Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi there Eric! Welcome aboard. I am sure I will be moving dealerships as soon the configurator goes live and I have minute to look at my options. I will reach out then and hope we can do Business together.

Thanks,

JJ
Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there Eric! Welcome aboard. I am sure I will be moving dealerships as soon the configurator goes live and I have minute to look at my options. I will reach out then and hope we can do Business together.

Thanks,

JJ
Eric is s great guy. No bullshit and honest. If you ask him, he will follow your conversation with an email commitment that defines your discussion. I don’t know of anyone else in CA that works as hard and honestly to get your business.

A LOT of us southern CA buyers have already moved to him.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord

will you consider volume based pricing? It would benefit our SoCal Bronco community and your dealership.

Members can buy with confidence at a discounted rate better than Xplan and you get a shit ton of sales.
Hey Travis! I didn't see this message yesterday or I would have replied.

You are definitely correct that doing sub Xplan pricing would give us another surge in reservation switches! We'd be the @Granger Ford of California! Here's the straightforward reason why I cannot do that though:

When a Ford dealership accepts Xplan or Dplan pricing, there is obviously a significant discount for the customer, but what some people don't know is that the dealership is reimbursed a portion of that discount. Definitely not all of it, but Ford gives us back some of it. In order for the dealership to qualify for that reimbursement though, we must sell the vehicle for EXACTLY the Xplan price, to the penny. If say we contracted a vehicle for $300 under the Xplan price, we no longer get the Xplan recoupment, completely removing any profit margin at all.

Given the long term follow-up and work (9 - 24 months depending on the reservation priority) that we as a dealership are committing to, and given we won't see any profit as a result of that work until the vehicle arrives and is sold, I personally believe it is a good business decision to keep pricing at MSRP. Of course we will honor anybody with Plan pricing with their due discount as well.

I doubt you were looking for that in-depth of a response to your question, but it's for those reasons that I have our pricing strategy the way it is. I definitely appreciate you asking the question though! I've seen so many people start talking about banding together to create reservation pools, and that is an awesome idea! I don't think it will create more Granger pricing models though. I personally think the best result the militias will have is it will force dealers who don't honor Xplan, or that are charging addendums, to reconsider their business model.

Take care, Travis.

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013

Last edited:
OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Thanks,

JJ
Thanks for touching base JJ! I think we're all excited for Ford to finally release the online configurator! Feel free to reach out between now and then if you have any additional questions.

Eric
[email protected]

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord
Have the powers that be at KMF determined whether a deposit will be required at the time of order? If so, how much and will it be refundable? There has been noise about a few dealers not requiring a deposit when it comes time to place orders in December. Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord
Have the powers that be at KMF determined whether a deposit will be required at the time of order? If so, how much and will it be refundable? There has been noise about a few dealers not requiring a deposit when it comes time to place orders in December. Thanks!
We have no plans of requesting an additional deposit in December. It's an interesting topic though. I see it as a good way to weed out anybody who placed the $100 deposit but maybe doesnt intend on following through, or maybe financially can't follow through. But I typically prefer to work on good faith agreements with all other special orders.

What are your thoughts on the topic?

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have no plans of requesting an additional deposit in December. It's an interesting topic though. I see it as a good way to weed out anybody who placed the $100 deposit but maybe doesnt intend on following through, or maybe financially can't follow through. But I typically prefer to work on good faith agreements with all other special orders.

IMO It depends on what damages/liabilities KMF will incur as a result of buyers refusing to take delivery of their order. Having early inventory on the lot of the hottest SUV on the planet seems like a good problem to have if the dealership will have the option to sell them.

I may be an optimist but the good faith you've shown thus far has made you stand out in a good way. Why not continue it?

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I completely understand the thought behind weeding out people who are dreaming and may not follow through with the purchase. Of course if the money is refundable (which it should be) doesn't really stop someone from pulling it last minute anyway. Would be more of an upfront shocker to weed a few out. Of course if this were a pre-order for a Fusion or an Edge, which if not sold to the pre-order person may sit on your lot for a while, it would seem prudent to grab some money up front. Pretty sure any Bronco that hits a dealers lot during reservation distribution time frame would be bought up immediately (and probably at a premium) so I doubt there is much risk on your end with these.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IMO It depends on what damages/liabilities KMF will incur as a result of buyers refusing to take delivery of their order. Having early inventory on the lot of the hottest SUV on the planet seems like a good problem to have if the dealership will have the option to sell them.

I may be an optimist but the good faith you've shown thus far has made you stand out in a good way. Why not continue it?
Good feedback. And you're definitely right about having an abundance of Broncos not being a real issue. A classic '1st world problem' if I ever heard one. I think I'll let it ride with no additional deposit (y)

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I completely understand the thought behind weeding out people who are dreaming and may not follow through with the purchase. Of course if the money is refundable (which it should be) doesn't really stop someone from pulling it last minute anyway. Would be more of an upfront shocker to weed a few out. Of course if this were a pre-order for a Fusion or an Edge, which if not sold to the pre-order person may sit on your lot for a while, it would seem prudent to grab some money up front. Pretty sure any Bronco that hits a dealers lot during reservation distribution time frame would be bought up immediately (and probably at a premium) so I doubt there is much risk on your end with these.
Spot on with the risk being minimal. Unless the launch were to flop, any additional units will be gobbled up at market price within days.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Spot on with the risk being minimal. Unless the launch were to flop, any additional units will be gobbled up at market price within days.
You ain't getting mine Eric! I'll be there to pick that thing up! lol.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just moved my reservation to Eric. I live in northern LA county...I think it will be worth the drive to San Diego. He is much more responsive then the local dealer. Everything seems straight forward, transparent and legit! I also figure it will be a nice drive to San Diego when things get going....

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just moved my reservation to Eric. I live in northern LA county...I think it will be worth the drive to San Diego. He is much more responsive then the local dealer. Everything seems straight forward, transparent and legit! I also figure it will be a nice drive to San Diego when things get going....
I’m glad Eric managed to convert you to KMF. I’ve been also leaving a few posts to let as many people know... as I could, in LA and surrounding areas. I hope you continue to find him to be great to work with.

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same here, live in Calabasas. You?