Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys!

I just got done installing the LOBO Off-road Front Bumper. First off I'm very impressed with the fit and finish when compared to a lot of the other aftermarket options I've seen in person. Even compared to my expensive RTR rear bumper the LOBO bumper blows it out of the water in weld quality, coating and weight. Speaking of weight, I took the time to weigh the LOBO Front Bumper versus the OEM Modular Bumper that I was replacing. I was blown away that I was able to save 25LBs just by switching to the LOBO bumper and that's not including the weight savings you would also get if you opted for LOBO's Front Aluminum Skid Plate. The Install went pretty easy and is obviously well thought out (No hard to reach bolts). The bumper uses a similar concept that I've seen on race rigs, that the substructure is designed to be the stronger support and the outer layer being the lighter shell. I'm sure that comes from LOBO's competition background. Overall Im happy with the outcome. What are your guys thoughts?

OEM Modular Front Bumper - 75lbs
LOBO Off-road Front Bumper - 50lbs

The bumpers backbone/substructure is made out of 3/16th steel while the bumper outer shell is made out of 1/8th steel.
Ford Bronco A Lightweight Steel Front Bumper? - LOBO Off-Road Front Bumper: Installed Photos & Review IMG_4419

You can see here how the bumper mounts to the backbones and the skid plate to combine all three layers for add rigidity.

Ford Bronco A Lightweight Steel Front Bumper? - LOBO Off-Road Front Bumper: Installed Photos & Review Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 5.00.20 PM

Here are comparison shots for the added front end clearance.

Ford Bronco A Lightweight Steel Front Bumper? - LOBO Off-Road Front Bumper: Installed Photos & Review IMG_4401

Ford Bronco A Lightweight Steel Front Bumper? - LOBO Off-Road Front Bumper: Installed Photos & Review IMG_4532

Enjoy the final product!

Ford Bronco A Lightweight Steel Front Bumper? - LOBO Off-Road Front Bumper: Installed Photos & Review P1050021.JPG
Ford Bronco A Lightweight Steel Front Bumper? - LOBO Off-Road Front Bumper: Installed Photos & Review P1050034.JPG
Ford Bronco A Lightweight Steel Front Bumper? - LOBO Off-Road Front Bumper: Installed Photos & Review P1050057.JPG
Ford Bronco A Lightweight Steel Front Bumper? - LOBO Off-Road Front Bumper: Installed Photos & Review P1050155.JPG
Ford Bronco A Lightweight Steel Front Bumper? - LOBO Off-Road Front Bumper: Installed Photos & Review P1050170.JPG

There is a full installation video on YouTube if curious!
Sponsored

Beach Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you selling your OEM MOD bumper? Interested if you still have it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Weekends & Waypoints

Weekends & Waypoints

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw the YouTube video and like the concept. I immediately went to the Lobo website hoping they had a similar concept for a rear bumper, but not really. Every rear that I see seems to be heavy overbuilt beasts. I’m not certain that all that weight is really gonna save the Bronco in a rear end collision.

I’ve got this crazy concept in my head for a rear bumper It’d probably never sell, but that’s why it’s only a concept(Concept is a stretch; more like a pipe dream). I want a rear bumper that is a companion to the factory Modular bumper. Ship me a stamped steel erector set that I have to bolt together for about $800. Would it be a beast? No. Would it be better than factory plastic? Probably. Would both ends of the Bronco be consistent? Kinda the whole point.

I think my idea kinda follows the same vein of your new front.

well done !!

Gramd

Big Bend
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 66 Chevy ll
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks great!! I’d be buying one too but the don’t ship to Canada :(

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good right up and sleek bumper! Weight is definitely an overlooked factor in a lot of builds I’m seeing. Nice catch on weighing this!

OP
OP
Weekends & Waypoints

Weekends & Waypoints

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw the YouTube video and like the concept. I immediately went to the Lobo website hoping they had a similar concept for a rear bumper, but not really. Every rear that I see seems to be heavy overbuilt beasts. I’m not certain that all that weight is really gonna save the Bronco in a rear end collision.

I’ve got this crazy concept in my head for a rear bumper It’d probably never sell, but that’s why it’s only a concept(Concept is a stretch; more like a pipe dream). I want a rear bumper that is a companion to the factory Modular bumper. Ship me a stamped steel erector set that I have to bolt together for about $800. Would it be a beast? No. Would it be better than factory plastic? Probably. Would both ends of the Bronco be consistent? Kinda the whole point.

well done !!
LOBO does have a rear bumber just like the this front bumper and from what I can tell it uses the same concept as the front. Check out the picture I found on their Instagram and the link to it.

Link - LOBO HNT Rear Bumper

Ford Bronco A Lightweight Steel Front Bumper? - LOBO Off-Road Front Bumper: Installed Photos & Review 075348AB-BDBE-42E2-B689-A262E580869A

Sponsored

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

well done !!
As @Weekends & Waypoints has stated as well, I do offer a HNT rear bumper, that follows the same concept as the front HNT modular design. Below I attached links to the forum as well as the link to the product on my website.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/lobo-off-road-hnt-rear-bumper.55305/

https://lobooffroad.com/product/hnt-rear-bumper-bronco/

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As @Weekends & Waypoints has stated as well, I do offer a HNT rear bumper, that follows the same concept as the front HNT modular design. Below I attached links to the forum as well as the link to the product on my website.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/lobo-off-road-hnt-rear-bumper.55305/

https://lobooffroad.com/product/hnt-rear-bumper-bronco/
I like the concept you're going with on the bumpers. Is there any chance you could make a rear bumper without the tire cutout? I did a spare tire delete because it weighs too much to be bouncing around back there. Now, I can't find a rear bumper that doesn't have a cutout for a tire.
Thanks,

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys!

I just got done installing the LOBO Off-road Front Bumper. First off I'm very impressed with the fit and finish when compared to a lot of the other aftermarket options I've seen in person. Even compared to my expensive RTR rear bumper the LOBO bumper blows it out of the water in weld quality, coating and weight. Speaking of weight, I took the time to weigh the LOBO Front Bumper versus the OEM Modular Bumper that I was replacing. I was blown away that I was able to save 25LBs just by switching to the LOBO bumper and that's not including the weight savings you would also get if you opted for LOBO's Front Aluminum Skid Plate. The Install went pretty easy and is obviously well thought out (No hard to reach bolts). The bumper uses a similar concept that I've seen on race rigs, that the substructure is designed to be the stronger support and the outer layer being the lighter shell. I'm sure that comes from LOBO's competition background. Overall Im happy with the outcome. What are your guys thoughts?

OEM Modular Front Bumper - 75lbs
LOBO Off-road Front Bumper - 50lbs

The bumpers backbone/substructure is made out of 3/16th steel while the bumper outer shell is made out of 1/8th steel.
Ford Bronco A Lightweight Steel Front Bumper? - LOBO Off-Road Front Bumper: Installed Photos & Review 075348AB-BDBE-42E2-B689-A262E580869A

You can see here how the bumper mounts to the backbones and the skid plate to combine all three layers for add rigidity.

Here are comparison shots for the added front end clearance.

Enjoy the final product!

There is a full installation video on YouTube if curious!
Thanks for posting! Pictures show some good lines and approach angles. I like that it doesn't stick out too far on the sides too. The weight (or lack there of) is a major bonus for me as we like to daily drive w/o giving up too many MPGs! I, for one, like a matching front/rear bumper combo concept. Doing my best to buy local and buy American. This will be a good pairing to their 2.7 winch skid when that gets fingered out. Nice rig!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good looking bumper. Even the winch version is nice and tight. Take notes Ford.

I like the concept you're going with on the bumpers. Is there any chance you could make a rear bumper without the tire cutout? I did a spare tire delete because it weighs too much to be bouncing around back there. Now, I can't find a rear bumper that doesn't have a cutout for a tire.
Thanks,
Rebrand it as a step?
Sponsored