First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's good point, and much cheaper. I'll add that to consideration. What do you think about the "Spear Kits" instead of the hockey stick style?
Spear kits are another way to tie it in. and more my thing. You were considering a wrap or repaint, so I went big. You don't need much in my opinion.
Sponsored

Huntsetter1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very tasteful build. These are like a Fender Strats built to be moded. I’ve got about 8k of shit waiting to be put on mine. Getting close as mine is at finial train stop waiting for transport carrier to the dealer.

huskerhiker

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands non SAS, modified.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great. How do you like the Icon setup thus far?
In addition to your thoughts on the Icon setup, i'd be curious as to how you adjusted them height wise. Do you have them at the "as delivered" from factory height settings or did you adjust?

Thank you

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can confirm- those Methods are as-advertised. I have them on my Polaris and they hold on like CRAZY under low psi. If you like to air down they’re incredible.

OP
OP
irishdore

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a beast of a build. I’m waiting on my schedule March build date. After waiting for 2.7 lux tow MIC SAS, decided that what I really wanted from the beginning was a manual transmission. Just because 2.7 was available I talked myself in must have biggest available engine. Then came to my senses and realized that every the two jeeps I have had one being a rubicon

What a beast. I’m going down similar path with parts piling up in my garage and waiting on build date in march. (4dr 7MT 2.7 non-SA). Getting both tops. Plans: lobo off-road hidden winch mount, icon rebound pro, modular OEM bumper, warn evo 10 S winch, eibach stage 1 spring lift, tube doors, ford performance tune, OEM SAS tires, azure grey

Your build is hard core capable. Is it manual transmission. Any plans on stereo (I’m researching what to do with mine) high package.
Thank you.

My build is an automatic. While I can drive a manual transmission and a manual would act as an excellent theft deterrent these days, I opted for the automatic. Maybe it was (my) age. Maybe it was that I want my wife to be into off-roading as well (and she cannot drive a manual). Maybe it was just eventual far future resale value. Or, maybe the commodity constraint listing manuals as constrained.

For stereo...
Yes, OEM sound is not great. Not great at all. And, I have a MY23 with the seven speakers.

But, I am not quite to the point where I think it "sucks enough" to change it. Honestly, I am really waiting to experience an entire Spring, Summer, and Fall with the top down and doors off to really gauge my interest in upgrading the stereo and gathering my thoughts on separating "needs" from "wants" in that area. I'm probably a year+ out on stereo upgrades if I was honest.

I do love Sync 4 though. My old Fusion had Sync 2 and my wife's Expedition has Sync 3, and long ago we had an Explorer with Sync 1. Sync 4 has worked through a wide number of the kinks, bugs, and out right horror shows that were in Syncs 1, 2, and 3. I'm very happy with it so far. I don't have experience with other manufacturers' smart stereos as we've only had Fords the last 15 years or so, but I find Sync intuitive, visually appealing, and well thought.

I also enjoy the built in Alexa capability enough that I am considering renewing when the free trial ends after 3 months, as we have quite a lot of smart home capabilities in our house utilizing a combination of Amazon and Control4 products.

Sorry, that was probably TL;DR. But, wasn't sure what "part" of the Sync 4/stereo you were talking about. (Although it was almost certainly, in hindsight, just the sound/speakers.)

Sponsored
OP
OP
irishdore

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In addition to your thoughts on the Icon setup, i'd be curious as to how you adjusted them height wise. Do you have them at the "as delivered" from factory height settings or did you adjust?

Thank you
I have them currently "as delivered," as you say. But, Icon recommends that you both re-tune and height adjust after 500-1,000 miles of usage.

So far, I've found a few old "power line" trails near-in to Nashville, and tried out a couple of trails at Adventure Off-Road Park about 1.2 hours away from town. I have not made it to anything hardcore yet. My daughter has an equestrian tournament this upcoming weekend in central Alabama (near Birmingham), so I've been researching places to hit on the Sunday after on my drive back. If you live in Alabama, I'll take recommendations. Strong preference for places between Birmingham and Nashville.

Before I hit the 1,000 miles, I do plan to head to Chattanooga/North Georgia area to get a real sense before I re-tune and adjust.

Other usage plans:
- Already bought tickets to Super Celebration East.

- We are going to Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon this summer. Already have lodging, logistics, etc. purchased. We're taking the Bronco (on/as a trailer Queen for that one but she'll come off the trailer once in Utah/Nevada/Arizona. Just not driving her across the country.)

- There seem to be bi-weekly groups hitting Windrock from this forum and the other main forum. It's 3.5 hours to get there for me, but that's not terrible. I'd obviously have to make a weekend of it, but that's doable.

- I was going to drive my Bronco to the Off-Roadeo in Texas. But, then I realized/researched that Ford supplies Broncos for that. So, I probably won't put the miles on mine if that's the case. I mean there would not be much point in putting the miles on it and driving 14 hours (one way), if Ford doesn't let me use my own.

TL;DR:
- Haven't fully tested the build yet. But tried. And plan to do so around Chattanooga.
- Currently "as delivered". Will re-tune and adjust based on usage.

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you.

My build is an automatic. While I can drive a manual transmission and a manual would act as an excellent theft deterrent these days, I opted for the automatic. Maybe it was (my) age. Maybe it was that I want my wife to be into off-roading as well (and she cannot drive a manual). Maybe it was just eventual far future resale value. Or, maybe the commodity constraint listing manuals as constrained.

For stereo...
Yes, OEM sound is not great. Not great at all. And, I have a MY23 with the seven speakers.

But, I am not quite to the point where I think it "sucks enough" to change it. Honestly, I am really waiting to experience an entire Spring, Summer, and Fall with the top down and doors off to really gauge my interest in upgrading the stereo and gathering my thoughts on separating "needs" from "wants" in that area. I'm probably a year+ out on stereo upgrades if I was honest.

I do love Sync 4 though. My old Fusion had Sync 2 and my wife's Expedition has Sync 3, and long ago we had an Explorer with Sync 1. Sync 4 has worked through a wide number of the kinks, bugs, and out right horror shows that were in Syncs 1, 2, and 3. I'm very happy with it so far. I don't have experience with other manufacturers' smart stereos as we've only had Fords the last 15 years or so, but I find Sync intuitive, visually appealing, and well thought.

I also enjoy the built in Alexa capability enough that I am considering renewing when the free trial ends after 3 months, as we have quite a lot of smart home capabilities in our house utilizing a combination of Amazon and Control4 products.

Sorry, that was probably TL;DR. But, wasn't sure what "part" of the Sync 4/stereo you were talking about. (Although it was almost certainly, in hindsight, just the sound/speakers.)
Thanks for the feedback (very much appreciated). On your build you opted for very high end coilovers (great choice). I'm going to take a baby step in that direction and replace my stock springs with eibach and retain the shocks. Should yield 2" in front and leveled out. No intentions to go bigger than 35" tires. What is unclear to me is when you go with a coil over set up that has more range of motion (compression and droop), do you have to beef up steering rack, CV joints, tie rods? Do you gain more articulation or is it essentially the same? I have not done the research yet for a set up like yours. Did you make any modifications in the areas of steering and CY axle
Sponsored