Sponsored

A Note to the 2-Door Brigade: We Get It Already!!!

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seriously, you guys are becoming the vegetarians of the Bronco buffet. šŸ˜€

We already know the 2D looks best (just like the 2D version of pretty much every vehicle thatā€™s ever existed). You donā€™t have to tell us this. Yet we still have perfectly-rational reasons for choosing the 4D:

We have family members we want/need to haul around and they are actual humans.

That 5th seat is 25% more seats = 25% more fun.

We want to take our adult friends for a ride in our Bronco without their having to contortionist their way into the back like common savages. Because we respect their dignity.

We want to carry more than 2 cans of Pringles in the cargo area while hauling rear-seat passengers.

Weā€™re taller than 3ā€™10ā€ and may want to sleep in the thing sometimes.

We want to be able to haul gear into the great outdoors without packing light like itā€™s a 50-mile backpack excursion. (ā€œI TOLD YOU STEVE, FREEZE-DRIED FOOD ONLY!!!ā€)

More flexible roof panels. (Your 2D rear passengers basically just get a common sunroof. ā€œGunner Hatchā€ isnā€™t fooling anyone.)

Longer roof rails. (EDITOR: DEBUNKED!)

Etc.

Canā€™t we all just get along?

Remember, two is great. But four is more.

šŸ˜€šŸ‘

Honestly? I like the 2 door and my kids are out of high school. If I have to go somewhere we take my wife's Equinox. If I had to haul the kids, heck yes I'd get a 4 door but since 90% of the time it is just me in the vehicle I'll stay he course with the 2 door. That being said, If I get the 2 door I will wish I had the 4 door and if I get the 4 door, I will wish I had the 2 door ;-)
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stop fighting about two-door vs. four-door says the guy who just started another fight. :rolleyes:

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base

We already know the 2D looks best
Vegan, actually, and my wife and I are buying the 2-door because our only kid is our greyhound.

Also, and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the 2-door looks much better than the 4-door.

:)

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm mainly going 2 door because it's cheaper. Looking better wasn't really a factor, although since I've landed on a 2 door, I've trained myself to like those better. I am literally only here becase 2 door BaseManSquatch is the cheapest way to get a brand new 4x4 with front and rear lockers.
If Jeep could do it cheaper, I would probably already have one.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread:
Ford Bronco A Note to the 2-Door Brigade: We Get It Already!!! giphy F

When was a Ford Bronco ever a four-door from the factory? Oh, never before?

Cars are an illogical financial decision--the Bronco especially so--and justifying the purchase by practical argumentation looks ridiculous to some people. Two extra doors on a Bronco are like pockets on a Bikini.

Sponsored

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This thread:
Ford Bronco A Note to the 2-Door Brigade: We Get It Already!!! giphy F

When was a Ford Bronco ever a four-door from the factory? Oh, never before?

Cars are an illogical financial decision--the Bronco especially so--and justifying the purchase by practical argumentation looks ridiculous to some people. Two extra doors on a Bronco are like pockets on a Bikini.
So, using your logic...

Before a Ford Bronco 2 door ever existed, there was no such thing as a Ford Bronco and a 2 door Bronco looked like a bikini without the bikini.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We already know the 2D looks best (just like the 2D version of pretty much every vehicle thatā€™s ever existed). You donā€™t have to tell us this. Yet we still have perfectly-rational reasons for choosing the 4D:

We want to take our adult friends for a ride in our Bronco without their having to contortionist their way into the back like common savages. Because we respect their dignity.

We want to carry more than 2 cans of Pringles in the cargo area while hauling rear-seat passengers.

We want to be able to haul gear into the great outdoors without packing light like itā€™s a 50-mile backpack excursion. (ā€œI TOLD YOU STEVE, FREEZE-DRIED FOOD ONLY!!!ā€)

More flexible roof panels. (Your 2D rear passengers basically just get a common sunroof. ā€œGunner Hatchā€ isnā€™t fooling anyone.)

Etc.

šŸ˜€šŸ‘
Wow, this thing got to 12 pages fast! TL;DR.

But hey RedHotFuzz, if it wasn't already said, you have to have Sasquatch tires (or bigger) on that 4-door, or it won't look right. šŸ˜œ

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Etc.

šŸ˜€šŸ‘
Well said! Except for one minor point- the Jeep Wrangler looks better with 4 doors, than with 2.... as does the Land Rover Defender. Just my opinion. If I had kids, or more space in my garage, I would have gone for the 4 door Bronco with squatch. :cool:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, using your logic...

Before a Ford Bronco 2 door ever existed, there was no such thing as a Ford Bronco and a 2 door Bronco looked like a bikini without the bikini.
Hot, right?

*except that the Bikini was made in response to a full coverage suit, but we can pretend no Bikini means no swimsuit at all, can't we?

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:unsure: . . .

Ford Bronco A Note to the 2-Door Brigade: We Get It Already!!! 1617042731952

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
I originally ordered a 2 door, but after seeing the 4 door squatch, I opted for THAT. I thought it looks much better than the 2 door. I will NEVER take mine "off roading" (I don't think)...I think it just looks BAD ASS....and when you get my age, you buy what you want without worrying about being a "mall crawler" or whatever term people use.

Ford Bronco A Note to the 2-Door Brigade: We Get It Already!!! 20210325_154712

20210325_154521.jpg

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would never own a 4-Bor (Boring) vehicle.

We (2-Door Gang) donā€™t need excuses for our cool 2-Door version of whatever vehicle we selectā€¦ Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Yet the 2-door gang keeps trying to convince us and apparently themselves! Just glad we can all get what we want. I will have a smile on my face as you will too. Looking forward to seeing either on the road. Guess it will be difficult at some point when someone is looking for only a 2 or only a 4 in the used market. They may have to pass on some great opportunities.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just wait for the Bronco Maverick and Mustang Aerostar to come out...

Actually wait... swap that. A Bronco Aerostar? Iā€™d be all over that.

Trino351c

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, John Deere Tractor, Snowshoes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem is that they did not make the bronco based on the full sized truck chassis. My 93 bronco could fit 3 people, 2 dogs and all the gear we needed for a week of camping. All done while only having 2 doors. Iā€™m 6ā€™7ā€ and could easily climb in the back seat. For me a bronco will always be a 2 door vehicle, but if you need the space go 4 doors. Thatā€™s still way better than buying a Jeep.
Sponsored