Sponsored

A note to the 4-door brigade: We get it already!!!!!

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Damn that green is sexy...

Ford, if you are listening, I would pay an extra $1500 if I could get that green and manual-mid black diamond.

I claim no copyright on my efforts... My photoshop skills consist of; cut, paste, and resize.
Sponsored

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Damn that green is sexy...

Ford, if you are listening, I would pay an extra $1500 if I could get that green and manual-mid black diamond.

I claim no copyright on my efforts... My photoshop skills consist of; cut, paste, and resize. Also sorry for the triple (or more) post. My upload internets are faster than the download internets today.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These threads remind me of a story...has anybody here read George Orwell's Animal Farm? "Four legs good, two legs bad." The animals were all on the same side in the beginning, then...wham-o! "Four legs good, two legs better." Chaos everywhere! 😂😂😂
All Broncos are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real reason the 4-door is better? The bottle opener.
The real reason the 2-door is better? No bottle opener.

Paint chips from a bunch of drunken "friends" using it and the exposed metal rusts and the touch ups will never look right. Do the caps fall in the bar and accumulate in there over time? It's just one less reason I'll have to "unfriend" someone in real life--which is much more satisfying than doing it online.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
But 2 doors look ridiculous? In a bad way. Proportionally they just don't work. The old ones did, these new ones don't. Sorry not sorry 💁‍♂️

Betting my 4 door ends up going more places than the majority of 2 doors ever will 😉

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would buy this, but they’ll never make it. I don’t need the doors, I just have too many fur babies that love the outdoors.
With the removal of the rear quarter panel being a simple as it is I'm hoping the aftermarket will pull through.

Latch onto the door. and bolt in. Only problem then is gotta find some 2DR seats for the front.

@EIGHTLUG - seems like it could be a good application as long as your bonded composite is paintable.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the battle of wits, it appears you came unarmed.

1. The Jeep 4XE has an electric motor in the same platform, so it's still a Jeep
  2. It was always about platform and fundamental qualities similar to Germany making a law defining what makes a beverage beer.
  3. Despite my disgust at the usage, the name Jeep is the manufacturer and that is why a Compass and a Wrangler are both Jeeps. This is where the kids say, "congratulations, you played yourself." Call a Bronco Sport and a Mustang Mach-E Fords, but don't call them a Bronco nor a Mustang.
I think we all have to realize:
1. Broncos and Mustangs are now MAKES, not MODELS. This is no different than Lamborghini or Porsche (both have SUVs), or Jeep. Accept that. It is no big deal.

2. If you are going to use a some kind of "heritage platform" argument, you probably should start with this ~85HP Pinto platform rebadged as a Mustang:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-ford-mustang-2/

Sometimes our "idealized visions" of the good old days of cars are not actually rooted in what actually happened.

Is this a Mustang?

Ford Bronco A note to the 4-door brigade: We get it already!!!!! Mustang II

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But 2 doors look ridiculous? In a bad way. Proportionally they just don't work. The old ones did, these new ones don't. Sorry not sorry 💁‍♂️

Betting my 4 door ends up going more places than the majority of 2 doors ever will 😉
Ford Bronco A note to the 4-door brigade: We get it already!!!!! 1617115284378

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Regarding the family reasons for the four-door, I will offer this. When I was 6, our family had a 2-door 1976 Bronco, a 2-door (and 2-seat) Datsun Z (both primarily driven by dad), and my mom had a 2-door 1978 CJ-7 Renegade with soft top and soft doors. Then she got pregnant with my brother, so they traded the Jeep in on something safer to carry a baby in than a tin-can Jeep — a 2-door Buick Skylark. Four-door cars back then were for old ladies and squares. Now they are the norm.

Granted, this was back when an infant seat would be strapped into the front passenger seat, so you didn’t have the hassle of dealing with infants in the back seat of a 2-door. And by the time they were toddlers they weren’t even in a child seat.

My dad bought that 1976 Bronco new in Brookhaven, MS, and I went with him (age 4) to get it. It was dark by the time we left the dealership, and I laid down across the tiny back seat and fell asleep, with no seatbelt.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1. Broncos and Mustangs are now MAKES, not MODELS. This is no different than Lamborghini or Porsche (both have SUVs), or Jeep. Accept that. It is no big deal.

2. This Mustang had less than 100HP. If you are going to call a Mustang, not a Mustang because of some kind of "heritage platform" argument, you probably should start with this Pinto platform rebadged as a Mustang:

Sometimes our "idealized visions" of the good old days of cars are not actually what we think.

Is this a Mustang?

Ford Bronco A note to the 4-door brigade: We get it already!!!!! 1617115284378
But Farrah...
Ford Bronco A note to the 4-door brigade: We get it already!!!!! 76 cobra d

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2. If you are going to use a some kind of "heritage platform" argument, you probably should start with this ~85HP Pinto platform rebadged as a Mustang:

Sometimes our "idealized visions" of the good old days of cars are not actually rooted in what actually happened.

Is this a Mustang?

Ford Bronco A note to the 4-door brigade: We get it already!!!!! 76 cobra d
Once again, you disproved your own argument by example. Jeep, Porsche, Lamborghini, and Ford are all makes as you would refer to them when you legally register your car. No person will register: Make = Bronco, Model = Sport

No, it is most definitely not a Mustang.

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With the removal of the rear quarter panel being a simple as it is I'm hoping the aftermarket will pull through.

Latch onto the door. and bolt in. Only problem then is gotta find some 2DR seats for the front.

@EIGHTLUG - seems like it could be a good application as long as your bonded composite is paintable.
Let's do this. Someone can setup a preliminary 'Group Buy - Two Door Rear Quarter Panels' thread. Let's put the soft commitment at 20 pairs. Once the list gets to 20, I can start putting numbers around the project and we'll see what the commitment attrition is. If we stay above 75%, I'll take deposits on the run and make the panels.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was going to have a friend, but the 4 door Bronco costs more.
Friend/Friends are optional...My Bronco is not! So, I’ll get the 2 door and save up and maybe someday I can afford to have skinny, short, thirsty (I’ll have cup holders) friends...but no more than 3.
Seriously, just get a Bronco! They are all awesome.
Who wants to argue about floor liners next?
Do I get carpet floor mats over the washout floor for soundproofing or rubber floor liners over the washout floor to protect the washout floor but then do I trap the water? Not sure I like the small piece of plastic that seems to be preventing the washout floor drain plugs from getting lost. It seems the plastic will break and I'll end up loosing my drain plugs even more than my Bronco tool kit. (Can you tell I'm sick of the 2dr 4dr fight?:)
Sponsored