Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just think you could’ve lost a roof like some Tesla’s 😂
Bunch of Model 3's lost their rear bumper in rain thanks to using two tiny tack-welded L-brackets. Elon called it an "Act of God" and refused coverage on some of them.

As long as you find the pieces that fall off your Bronco, you can just blame it on ~Modularity~

Also OP, take that damn dealer emblem off.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like a plastic pin broke causing the pannel to come apart.

Off topic I like how they have "bronco super celebration" when there is what thousands still sitting.. Wtf is the celebration? When I see bronco nation post this stuff I can't help but get upset

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was getting annoyed at the weekly Offroadeo emails I was getting. Utah, Nevada, Texas, New Hampshire... is Ford going to fly me out from WIsconsin? Why can't they have a single Offroadeo in the midwest?

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OMG people I’m not a rock crawler or a mudder anymore but I understand that when off roading things break as you are essentially abusing it heck in my youth CJ5 days I would wake up to go to work and be missing mirrors, broken headlights and flat tires and look at as the cost of having too much fun
Well if this happened due to body damage while four wheeling I don’t think anyone would be shocked.
This happened because it is an early production run in the first model year and quite frankly is alarming for any vehicle.

JMcBronco

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Besides this piece falling off, I’m having a great time. Guys check this part as I feel it’s going be a failure point. I seen another Bronco who had issues with this part also. I’ll call my dealer tomorrow to see how they will fix this.

Ford Bronco A piece of my Bronco fell off at Super Bronco Celebration Ford-Bronco_modularity_011

Ford Bronco A piece of my Bronco fell off at Super Bronco Celebration Ford-Bronco_modularity_011

With my luck, they'll stop production and replace all Broncos with new taillights before mine gets built.

KingBronco

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like a plastic pin broke causing the pannel to come apart.

Off topic I like how they have "bronco super celebration" when there is what thousands still sitting.. Wtf is the celebration? When I see bronco nation post this stuff I can't help but get upset
Bronco Super Celebration has been going on for many years, at least around 12-15 years and is mostly dedicated to early broncos (66-77 models). It is run by Bronco Driver Magazine, which has been running 6 magazine issues each year since 2004.

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m definitely thinking the same thing I already hit my sales guy up he said bring it to the service dept. I got a Velcro thing from Walmart holding it in rn. Can’t be looking crazy at Bronco Super Celebration!
werd

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Being that this is on the entry side of the tailgate, it is likely to be a part that takes some impacts every now and then while loading/unloading gear. Especially for those situations when you find out that ;"I guess that this

won't fit in the back."
It appears that the factory used five points of glue to attach this piece and the adhesive simply did not hold. They will likely glue it back in place, but it could come loose again if it is due to bumping it from time to time. An adhesive that does not fully harden should be used.
It may be a better fix to use some double-sided foam backed tape if there is space. That would allow for some movement if it gets bumped.
I am surprised that Ford didn't use some type of body clip on this part.
thats not glue those are plastic micro welds that were not done correctly so more like a manufacture defect than a design flaw but whoever was running the heat welder that day had it set to low or the fingers depth too low process is called heat staking

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well if this happened due to body damage while four wheeling I don’t think anyone would be shocked.
This happened because it is an early production run in the first model year and quite frankly is alarming for any vehicle.
One incident reported so far and the sky is about to fall. Worse is people telling OP how to fix it. You have a warranty for stuff like this, not turn it into a DIY project. If it turns out to be a common issue, reporting it may help others not have the same thing happen.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's just a cute little cosmetic. Glue the shit guys. Thanks for the heads up OP.
Yeah, but holy hell Ford. Does anyone who worked on design and engineering this thing know the slogan Built Ford Tough? How many tail light trim pieces are going to end up on the freeway etc. Like, stop building junk already.
Sponsored