Sponsored

A note to the 4-door brigade: We get it already!!!!!

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Mach-E is not a Mustang! Ford should have named it something else. Maybe bring back the Probe name, that would have been more fitting. I don't have a problem with a four door Bronco being a Bronco. But the 2 door looks and will wheel waaayy better!
It's the "Mach-E is not a Mustang because it has 4-doors even through it can beat 78% of Mustangs on the track and at the 1/4 mile, but a 4 door Bronco is a Bronco even though it looks worse than a 2-door..." argument.

Last edited:

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the "A Mach-E is not a Mustang because it has 4-doors even through it can beat 78% of Mustangs on the track and at the 1/4 mile, but a 4 door Bronco is a Bronco even though it looks worse than a 2-door..." argument.
Yep!

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think the 2 Door looks better too, except with the fastback top. Something about the proportions jut seem off to me when it's sporting the fastback.

Sponsored

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Of course, I still ordered a 4 Door. :-( I wanted the longer wheel base because sometimes I climb very steep mountains, and I have a fear of rolling over backwards.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course, I still ordered a 4 Door. :-( I wanted the longer wheel base because sometimes I climb very steep mountains, and I have a fear of rolling over backwards.
Nothing wrong with that! This post was just for laughs at the end of the day.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other than kids and soccer moms, there is non.
I ordered a 4 door so I have something to talk with the soccer moms about!

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, I have a kid and I’m getting a two door... am I a horrible mom? 🙀
No joke when the Bronco was first released, my wife asked about getting a 4 door because of our 2 kids. Without hesitation I gave her this simple answer: Broncos are 2 doors.

(In all honesty, they climb in and love my current Bronco, don't see it being any different going forward)

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 3 questions for you:
1. Just confirming that you think the Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon is "NOT a Jeep" (see below), since you have declared that it cannot be a Jeep, since it has an electric motor:
https://www.jeep.com/wrangler-4xe.html

2. It is likely that BOTH the current generation Bronco and the current generation ICE Mustang will be the last to not have an electric motor. So, by your imposed rules, the names MUSTANG and BRONCO cannot be used for the G7 for both vehicles, just because they will plug-in?

3. If the Big Bronco did not come out, but only the Bronco Sport came out, you would not call it a Bronco, because why? They are both Broncos, just like a Jeep Compass and Jeep Wrangler are both Jeeps.

Ford Bronco A note to the 4-door brigade: We get it already!!!!! 1617125485842
Jeep is the Brand not the model. Bronco, Mustang, Explorer all of them are Ford.

By away, I can't wait to see a real electric vehicle all terrain as it could be the Bronco-e. FCA just did the only thing they know to do, Changing the engine on their models. In this case a hybrid model. A real Electric all terrain will have a completely redesign of their power train with independent power unit for each wheel as Rivian models have. Having the same transmission system will be heavily lost of power for an electric vehicle. Too much energy wasted just to move all those components and weight.

Jeep has a prototype called Wrangler magneto that is all electric Wrangler but it sounds like a RC toy because, again, they did what they know to do, just change the engine keeping the rest of the power train in place.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a 4 door so I have something to talk with the soccer moms about!
Who cares? Why is this even a thing?
It's a thing because we have anything else better to do while we're waiting for our Bronco!:rolleyes:

For me is now an addiction to refresh this website (I never closed it) to see what new stuffs I can read about the Bronco.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All this arguing about 2 door or 4 door, smh. Where's the Bronco purists? The old Broncos had a one piece top, so the new model isn't a real Bronco!
Sponsored