Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
First off, this is just a price comparison... I've own LR before, so I know a bit about them. If nothing else, feature rich, premium materials, highly engineered, premium/luxury cars. So when I look at options pricing, I expect to get gouged. But it's not really the case...

Just looking at available packages (CDN dollars), and I just hope Ford isn't messing with us!
For example... Comfort and convenience package, $935 gets you Meridian Audio (AWESOME system), premium cabin lighting, and front console refrigerator compartment. Bargain, right??

How 'bout Cold Climate pack...
Heated (electrically) windshield, heated washer jets and headlight power washers....
$510
A comparable driver assist pack.. Adaptive cruise, "clear exit monitor" and rear traffic monitor.... $1190

I'd personally opt for ALL of that for that money....

When Ford (survey pricing) saying like (for Badlands) $3200 US for high pack or $5000US for Lux pack?? Ugh!
Mid pack is probably your best bang for your buck...
Let's hope Ford breaks up the packages a little better after that.
Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How much is the limited slip? What is on the "X"? model they keep mentioning that raised the price so high?

graavy1999

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 4door badsquatch high
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off, this is just a price comparison... I've own LR before, so I know a bit about them. If nothing else, feature rich, premium materials, highly engineered, premium/luxury cars. So when I look at options pricing, I expect to get gouged. But it's not really the case...

Just looking at available packages (CDN dollars), and I just hope Ford isn't messing with us!
For example... Comfort and convenience package, $935 gets you Meridian Audio (AWESOME system), premium cabin lighting, and front console refrigerator compartment. Bargain, right??

Heated (electrically) windshield, heated washer jets and headlight power washers....
$510
A comparable driver assist pack.. Adaptive cruise, "clear exit monitor" and rear traffic monitor.... $1190

When Ford (survey pricing) saying like (for Badlands) $3200 US for high pack or $5000US for Lux pack?? Ugh!
Love that you did this, I thought I was the only one comparing. Without the granger deal, to get a 6, lux, sas, modular hard top with sound isolation I'll be about 10-8 grand less for what I would be for a 6 cyl phev Xdynamic defender. I never thought the price of a loaded land rover and bronco would be so close.

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What about the horrible reliability reputation of the JLR brand? Aren't you all but guaranteed to drive a loaner half of your warranty period while yours is in the shop?

Sponsored

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$510

Definitely interesting regarding the add-on pricings, but how do they compare when pricing out the whole vehicle? Also, Defender isn't an option if the buyer wants removable top and doors, right?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
What about the horrible reliability reputation of the JLR brand? Aren't you all but guaranteed to drive a loaner half of your warranty period while yours is in the shop?
Again, I'm not comparing the brand....
I only wanted to point out options and compare that to the survey prices that ford sent out.

Sponsored

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked into a 2dr Defender. OK they only offer their version of the 1st edition right now, but once I got the car built to my preference it was $77k. That put me solidly in the Bronco camp. Also the aftermarket and support is going to be easier with a popular Ford vehicle. I love nice cars but the Defender seems too nice for my needs. Better to have a Bronco and not worry about dirt so much, and save the nice amenities for my wife's car!

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely interesting regarding the add-on pricings, but how do they compare when pricing out the whole vehicle? Also, Defender isn't an option if the buyer wants removable top and doors, right?
Specing out my Badlands brings me to about $65.000
2D, Squatch, High pack, mod top, auto, roof rails...
That's the starting price of the Defender 110 (4 door). The First Edition 90 is $76k? So fully loaded...
Definitely not apples to apples. But again, maybe we'll see ford do some better options packaging and pricing once B&P goes live.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked into a 2dr Defender. OK they only offer their version of the 1st edition right now, but once I got the car built to my preference it was $77k. That put me solidly in the Bronco camp. Also the aftermarket and support is going to be easier with a popular Ford vehicle. I love nice cars but the Defender seems too nice for my needs. Better to have a Bronco and not worry about dirt so much, and save the nice amenities for my wife's car!
Totally agree...
But for shits and giggles, I built an Evoque Dynamic and optioned it out as I would have it. And I'm sitting at my Bronc build price! Lol
Such a BEAUTIFUL car that Evoque.
But I had one... A 2013 2 door Dynamic. Pricey to own, that's for sure!
You don't buy LR's, you lease them and give them back before the warranty expires!

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want a larger engine in a bronco it's $3500. If you want the larger engine in the defender, it's $13,000. That reason alone is why I ditched plans for a defender and reserved a bronco.

In a perfect world, I'd have a nice high powered V8 in a 2014 defender double cab with short bed like in skyfall opening scene. And it would cost $40k.
Sponsored