Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco count:
Oregon 1
California 2
Nevada 0
Utah 0

Im going to be very disappointed if there isn’t at least one other Bronco at Moab.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
IMG_0726.jpeg
IMG_0722.jpeg
IMG_0733.jpeg
IMG_0753.jpeg
IMG_0748.jpeg

Dinosaur tracks

IMG_0740.jpeg

Headed up to SLC today (looking forward to a hot shower) and meet up with my brother. Then back down to Moab for some more rockcrawling
These are all awesome photos! Thank you for sharing your journey and thank you for being part of the Ford Family.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

IMG_0695.jpeg
IMG_0701.jpeg
IMG_0705.jpeg

If I was going to be at Sand Hollow I had to make a stop here. :cool: As always more pics at my Instagram.
No T-shirt so they didn't need to get you out! :cool:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMG_0542.jpeg

The Bronco picked up some stubble last night. Otherwise known as driving through a mosquito fog. Luckily I was able to wash it today.
I wonder if there is some product that can protect the front end from bugs, making them easier to wipe off while on a trip. My son borrowed my sports car for a trip out west, and passing through Nebraska, the front end got caked and baked with bugs. It took a lot of work once he got home, to wipe off all that bug goo. Maybe some slick protective coating would help.

Edit: And by "a lot of work", I spent hours with a credit card, carefully scraping off bug goo, while trying not to scratch the paint. The various bug/tar/soap removers did little to remove, and in the end I had to mechanically remove a lot of the bug goo by scraping and with water. Was bizarre how baked in the bugs were to the paint surface.

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Bronco count:
Oregon 1
California 2
Nevada 0
Utah 0

Im going to be very disappointed if there isn’t at least one other Bronco at Moab.
Oh, There's a butt load in Moab. We were there two weeks ago.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I wonder if there is some product that can protect the front end from bugs, making them easier to wipe off while on a trip. My son borrowed my sports car for a trip out west, and passing through Nebraska, the front end got caked and baked with bugs. It took a lot of work once he got home, to wipe off all that bug goo. Maybe some slick protective coating would help.
I can attest to that and we were in the Lexus since no Bronco yet.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit: And by "a lot of work", I spent hours with a credit card, carefully scraping off bug goo, while trying not to scratch the paint. The various bug/tar/soap removers did little to remove, and in the end I had to mechanically remove a lot of the bug goo by scraping and with water. Was bizarre how baked in the bugs were to the paint surface.
I made sure to wax the front before leaving. The mosquitoes came off really easily. I’m expecting more bugs so we’ll see if the rest come off easy.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The trick is to coat your front end with a thin coating of butter or spray-on oil (that you’d use on a BBQ grill). The bugs will just slide right off.

Do not try this.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a few products specifically targeted for this, one is Griot's Bug Barricade. No first hand experience. In general a fresh coat of a protectant of any kind applied just prior to the trip is best; if you have ceramic coating then use your preferred/recommended topper or else a fresh wax or wax refresher. There's also something like Trac Wrap or similar that could be applied to the leading surfaces (obviously not over the grill unless you want to spend the rest of your life individually wrapping each little element) as a sacrificial lamb.

Key is, regardless of what is used or even if nothing is used, getting those bugs off as soon as is possible. For this reason it's usually a good idea to keep a bottle of your favorite bug removal juice (bug juice remover?) and a bug scrubber/microfiber towel. I personally use P&S Bug Off (diluted) but there's a robust market of suitable products, P&S is just on my short list of car care products (as is CarPro). Keep in mind that most of these products are not designed to be left for any period of time on shiny surfaces that you don't want to become un-shiny; follow the directions and then follow up with either some type of QD spray or at least some water (preferably distilled) after use.

HTH

Sponsored
OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, There's a butt load in Moab. We were there two weeks ago.
Yeah, seeing a ton now in the SLC/Park City area. I can stop complaining now. :p

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I left Sand Hollow and went to SLC to meet up with my brother. He’ll be with me until NC. We went to Moab and immediately hit Fins & Things. The Bronco definitely got a workout. We only did part of the trail before heading to Porcupine Rim for the most amazing campsite. Then today we headed back to finish up Fins & Things.

Then onto Hell’s Revenge. Now I’m a totally inexperienced rock crawler and so far only farting around Sand Hollow has been my only real experience. Find & Things was a good challenge. My brother is a really good motorcycle trials rider so he understands picking good lines. But I would recommend either F&T and especially Hell’s Revenge for a novice.

we were t doing too bad on Revenge and even passed on Hells Gate as the entrance is very intimidating. So we kept on the trail and headed towards the end. The trail go increasingly more difficult and that when we looked at the guide and it said not to take the exit and to backtrack. But by then we had passed the first major obstacle and it was too late to turn around. From there it just kept getting worse. The most annoying part were the UTVs that were completely unfazed by obstacles that vexed us. Somehow by sheer luck we somehow made it out. I highly do not recommend it.

Ford Bronco A Month on the Road - Live Updates IMG_0823
Ford Bronco A Month on the Road - Live Updates IMG_2287
Ford Bronco A Month on the Road - Live Updates IMG_0800
Ford Bronco A Month on the Road - Live Updates 661410AE-DF61-4E88-ACA2-2F40AEBEE1AB

I hope the passes in Colorado are more forgiving.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell you it’s the only f’n rest area open in California. If you’re going to renovate your rest areas at least to every other one. :mad:
Why are they closed?

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Barstow. Almost to Bronco Knoll. It’s very windy in Barstow but it’s supposed to much calmer in Lucerne Valley. I hope so because the RTT would take a beating.

Update next time I’ve got a signal. :cool:
Barstow, gives me flashbacks of the lovely NTC :(