First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nick really appreciate all the work and info chief, my wife has picked on me for staring at this site too much lol... I'm in your same boat as I can afford it but could do some things this year to put me in a better spot and really get what I want with no reservations or settling... we'll get there eventually and won't throw shade at ford as I wait a bit longer, may cost me more in the long run as now I'll probably go for the warthog... and I was a day 3 reservation so those of you who are chewing at the bit to move up... as they say great things usually come to those who wait!
Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These Bronco's will be nice, not cheap in any way. There are people ready to pay $10K over MSRP for one. I can't play with that. Also, I know that things don't make you happy and everything put together sooner or later falls apart. Guessing that mods and parts are going to be expensive on these. Going to be fun watching the roll out of the Bronco and what parts will fail first. Fun times.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sad to hear that (but thanks for bumping me up in line some! ?)

For all youā€™ve done on this forum though, I think you may have a case for an ā€œhonorary broncoā€ sticker on the Jeep until you get an actual bronco!

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same here, for mid 50s I can have a 7.3L Tremor with 4.30 gearing 35s, two solid axles and much more room.

The Bronco for all its strong points has terrible engine choices that I have not been able to get over.

Leaning heavily to the 250, I donā€™t see a single downside over the Bronco.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same here, for mid 50s I can have a 7.3L Tremor with 4.30 gearing 35s, two solid axles and much more room.

The Bronco for all its strong points has terrible engine choices that I have not been able to get over.

Leaning heavily to the 250, I donā€™t see a single downside over the Bronco.
Ditto, but I do expect the ride and fuel mileage to be worse. Death wobble is the other concern.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You really do need that pineapple pizza sticker on your jeep so if I see you on fr300 or somewhere closer to the valley, I can stop you and say "hi".

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Nickp

Thanks for the post, it really mirrors my mental struggle over the past month. I was recently gifted/inherited a very clean 1996 Cherokee XJ Country and am at a similar impasse.

Do I buy a new Bronco or do I put money into the XJ? What does the Bronco I could afford offer that the XJ doesn't?

Removeable roof/doors, better gas millage, higher top speed, better safety. These are the only things that I could not (realistically) add to the XJ that I care about. Is that worth $40,000 to me? I'm not so sure.

It already has power everything, bluetooth and upgraded sound is no issue, lockers, while pricey, could be added. The suspension is tired and it needs a new headliner. It has a well maintained engine under 160k miles. I figure I can do everything I need to do to this thing to bring it up to like new for less than $5,000. It's been in the family since it was new, I'm never selling it, so I'm not worried about sunk money. Plus I know XJ's are reliable and parts are readily available so I don't have to worry about recalls, untested transmissions, and all the other teething problems that come with a first year vehicle.

I haven't cancelled my reservation yet, but my student loans have just finished and I'm debt free for the first time in my life, I think I'll probably keep it that way until I can buy a house. Guess I'll need to have a conversation with the wife.
Real talk though, How about an atlas and Wontons for that pt cruiser?

I am in a similar situation, Could pay off my school loans (Right now they dont cost me anything though) and have a 4.7 WJ with 149k and Qd which gets me through a lot. being debt free is awfully nice..

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ditto, but I do expect the ride and fuel mileage to be worse. Death wobble is the other concern.
Honestly Iā€™m not concerned about fuel economy Iā€™ve been seeing 13-15 city and as high at 16-18 on the highway from those driving the 7.3L trucks. Iā€™ve been driving 10-11MPG for the past 10 years so the 250 is going to be a very efficient move up.

Iā€™ve rode a good amount in a 2018 250 on stock size tires and I thought the ride was very smooth for the suspension, I imagine the increased side wall of 35s will make the ride even better.

Death wobble is real but checking easily accessible ball joints periodically reduces that chance of issue, and the aftermarket has very good solutions.
Sponsored