Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He hasn’t bought the hydro dipping machine yet, it’s his next purchase, so I really have no idea but I imagine it’s do-able. Maybe call around. I’d be curious to know as well
10-4. I also thing spray chroming is a thing - not paint, but a water/silver spray, but I have yet to find any shops that can do it in my area. At least the googles aren’t helping all that much today, I may have to call around.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Copperhorse73

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

10-4. I also thing spray chroming is a thing - not paint, but a water/silver spray, but I have yet to find any shops that can do it in my area. At least the googles aren’t helping all that much today, I may have to call around.
One advantage I have living in the home of NASCAR is lots of businesses for anything auto related very close by

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like that Bull Bar…who makes that?

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like that Bull Bar…who makes that

Sponsored

RSHart

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2013 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm surprised at how much I like the grey grille! The lighter color makes it stand out from the stock black, but not too much, just enough. Nice job!
Tell us about the other mods.
I thought it was a Badlands.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my grill wrapped along with the rest of the car w/ Xpel Stealth and it has started to peel within 5 days of being wrapped (after a ~400 mile road trip.) The Xpel guys said they'd redo it for me at no cost. Noticed it when I was hand-washing the grill:

Ford Bronco A little experiment - wrapped grill...  will it hold up? 1644958403656

OP
OP
Copperhorse73

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had my grill wrapped along with the rest of the car w/ Xpel Stealth and it has started to peel within 5 days of being wrapped (after a ~400 mile road trip.) The Xpel guys said they'd redo it for me at no cost. Noticed it when I was hand-washing the grill:

Ford Bronco A little experiment - wrapped grill...  will it hold up? 1644958403656
Not surprised , and I’m expecting the same here. My wrap guy was just curious about how well his vinyl would hold On the rough surface.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that looks really good!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked my wrap guy about wrapping the grill (textured black diamond grill). After an initial test we determined we can at least get vinyl to stick well, so we went all in. I’m aware it may not last long, and if/when it starts to look bad we are gonna hydro dip it, but this was a fun experiment and I like how it turned out.

I doubt it'll hold up long, but that's some impressive work they did there!
But with the full force of the wind and crap flying against it, can't see it lasting. But who knows, an experiment worth doing I'd say. Especially 'over beers' :-D

Sponsored
OP
OP
Copperhorse73

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wrap guy is thinking about doing pre-cut wrap panels for all the body panels and selling online. I know Pro Line does it for Jeep but I haven’t seen it for Bronco yet so I may encourage him to pursue it

JGayler911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m curious about the hydro-dipping you mention. I really want a chrome grille as it will go best with the rest of my exterior. I was planning on waiting till someone came out with an aftermarket chrome option, but I wonder if hydro-dipping could work. Any chance you could ask your bud about it?
+1 for a chrome grill.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, glad you are all over this! I'm following the post and stocking up on my 3M wraps for when things warm up. Thx

BTW, nice rig!!!👍👍

schaf518

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I asked my wrap guy about wrapping the grill (textured black diamond grill). After an initial test we determined we can at least get vinyl to stick well, so we went all in. I’m aware it may not last long, and if/when it starts to look bad we are gonna hydro dip it, but this was a fun experiment and I like how it turned out.

Where did you come up with the lighting behind Bronco emblem?

Pony Collector

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How expensive would it be to hydro dip the grill? Found this while searching for pics. Would like to see it on a grill without the skull
Ford Bronco A little experiment - wrapped grill...  will it hold up? 1644975368388
Sponsored