, OH HALF THE DASH IS COVERED BY THE SEAT BELT WARNING PUSH OK. Oh you pushed the R button!? Now another 4 pop ups as it tells you what changed that you will need to OK through in order to see half the dash.

Oh where you pulling a trailer? Better wait another couple seconds, cycle GOAT to tow, okay.

45 seconds later you can actually think about driving... more if you wanted to be in a 4H mode.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be fair, without coding bmw doesn’t remember drive mode or ass status either.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To be fair, without coding bmw doesn’t remember drive mode or ass status either.
My Corvette remembers some of the modes, but not track and its sub modes. My Pan America remembers all its modes except Off Road Plus. The Regular Bronco asks if you want to go to the mode you were in when shut off.

Seems the Raptor could remembers it modes or at least do like the regular bronco.

OP
OP
switz

switz

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2022 Bronco Bad Lands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
See these two bother me because it comes across as lazy on Ford's part. A buddy was recently asking how I felt about my Raptor and these were two of my major complaints. The R button doesn't solve it because the R button is my normal driving preset. I would need to resave my GOAT mode everytime I stop in order to use it to quick set back into GOAT mode.

There is really no excuse for it to default back to Normal and the fact that it can probably be done via a software update annoys me even more.

The seatbelt thing is stupid. Having to mash the OK button everytime I start back up is just beyond lazy programming. Sure, have it pop up for 10 seconds or whatever, let me OK out early, but ffs make it disappear on it's on.

For every reason they put the window controls in the center, they should have put the door locks in the center. For every reason they put the door locks on the door, they should have put the window controls there. Having the door locks and window controls in two separate locations makes no sense from an ergonomic standpoint.

Everytime I start the Raptor I feel like I have to go through this elaborate hand dance of pushing buttons all over the place before I can drive. No one took into account start up ergonomics with this thing.

Left hand to parking brake, right hand to shifter... OH DON'T SHIFT TOO SOON THE DASH DIDN"T LOAD AND SINCE THE F'N CENTER SHIFTER DOESN'T LIGHT UP YOU MAY BE in N instead of R, OH HALF THE DASH IS COVERED BY THE SEAT BELT WARNING PUSH OK. Oh you pushed the R button!? Now another 4 pop ups as it tells you what changed that you will need to OK through in order to see half the dash.

Oh where you pulling a trailer? Better wait another couple seconds, cycle GOAT to tow, okay.

45 seconds later you can actually think about driving... more if you wanted to be in a 4H mode.
Exactly!

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After almost 5k miles in my braptor, I think I agree with most everything said here.....

- Why do i have to ack that I already have my belt on????
- why do the settings reset after each use ...WHY????? I'm the only driver!!!
- the super aggressive downshifting in sport mode is HORRENDOUS, I think they did that just so you wouldn't use sport mode as your daily driver, otherwise why would I have PADDLE SHIFTERS??

Lastly, I'm sick of dealing with goat modes...... I miss the days of past broncos' where I had full HP all the time ( no variable engine tuning based on mode ) and if I need 4x4 I just turned it on.

In the end I like the truck and suspension, hate the programming.....hopefully Ford will fix some of these issues in future updates.....

@fordmotorcompany are you hearing us?

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

accurate

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

That was awesome.

Granted all of these things should be easily fixable with some end user software tweaks, I agree that it makes zero sense to have door lock switches and not window switches on the doors.

Sponsored

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It doesn't but with 2 pushes of the M1 or M2 button you are exactly where you want to be in milliseconds and on the fly. (assuming you have an M car)

Someone who has more spare time than me needs to develop a BimmerCode / BimmerLink type App for Ford. BMW folks know exactly what I am talking about. Easy to use, extremely thorough for module programming and would fix all of these concerns in a blink aside from physical locations of buttons.

Reactions: Tye

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford will not as the fuel ecomony testing must be in the default driving mode.

I have an aftermarket solution for my 911 that does this. We will have to ask around. The guy that does the 911 product seems to only do Porsche stuff, but ping him.

https://t-design9.com/

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lastly, I'm sick of dealing with goat modes...... I miss the days of past broncos' where I had full HP all the time ( no variable engine tuning based on mode ) and if I need 4x4 I just turned it on.
Although I don't have proof/documentation, I would be willing to be that you do have full HP available in ALL possible modes/combinations of modes in the truck. I suspect what may feel like you don't is just throttle/pedal position mapping in different modes. That can absolutely make it feel like less power, nonetheless, full throttle is full throttle, period. Alternate shift vs. load/rpm profiles can also contribute to a feeling of less power available.

Gramd

Big Bend
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 66 Chevy ll
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Although I don't have proof/documentation, I would be willing to be that you do have full HP available in ALL possible modes/combinations of modes in the truck. I suspect what may feel like you don't is just throttle/pedal position mapping in different modes. That can absolutely make it feel like less power, nonetheless, full throttle is full throttle, period. Alternate shift vs. load/rpm profiles can also contribute to a feeling of less power available.
Just check the boost gauge/mpg in each mode. That should tell you something about power levels

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After almost 5k miles in my braptor, I think I agree with most everything said here.....

- Why do i have to ack that I already have my belt on????
- why do the settings reset after each use ...WHY????? I'm the only driver!!!

@fordmotorcompany are you hearing us?
I do not have to acknowledge seat belt warning if my belt is on before I start it.

I hate having to reset setting if I shut it off. Especially when you are off road.
Sponsored