First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fx4 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick tip on orings. Which should be same for these as o rings on hydrualic systems on forklifts. Anytime go to change a o ring good 10 seconds with blow dryer just to get it warm makes the world of difference.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, if it's difficult to get the o ring out buy an o ring spoon tool for next time.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Quick tip on orings. Which should be same for these as o rings on hydrualic systems on forklifts. Anytime go to change a o ring good 10 seconds with blow dryer just to get it warm makes the world of difference.
would these work? I know they are used for snap ring but ....

Ford Bronco A First Oil Change Experience on 2021 Bronco – Using OEM Oil Filter snapring pliers

Evenflo1

Badlands
First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fx4 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
would these work? I know they are used for snap ring but ....

Ford Bronco A First Oil Change Experience on 2021 Bronco – Using OEM Oil Filter snapring pliers
I use dental pick atleast on forklifts I work on. And working pressure for those on those hydrualic system is between 2400-3000psi. Those are my .02 cents. The ones I use are inexpensive and can be purchased at nearly any Walmart or harbor freight. I use one like the one on far left to spoon in and out.

Screenshot_20210722-172809.jpg

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I plan on changing my oil after the 1k mile mark as well but will be using the standard Motorcraft semi synthetic until the next oil change at 5k which I will then switch to full syn.

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hold on. People are doing oil changes already and I don't even have a build date???
I'm waiting for the really ballsy folks who are going to be doing engine swaps before some of us even convert reservations!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm waiting for the really ballsy folks who are going to be doing engine swaps before some of us even convert reservations!

Dude seems like he is on his way.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As difficult as it is to take off the small o-ring and put a new one on; makes you wonder if you're local Jiffy Lube even bothers changing it.
My thought too when reading. I also worked/trained at one 20 years ago, did not take the job, they were a joke and a rip off.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of curiosity what does the owners manual say the oil change intervals are? I'll let the reminder light come on before I change mine.

BroncoChris

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have around 1600 miles on my Big Bend 2.7. I decided to change the oil ASAP after my 1000-mile breakin. We have been camping, and this is the first chance I've gotten.

This video from another thread is a good reference:

I had trouble getting a filter...you can't just walk in to O'Reilly and ask for a 2021 Bronco filter. I got the part # from Ford and O'Reilly had them, but not OEM. But Wal-Mart had Motorcraft, and had one left. But question for those who know: why does the new one not have the black caps? Is this normal?

20210722_124246.jpg

Anyway...I removed the skid plate-factory BB plastic one-using a 15mm socket to take out 6 bolts. My 15yo handled socket duties.

20210722_121808.jpg
20210722_121824.jpg

Confession: I haven't changed my own oil in years, so I've never used the plastic plugs. It was easy to take off (a quarter turn), and they weren't joking about it coming out quickly.

I also have never seen the top-of-engine filters, so I watched the video to find it. I didn't have a set of large sockets with me camping, so I had to use Vise-grips to get the housing off. No trouble.

20210722_124243.jpg

20210722_183722-jpg.jpg

20210722_183634-jpg.jpg

20210722_183934-jpg.jpg

I didn't install the new filter because of my questions about the caps, but I changed the rings. As in the video, I cut the small one with a razor knife to get it off. Getting the new one on there required some patience to be sure.

All that was left to do was reinsert the plug, rebolt the skid plate, and pour in 7 quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic. Checked for leaks and all is good.

A follow-up question: does the Bronco not have an oil pressure readout?
I have around 1600 miles on my Big Bend 2.7. I decided to change the oil ASAP after my 1000-mile breakin. We have been camping, and this is the first chance I've gotten.

This video from another thread is a good reference:

I had trouble getting a filter...you can't just walk in to O'Reilly and ask for a 2021 Bronco filter. I got the part # from Ford and O'Reilly had them, but not OEM. But Wal-Mart had Motorcraft, and had one left. But question for those who know: why does the new one not have the black caps? Is this normal?

Ford Bronco A First Oil Change Experience on 2021 Bronco – Using OEM Oil Filter 41LP4v1REsS._AC_SY1000_

Anyway...I removed the skid plate-factory BB plastic one-using a 15mm socket to take out 6 bolts. My 15yo handled socket duties.

Ford Bronco A First Oil Change Experience on 2021 Bronco – Using OEM Oil Filter 41LP4v1REsS._AC_SY1000_

Confession: I haven't changed my own oil in years, so I've never used the plastic plugs. It was easy to take off (a quarter turn), and they weren't joking about it coming out quickly.

I also have never seen the top-of-engine filters, so I watched the video to find it. I didn't have a set of large sockets with me camping, so I had to use Vise-grips to get the housing off. No trouble.

I didn't install the new filter because of my questions about the caps, but I changed the rings. As in the video, I cut the small one with a razor knife to get it off. Getting the new one on there required some patience to be sure.

All that was left to do was reinsert the plug, rebolt the skid plate, and pour in 7 quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic. Checked for leaks and all is good.

A follow-up question: does the Bronco not have an oil pressure readout?
THANK YOU! If the oil filter is top mounted, an oil extractor may be helpfull. I bought one from Harbor Freight years ago because I got sick of paying the high price to have the oil changed in a VW diesel. Just put a tube down the dipstick and it pulls out the oil. No need to go under the vehicle.
Sponsored