Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango / 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you Eric, I got the Real conformation from Ford today for my 2022 Badlands, I'm heading to Vegas for the Bronco Off Rodeo Dec.1st if anybody else is going that day stop by and say hi 😃
Got my notice today too! Hoping for a early 22 delivery
Sponsored

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250 6.7L TD 4X4, 2021 2D Cactus Gray FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks right at home!! 😍 By the way, I rechecked my engine, I will be zip typing the hose further away from the belt, its too close for comfort. Have you checked yours yet?
Thank you Eric, I got the Real conformation from Ford today for my 2022 Badlands, I'm heading to Vegas for the Bronco Off Rodeo Dec.1st if anybody else is going that day stop by and say hi 😃
Dress warm. The base camp is at 6000 feet. Have fun!

RobPS

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my order confirmation too!!! One...step...closer...

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my built confirmation today (after 3 months on dirt mountain), and hoping that I get the 3 week travel times that seem to be happening over here, and not the 6 weeks that Ford is quoting!

Sponsored

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Totally agree with @Outbound Exploration concerning "Kearny Mesa Ford". Awesome experience from reservation 16 months ago to taking delivery yesterday. Special thanks to Eric Bunch, Ashton Howard, & Alex Corona... I was in and out in two and a half hours!

"BETTY" is now at home in her new stable. 😁
I was there for 5.5 hrs. It took them 2 hrs just to get my paperwork printed. I waited 3 extra days to get the alarm installed ....then after hour 3, I was told it wasn't done. Which turned out to be not true.

Don't even ask me about the dent and ding coverage that got masqueraded as an out of state waiver and wasn't itemized on the invoice.
Maybe the worst new car buying experience I've ever had.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was there for 5.5 hrs. It took them 2 hrs just to get my paperwork printed. I waited 3 extra days to get the alarm installed ....then after hour 3, I was told it wasn't done. Which turned out to be not true.

Don't even ask me about the dent and ding coverage that got masqueraded as an out of state waiver and wasn't itemized on the invoice.
Maybe the worst new car buying experience I've ever had.
Hey Wade,

Your car buying experience did suck. I was there while it happened and watching that train wreck was stressful for me after how much time I had invested in your satisfaction. Mistakes and miscommunications were made because you were among our first to purchase a Bronco at our dealership, not to mention very first out of state Bronco. I remember the biggest issue was you purchased an alarm through accessories which our dealership had never seen before, so the sales team saw that on the breakdown they assumed we needed someone to install another alarm. Our Bronco process is very different from our day-to-day business, so every person you interacted with was not fully prepared. I can only take that on myself because I know I could have trained and prepared my team better. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. For what it's worth, we learned a ton from your experience which has led to a significantly smoother process for everybody ever since.

For context I want to add a few things though. Your Xplan discount was honored without issue, I waived hundreds of dollars worth of accessory labor when I heard there was a mistake there, and as soon as you contacted me about not understanding one of the products you purchased in finance, I immediately got the Finance Director involved and it was taken care of right then. So when you think back on your worst new car buying experience you've ever had, I hope you also remember that we really did try to make it right! I have to believe that you recognize that though considering you have a second 2023 Bronco reservation with us that you just emailed me about 2 weeks ago.

Be well, Wade.

Eric Bunch

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So when you think back on your worst new car buying experience you've ever had, I hope you also remember that we really did try to make it right! I have to believe that you recognize that though considering you have a second 2023 Bronco reservation with us that you just emailed me about 2 weeks ago.
Eric Bunch
So it was so bad he had to go back for more. This tells us his previous post is invalid or he is sadistic :unsure:

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Wade,

Your car buying experience did suck. I was there while it happened and watching that train wreck was stressful for me after how much time I had invested in your satisfaction. Mistakes and miscommunications were made because you were among our first to purchase a Bronco at our dealership, not to mention very first out of state Bronco. I remember the biggest issue was you purchased an alarm through accessories which our dealership had never seen before, so the sales team saw that on the breakdown they assumed we needed someone to install another alarm. Our Bronco process is very different from our day-to-day business, so every person you interacted with was not fully prepared. I can only take that on myself because I know I could have trained and prepared my team better. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. For what it's worth, we learned a ton from your experience which has led to a significantly smoother process for everybody ever since.

For context I want to add a few things though. Your Xplan discount was honored without issue, I waived hundreds of dollars worth of accessory labor when I heard there was a mistake there, and as soon as you contacted me about not understanding one of the products you purchased in finance, I immediately got the Finance Director involved and it was taken care of right then. So when you think back on your worst new car buying experience you've ever had, I hope you also remember that we really did try to make it right! I have to believe that you recognize that though considering you have a second 2023 Bronco reservation with us that you just emailed me about 2 weeks ago.

Be well, Wade.

Eric Bunch
Eric

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I, of course, accept your apology.

Will I give your store a second chance to do better? Of course.

I told you to your face that this was high on my list for worst experiences ever, and that was before the D&D upsell was blended into the purchase price item line without me asking for it. (As you recall, i was told my first USB contract was incorrect, that I was getting a discount, and had to wait for a new contract Then, that person went for lunch and I had to wait for a different manager to do it).
And when I followed up with your finance manager as to why my purchase price item line was $1200ish over X plan, her reply was "dent and ding coverage is applied to every new vehicle. They didn't cover that with you up front?"

Did your store address it's mistakes and my concerns? Absolutely. Hence the future business. I understand and accept mistakes will happen. But the line between incompetence and intent is thin in your industry. I'm sure you accept that or you wouldn't be doing what you do.

Fyi, I will still recommend your dealership. I understand how your industry works

Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up last night. Eric, Ashton, and Truman made this a very pleasant experience. They took care of everything, best interest rate, I even bought the extended warranty, which I normally don’t buy. 8.6 miles on the clock. Thanks guys. I like the way you handled this and it was worth the drive down to you.

5C2D79AD-0F85-4BFB-A33B-AA136A2542D4.jpeg

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up last night. Eric, Ashton, and Truman made this a very pleasant experience. They took care of everything, best interest rate, I even bought the extended warranty, which I normally don’t buy. 8.6 miles on the clock. Thanks guys. I like the way you handled this and it was worth the drive down to you.

Ford Bronco A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford 5C2D79AD-0F85-4BFB-A33B-AA136A2542D4
Congrats John, 2022 here I come 😃

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

5C2D79AD-0F85-4BFB-A33B-AA136A2542D4.jpeg
2dr club!! Congratulations and see you on the roads/trails 😁

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the guys with the mod bumper and no front plate mount did you guys specifically ask for them not to install it before delivery? I don't want it mounted so wanted to see what others were doing or if Kearny by default wasn't installing in order to give customers the option.

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250 6.7L TD 4X4, 2021 2D Cactus Gray FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For the guys with the mod bumper and no front plate mount did you guys specifically ask for them not to install it before delivery? I don't want it mounted so wanted to see what others were doing or if Kearny by default wasn't installing in order to give customers the option.
I specifically asked that it not be installed.
Sponsored