Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, might have to hold off getting a wrap done until aftermarket fenders start flooding the market :unsure:

Also, I'd like a bolt on lego board attachment, so we can design our own fenders, lol. Imagine getting in a fender bender with legos strewn all over the road :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wouldnt it be awesome if Ford dealers offered a once every 3 years or 50,000 miles to bring your Bronco in pull all the allow panels, put on protective covers over the glass and interior then do a clean, dry, and touch up service for all your inner panels, wheel wells and floor. Maybe the first one is under warranty and subsequent ones are available for $500 or so. Then we could really keep these things around for 60 years.

mickoffroad.b

Badlands
First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a thought; if the image of the model is showing off what can be taken off and displaying the different options (which it has multiple doors, grills, tops, and bumpers), then notice how there 2 different steering wheels... might also be another option or i am over thinking it. ?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I just thought this was interesting and haven't seen it talked about on here yet. Zoom in on the picture and you can see the bolts.

View attachment 41372
Been talking about this for years. They took the first step when they introduced aluminum paneling on the F150.

Repairs in modern vehicles are costly because of labor, not materials, in most cases. In order to keep repair costs down with aluminum paneling they made the F150 faster to disassemble, and have extended that philosophy with the Bronco and modability.

Sponsored

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wondering how long it's going to take before there's a video online of someone striping down their bronco like that picture. Not it!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This sums up 80's cars. LOL
That YJ Renegade is from the 90's.

Without the success of Jeep over the last 30 years you probably wouldn't be getting a Bronco in 3 years.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't made it through 6 pages yet. Anyone commenting on the apparently removeable cage?

after reading 6 pages, no, noone has.

IS THAT A REMOVEABLE CAGE!?!?!?!? How easy is it I wonder? Soemthing you can get done on thursday afternoon so you can head out right after work Friday for a weekend of fun in the sun?

Last edited:

IAmTheLion

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F350, 2011 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stoked to see what the aftermarket comes up with, wide body or squared off fenders would be dope!

Last edited:

Sponsored

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s after you remove top, tail lights, the fuel door and fuel pocket, possibly the rear bumper, possibly the rear gate and hinges, whatever interior trim necessary to gain access, etc.

I’m not saying it’s an overly difficult job, what I’m saying is that it seems people are confusing an engineering decision with modularity. I do not think the intention for Ford was ever for people to quick swap body panels for a weekend excursion.

Quite a few members of this community have a history of creating something in their heads based on some information and being incredibly disappointed with Ford when whatever they concocted in their head doesn’t happen to be the case.
If you look at the panel lines, there is a notch for the taillight, there is no attachment point for the bumper, and it is layered over any interior panels. Jury’s out on fuel door, but smart money is since every other piece that isn’t the panel looks separate from the panel itself, one could assume the door has a couple bolts underneath and the cap system is separate as well.

nothin wrong with a little healthy optimism.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure it's not as easy as it looks. They kinda look like rivets to me

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Shower thought: if this is as easy to take apart as they say, wouldn't this make repainting a breeze? Just roll up to a paint center with all the panels off, have them sand-blast it, prime it, paint it, clear coat it, and give the pieces back?

Same thing for a powder coater...

(Admittedly, I am a novice to this and could be speaking out of my ass. But in theory, this sounds easier to bring the pieces to paint than have a painter tape things off, pull things off, etc?)

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shower thought: if this is as easy to take apart as they say, wouldn't this make repainting a breeze? Just roll up to a paint center with all the panels off, have them sand-blast it, prime it, paint it, clear coat it, and give the pieces back?

Same thing for a powder coater...

(Admittedly, I am a novice to this and could be speaking out of my ass. But in theory, this sounds easier to bring the pieces to paint than have a painter tape things off, pull things off, etc?)
It can make it easier but in most cases when one panel is repaired or replaced in order for it look correct the shops usually have to blend the paint to the adjacent panels. It wouldn't look right otherwise.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stoked to see what the aftermarket comes up with, wife body or squared off fenders would be dope!

A new wife body might be fun, but it won't be cheap.
Sponsored