Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree, nobody is really putting the puzzle together. Think about it:

You don’t have to order Sasq. Rip off old quarters and inner lining and replace with aftermarket Raptor/R looking ones that’ll have more clearance. 35s may fit with just a small spacer
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
still have to paint them unless you want primer black. I am sure aftermarket will have carbon fiber ones. ?

If it's that easy to take off panels it would probably be cheaper and easier when there is damage to order the part yourself and install it instead of having it done at a shop where they will kill you with the hourly rate. That would be so awesome

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

still have to paint them unless you want primer black. I am sure aftermarket will have carbon fiber ones. ?
Yea I'm sure there will be tons of aftermarket stuff. Carbon fiber would be nice, but expensive or could just wrap them for less

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
For inter-metal type bonding reasons, all the aluminum parts can easily be removed. I guess Ford is calling it a 'feature' when it's to protect from galvanic corrosion.
I'd call corrosion resistance a feature, lol. Every time I find an old Bronco in my price range, the low price is because the poor thing has damn near disintegrated underneath....

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco A look at the bolt on removable quarter panels of 2021 Bronco 3B14A45D-58F0-4925-97E6-9B01C1D7932F

I’m just gonna keep putting this up here to will it into existence.
100 Times, yes! Here's to hoping this (or something close) comes out Aftermarket soon, and won't be priced so high it makes it an incredibly painful decision.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100 Times, yes! Here's to hoping this (or something close) comes out Aftermarket soon, and won't be priced so high it makes it an incredibly painful decision.
I’m hoping before I take delivery so I only have to get the Bronco wrapped once. :LOL:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For inter-metal type bonding reasons, all the aluminum parts can easily be removed. I guess Ford is calling it a 'feature' when it's to protect from galvanic corrosion.
They should call it a “feature”...as it is a pretty awesome one as far as the ability to easily modify the truck goes. There are lots of cars and trucks out there that have aluminum panels that don’t have easy bolt on removal...so this obviously has a little more thought behind it than “bonding reasons”.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should call it a “feature”...as it is a pretty awesome one as far as the ability to easily modify the truck goes. There are lots of cars and trucks out there that have aluminum panels that don’t have easy bolt on removal...so this obviously has a little more thought behind it than “bonding reasons”.
It's pretty much what they can do to prevent galvanic corrosion that has benefits. Bonus, you get to modify fender flares and make custom carbon fiber quarter panels for the after market. Couple hours, and you have a completely different look. Or a couple hours and all that trail damage is gone.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The smart play will be having a set of "off-road" panels to bolt on before heading out. Save your factory painted stuff for the street. None of the factory replacement panels will come painted. The aftermarket will be either white or black gel coat or possible carbon fiber.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love this. Anyone with a big enough 3D printer can make a Saturn-like non-rusting front or rear fender out of whatever color they like. Killer!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd call corrosion resistance a feature, lol. Every time I find an old Bronco in my price range, the low price is because the poor thing has damn near disintegrated underneath....
Down the road future owners will love the aluminum body panels. Speaking as the owner of an old aluminum body Land Rover, the body panels (other than dents) are mostly like they left the factory in 1972. On the other hand, my steel body 1985 CJ-7 is rusting to pieces.

Unfortunately I think the underbody of the new Bronco is still steel, and so will need to keep an eye on that down the road for rust. But at least the aluminum doors and some other panels will hold up better in terms of rust.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The smart play will be having a set of "off-road" panels to bolt on before heading out. Save your factory painted stuff for the street. None of the factory replacement panels will come painted. The aftermarket will be either white or black gel coat or possible carbon fiber.
You got it. A cheap set of black ABS fenders (no metal or finish needed) would be the perfect fit for the trails.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You got it. A cheap set of black ABS fenders (no metal or finish needed) would be the perfect fit for the trails.
I bet that Bushwacker/Lund will have something like that.
Sponsored