First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious. Anyone at KM received an email with build date? I'm right on the cusp of getting a MY21. However, most likely will get pushed to MY22...I have 5 of the deadly sins. Not an issue either way.
In the other thread, I believe someone posted they got a build date. It was a Black Diamond iirc and I don't remember any other info.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Latest info blast from Eric mentioned possible arrival in June of two full-sized broncos for test driving. Obviously subject to a very structured scheduling plan which will most likely require a reservation process.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there's just the handful of out-of-state dealers offering below invoice pricing. These dealers are betting on High Volume sales, for a probable big payday. There have been no California dealers (that I know of) that are using this business strategy! Additionally, CA charges an additional fee ($400, I think) to register a vehicle that was purchased from an out of state location, so the politicians in this state also try to protect and enable them.

I've said this many times before: that I've called all around Southern California, and I've settled on the only dealer that I thought was being up front with me. The Manager that I talked to with was informative and straight forward about the Bronco, he listened to everything that I had to say, he confirmed all his commitments to me (nothing over MSRP, no ADM's, accept X Plan, and he offers a quality experience throughout the transaction), in a follow-up email. What the heck, regardless of where you buy, you can get your Ford serviced, ANYWHERE!

Anyhow, he committed to me, and I committed to him, by moving my reservation to his dealership. I was so pleased with the way that he handled himself, that I have bragged on him to others on this forum, and other Bronco forums, as I believe in promoting the people that deal with me in an honest manner... and in leaving other's in the dust.

I've said all this stuff, on this forum, before: don't just accept all the stupid shid that the other Inside Sales Agents and Internet Sales Agents are telling youā€¦ and I think Iā€™ve heard it all: ā€œwere working to get MSRP for all of our loyal customers;ā€ ā€œmy manager thinks the X Plan will be available;ā€ ā€œthere is a strong possibility that Ford will include the ___ Plan, but they havenā€™t told us yetā€ (itā€™s actually up to the dealership, not Ford); and the always interesting ā€œwe havenā€™t decided yet, but my manager says that thereā€™s a good possibility thatā€¦ā€œ

You gotta know that if you accept this kind of stuff, that: 1) your azz is hanging out, and you will be solely at their mercy after October 31 (the last date that you can change dealers). You need to get an agreement in writing from a Manager or Director at that dealershipā€¦ or youā€™ve got NOTHING!

Even if you donā€™t qualify for Plan discounts, call this guy. Talk to this guy. Listen to his open and honest approach to selling you a Bronco. Ask for his commitment of anything that you agree on, in writingā€¦ and you will get it. I did, and many of my 30 or 40 forum friends have also switched their dealer to Eric at Kearny Mesa Ford.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of us the are in receipt of the X-plan offer itā€™s an excellent opportunity, and thanks to Eric & KM Ford!

But as the offer is not available to new or transfer orders itā€™s kind of misleading to continue to post about the offer without a disclaimer that itā€™s no longer available.

My only complaint is this dealers refusal to NOT install a dealer installed alarm.

KM Ford has said they cannot make that promise to me, and in all likelihood an alarm will be installed even if I donā€™t want it.

I really donā€™t want the factory wiring harness modified in any way prior to delivery by a non-Ford Technician.

Sponsored

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bummer about the other thread.

Eric was a wealth of knowledge.

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recent email from Eric was a nice update. Looks like Xplan is still in places for those of us that grandfathered in to there promise. I'm currently deployed and Eric has been upfront on making sure I'll have no issues when it comes time to order MY22 Bronco. I have a POA with 2 trusted people in SD to pickup for me if I'm not back when it's delivered šŸ‘Œ. So far I've been really happy with KMF.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those of us the are in receipt of the X-plan offer itā€™s an excellent opportunity, and thanks to Eric & KM Ford!

But as the offer is not available to new or transfer orders itā€™s kind of misleading to continue to post about the offer without a disclaimer that itā€™s no longer available.

My only complaint is this dealers refusal to NOT install a dealer installed alarm.

KM Ford has said they cannot make that promise to me, and in all likelihood an alarm will be installed even if I donā€™t want it.

I really donā€™t want the factory wiring harness modified in any way prior to delivery by a non-Ford Technician.
This is the first Iā€™ve heard of KM installing an alarm on our Broncos. In fact Iā€™ve been told otherwise. Where are you getting this information?

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the first Iā€™ve heard of KM installing an alarm on our Broncos. In fact Iā€™ve been told otherwise. Where are you getting this information?
Straight from Eric.

Told otherwise by whom?

Iā€™d recommend you review the commitments expressed with the tenacity of a contracts lawyer šŸ§

When I first expressed my desire to have no modifications done, Eric replied that the dealer would not install anything Iā€™d ā€œhave to pay forā€.

Having been around long enough to be able to read thru double-speak, sales jargon. I requested that he confirm that nothing - including no cost modifications be made to the wiring harness. His reply said that KMs insurance required all vehicles to receive the alarm upon receipt (IMO a BS excuse to install a money- maker).

I communicated the reasons I donā€™t want a non-Ford technician messing with the wiring harness or anything else. Eric continued to say it was not a customer request KM could honor (an honest answer even if not what I wanted to hear).

Knowing how much of a money maker the dealer installed sh*t (alarm, glass etch, fabric protection, paint sealant, etc.) is for the dealer I even offered to pay them NOT to install the alarm -Ericā€™s reply was that there was no negotiation on the alarm and front license bracket installation, and if I didnā€™t like it I should go elsewhere.

Kinda ended the honeymoon šŸ„²

As much as I appreciate his honesty in the end, the use of carefully crafted language in numerous communications threw me off the band wagon. In the end I had to weigh the benefit of X-plan pricing against the unwanted modifications.

Iā€™m still with KM, just not as happy as I could be.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Eric was informed of the siteā€™s sponsorship rules which are in place for all vendors. Commercial activity on the site is reserved for authorized sponsors only. He declined, which is fine, but instead of engaging with the administrators constructively, he decided to further bypass our rules by registering two additional forum accounts in violation of forum rules. His account was suspended and the original thread closed.

Eric, and Bronco6G, are moving on, so any further off-topic posts about this are going to be removed.

- Doug

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Straight from Eric.
Wow, I'll have to reach out to him because when I switched over he assured me that nothing I did not order would be installed or added to the vehicle.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Straight from Eric.

Told otherwise by whom?

Iā€™d recommend you review the commitments expressed with the tenacity of a contracts lawyer šŸ§

When I first expressed my desire to have no modifications done, Eric replied that the dealer would not install anything Iā€™d ā€œhave to pay forā€.

Having been around long enough to be able to read thru double-speak, sales jargon. I requested that he confirm that nothing - including no cost modifications be made to the wiring harness. His reply said that KMs insurance required all vehicles to receive the alarm upon receipt (IMO a BS excuse to install a money- maker).

I communicated the reasons I donā€™t want a non-Ford technician messing with the wiring harness or anything else. Eric continued to say it was not a customer request KM could honor (an honest answer even if not what I wanted to hear).

Knowing how much of a money maker the dealer installed sh*t (alarm, glass etch, fabric protection, paint sealant, etc.) is for the dealer I even offered to pay them NOT to install the alarm -Ericā€™s reply was that there was no negotiation on the alarm and front license bracket installation, and if I didnā€™t like it I should go elsewhere.

Kinda ended the honeymoon šŸ„²

As much as I appreciate his honesty in the end, the use of carefully crafted language in numerous communications threw me off the band wagon. In the end I had to weigh the benefit of X-plan pricing against the unwanted modifications.

Iā€™m still with KM, just not as happy as I could be.
This is just to clarify. Since Eric canā€™t post on here anymore. I just asked him about the alarm and here is his quote.
ā€œKearny Mesa Ford is not going to pre-install a security system on any special order Bronco, 2021 or 2022.ā€

Hopefully this is cleared up now. Not sure what else transpired between you two, but at least this is explained for everyone.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is just to clarify. Since Eric canā€™t post on here anymore. I just asked him about the alarm and here is his quote.
ā€œKearny Mesa Ford is not going to pre-install a security system on any special order Bronco, 2021 or 2022.ā€

Hopefully this is cleared up now. Not sure what else transpired between you two, but at least this is explained for everyone.
Yep Same.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have an order through KMF and a 6/21 build date. 4dr BB, 2.3L, 10A, 4.27/locker, MIC top, Cactus Gray.
Sponsored