William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
3B14A45D-58F0-4925-97E6-9B01C1D7932F.jpeg

I’m just gonna keep putting this up here to will it into existence.
I was originally thinking a gold paint scheme and an Olympia Beer sticker for the back window as a form of understated respect, but that takes what I was thinking to extraordinary levels.
Sponsored

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco's should be easy to enhance or trail repair, I think ford was just listening to Jeep owners for a lot features.

Intense

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It can make it easier but in most cases when one panel is repaired or replaced in order for it look correct the shops usually have to blend the paint to the adjacent panels. It wouldn't look right otherwise.
Would avoiding a metal flake paint help?

dfresh73

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I the only one who doesn’t think this is iconic silver? Looks more like carbonized gray to me.

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

7 Pages later /spongebob

Down the road future owners will love the aluminum body panels. Speaking as the owner of an old aluminum body Land Rover, the body panels (other than dents) are mostly like they left the factory in 1972. On the other hand, my steel body 1985 CJ-7 is rusting to pieces.

Unfortunately I think the underbody of the new Bronco is still steel, and so will need to keep an eye on that down the road for rust. But at least the aluminum doors and some other panels will hold up better in terms of rust.
well, at least the removable panels will make it easier to check some of what's underneath ? ... The paint bubbling on my mustangs hood has me leary of the aluminum ?, but gotta take the good with the bad I suppose.

Should also help chop shops steal your crap! :p

In all seriousness, wonder if this will make the Bronco a higher target for stealing...
every time I've seen someone stressing over the flares being easily removed I'd be thinking someone didn't catch this feature lol, admittedly the flares would be 100x easier to boost

Mail me a DIY Bronco kit and I'll assemble it myself. I'll take that white top also :coffee:
makes me think of the stories of GI's mailing home army jeeps ?

I'm sure it's not as easy as it looks. They kinda look like rivets to me
Their supposed to be those fancy Ford bolts for mod'ing ?

Gee! Can swap colors with another willing Bronco owner.
I've been waiting for the swap'n'shop area of the forum, so many people want other trims wheels/tires, want OBX but not color matched flares. Thinking if Ford denies white tops that anyone getting a white Bronco could make a profit swapping out modular white tops ? if anyone wants a Rapid Red hood for a white one PM me :unsure:

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It can make it easier but in most cases when one panel is repaired or replaced in order for it look correct the shops usually have to blend the paint to the adjacent panels. It wouldn't look right otherwise.
What I'm saying is that if I wanted to repaint the entire vehicle, not just a panel, it seems like it'd be easier and less expensive to do so. So custom colors that aren't available from the factory seems doable.

Or, like other people are saying, swap with others.

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bolted body panels has advantages much more far reaching than just aftermarket fenders. Ford’s aluminum alloy is harder to dent, but it is also harder to repair. Body shop costs are much more expensive.
However, with removable panels you can bounce a panel off a rock. Instead of taking it to the body shop, it should be less expensive to just purchase a new panel and get it painted. The owner can then just bolt it on and recycle the old panel.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds good, but just promise me not these sort of fender/body panels. This model YJ was a bit of a jump the shark moment for Jeep, lol.

1601304404700.png
the shark got em. it was ford

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That YJ Renegade is from the 90's.

Without the success of Jeep over the last 30 years you probably wouldn't be getting a Bronco in 3 years.
It was the 90s? I would have bet money it was from the 80s. That squared off look with the large ground effects says 80s to me, but that style probably made it into the 90s.

I’m not dogging Jeep. I own a Gladiator. But those fenders did not age well. Probably will be collectible in 10 years.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It was the 90s? I would have bet money it was from the 80s. That squared off look with the large ground effects says 80s to me, but that style probably made it into the 90s.

I’m not dogging Jeep. I own a Gladiator. But those fenders did not age well. Probably will be collectible in 10 years.
Doubtful, though I still wanna see a Renegade trail rig.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like this?

50231A5C-6525-4DD4-84D5-1CC89E38E21B.jpeg
No, that was the first Renegade pictured earlier, just a regular square eyed YJ with molded in flares, fog lights, and body kit.

I'd love to see one built. Wontons, Atlas, stroked 6cyl on 35's.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Or, of you have two Broncos in different colors you can swap panels :unsure: