Sponsored

A note to the 4-door brigade: We get it already!!!!!

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let’s just all gather around with a beer and a slice of Pineapple Pizza and forget how many doors our Broncos have just for a little while. Lol
Make that sausage and no pineapple and I’ll consider it.
Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went through the door dilemma in 2008, not much has changed in the following years. I went with the 2 door because of its 'classic' nature and the 4 dr. is just to damn long (IMHO). I got a jeep because of its heritage not because Daimler-Benz or fiat owned it, that is for damn sure.

That said, in the last 14 years (yes it has been that long) the market has moved to the 4 door models. To many soccer moms out there and seemingly the rock ledges got higher, and the aftermarket went after the larger market segment, can't really blame them. Several times during my build my posts were commented upon with something like "sure is nice to see a 2dr being built...".

You can say all your want but the videos of the EJS prove the aftermarket is going with the 4 door, not one single 2dr was built, no matter what Ford ad campaign say is their lead model. I personally like the wheelbase of the Bronco 2dr, it is closer to the sweet spot of the perfect 110" than the 2dr jeep however, the practicalities of life win out for most people. Personally, with a 3" lift and 37s I can live with it being 6" to long better than I can 10" to short when you count the extra interior room and on-road handling of the longer wheelbase.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You mean the sweet stray in my profile pic? He just showed up out of nowhere so we started feeding him...he’s a little mouthy though. Can’t figure out what breed he is either.

Actually that beauty showed up on our trail cam. Crazy what goes on out there. Bear, raccoons, foxes, coyotes, but thankfully no random crazy hill people (yet).
I found one like that not very frendly ,chewed up sofa put this on cl hope his owner comes for him🤞
Ford Bronco A note to the 4-door brigade: We get it already!!!!! Screenshot_20210331-184459_Gallery

Sj2021wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f350 6.7, 2016 gmc Sierra denali 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am curious: How many of you who have owned a Bronco in the past of any Gen 1-5 (all 2-door) ordered a 4-door? Just curious the percentage of Bronco vets who ordered which and whether the 4-door leans more toward first-time Bronco newcomers.

I only know two people personally who ordered 2021 Broncos. One is a woman who has never had a Bronco and ordered a 4-door Outer Banks. The other is a guy who has had a Bronco in the past and several other 4x4s, and he ordered a 2-door WildTrak.
I've had an 86, 89 and 95 Bronco and ordered a 4 door. All the broncos I've owned have been the larger Gen bronco and had tons of space so it just made sense to go 4-door. Also I'm 6'6" 36in inseam and was worried about leg room.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The triangle is why I didn't go four foor.....

Sponsored

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven’t checked the 4-door leg room specs but actually wondering if it has as much as in the 2-door. Reason I wonder is I did compare the 2-door specs to my 4Runner, and the Bronco has more legroom and a little more headroom up front.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If Bronco people are arguing with Bronco people over doors we're doing it wrong. Stop cutting our own throats. That a Bronco owner can get a base base, Outer Banks, or worse yet a Badlands that never sees dirt, is the inherent best part of Bronco.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If Bronco people are arguing with Bronco people over doors we're doing it wrong. Stop cutting our own throats. That a Bronco owner can get a base base, Outer Banks, or worse yet a Badlands that never sees dirt, is the inherent best part of Bronco.
Yes, why can’t it be like the old days when people were losing it over the fact that the Bronco doesn’t have a tailgate. 😂

jswan

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously, you guys are becoming the stars of the cancel culture society. WORDS HURT ME! 😀

We already know the 2D looks best (just like the 2D version of pretty much every vehicle that’s ever existed). Why are you so offended when we tell you this? We understand you have perfectly-rational reasons for choosing the 4D but what about our reasons?

- 2 door looks better

- We don’t have crib midgets, maybe only dogs. Or a spouse I guess.

- We don’t have friends, you guys have friends and take them places in your car??

- We won’t have rear seat passengers besides the doggies = more room for more food.

- Real Broncos are only 2 doors.

- 4 doors are for soccer moms, mall crawlers and posers.

- Some of us don’t intend to sleep in it and maybe some of us are 3’ tall? Dick!

- No passengers = plenty of room for more food! “Hey Steve if you want to come, get your own car you mooch!”

- Oh you have an extra roof panel you won’t remove while going to the mall or soccer practice? Cool for you. 😉

- Did I mention the 2 door looks better?

Etc.

Can’t we all just get along?

Remember, 4 is more but it’s a bore.

2 DOOR FTW!!!
😀👍

Yes, this is all sarcasm you little nannies.
Awe! Are you gonna be ok Skippy?
That was pretty emotional.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had an 86, 89 and 95 Bronco and ordered a 4 door. All the broncos I've owned have been the larger Gen bronco and had tons of space so it just made sense to go 4-door. Also I'm 6'6" 36in inseam and was worried about leg room.
I’m interested if you’ve ever had trouble with leg room before. . I’m 5’10 but have a 34” inseam (pls no bully lol) but I have never had any trouble with leg room in a car. Maybe because I’m female so my frame is a lot smaller and I sit back on the seat further.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m interested if you’ve ever had trouble with leg room before. . I’m 5’10 but have a 34” inseam (pls no bully lol) but I have never had any trouble with leg room in a car. Maybe because I’m female so my frame is a lot smaller and I sit back on the seat further.
I am similar size as the wildtrack guy (like 37" inseam, 36's are too short and 38's are a little long)

I drive my wife's 2008 Edge with the seat all the way back and my right kneecap resting against the dash.

The twenty million dollar question is how the forward legroom will be in the Bronco with a kid seat behind me. We only have one so far and he rides behind the passenger seat.

As far as 4drs go... I was wanting to hunt down a clean 4dr first gen Explorer for a family offroader. Locked both ends, 6" lift, 35's, LS swap... I had plans for this thing. My wife fell in love with the Bronco and then proclaimed "since it is a 4dr you won't have to drag home a junker to build"

😒

If a 2dr would do it for me I would go Bronco II and not look back...

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am similar size as the wildtrack guy (like 37" inseam, 36's are too short and 38's are a little long)

I drive my wife's 2008 Edge with the seat all the way back and my right kneecap resting against the dash.

The twenty million dollar question is how the forward legroom will be in the Bronco with a kid seat behind me. We only have one so far and he rides behind the passenger seat.

As far as 4drs go... I was wanting to hunt down a clean 4dr first gen Explorer for a family offroader. Locked both ends, 6" lift, 35's, LS swap... I had plans for this thing. My wife fell in love with the Bronco and then proclaimed "since it is a 4dr you won't have to drag home a junker to build"

😒

If a 2dr would do it for me I would go Bronco II and not look back...
Ah, okay, that sounds brutal with the 2008 Edge.
Sponsored