Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Bob okay I've had some time to think about the announcement and the process Ford has planned for allocation. You asked for my opinion so I'll gladly share it.

First of all, I think the problem of how to prioritize the fulfillment of orders is probably much more complex than us onlookers are aware. Let's say Ford is only able to produce 80,000 units in 2021 (made up number), but has 160,000 people who've reserved one (not a made up number). How do they most effectively distribute those 80,000? Do they do first come first serve? Well that might leave large areas of the US underrepresented. Do they give all dealerships an even number? Well that definitely wouldn't work here in SoCal where over 5% of Bronco reservations are held. So in short, I can appreciate the complexity of the problem they face.

I believe Ford's decision tries to address all facets of the problem. First, reservation priority is still heavily based on where you are in the national reservation list. Some other factors that will determine the number of Broncos given to each dealership are: The number of vehicles sold in a rolling 12mo period (to address volume aspects), the number of competitive vehicles like wranglers and 4runners registered in a 12mo period (to address areas of competition), and lastly the dealership's conversion ratio of Bronco reservations. I don't fully understand that last component. A dealership could theoretically receive more or less units based on something completely out of our control. This ads a layer of complexity to my strategy because I (and we) now have a vested interest in making sure that anybody with reservations who are on the fence either shit or get off the pot. Order cancellations do not count against conversion ratios, but uncontacted or un-submitted orders do.

The good news for our dealership's reservation holders is we are a higher-volume dealer so will benefit from additional allocation based on the volume aspect. We also live in a region with ample competitive registrations. The part I need to figure out is how to best capitalize on the conversion ratio aspect. I'm not sure how to do this yet. It is not in our best interest for me to just convert every order regardless because Ford will be watching for dealerships gaming the system. The best action might be to personally contact everyone on the list as we approach December.

One way or another Bob, I will figure out how to get as much allocation as is possible. That may not satisfy the needs of everyone, but I will still do all that I can.

Eric
Hey Eric!

Thanks for your explanation. I think it will be pretty good for me and others who reserved at your store. Based on the three factors you mentioned...

1. Sounds like your store moves a lot of Fords. (I am up in Northern LA County...I wasn't sure how how big your store was...The big player up here is Galpin (maybe the biggest in the USA?). But it makes sense that a Ford Store in San Diego would move a lot of cars!

2. Jeeps and 4Runners are big here in So Cal. I personally just sold my Jeep LJ in March 2020 and currently have a 4Runnner...Off road vehicles are super popular!

3. I have no doubt you will convert reservations to orders. I have my reservation with another dealer before I moved to Kearny Mesa Ford. I never heard from them other than an automated email when I first made my reservation...You are definitely doing a good job representing your store and Ford!

Now I have to decide...do I go with the Manual Badlands (original choice) or a Manual Base Squatched!

Thanks for all of your help.

Bob
Sponsored

Methman

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey sorry about the experience. I was out of the office last week or I would have been glad to speak with you personally. The reality is that much of the staff still are not well versed on the Bronco yet, hence why I've put myself at the tip of the spear.

I have not received a color book yet, or swatches, or anything really. I had some physical brochures that showed pictures of the colors, but I only had a dozen and they went very quickly. Is your reservation currently with my dealership? I am planning to let everyone know next time I get anything physical that depicts the colors.

Eric
Eric thank you for the quick response and no problem. Well, I’m in SD until I retire in March, but residing in Idaho, so my reservation is in Idaho. I work nearby your dealership, which is why I stopped by. My company buys their vehicles from your dealership, so I do know you are top notch. If I wasn’t going to be in ID in March my reservation would be with you.

KobeStyle

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Eric!

Thanks for your explanation. I think it will be pretty good for me and others who reserved at your store. Based on the three factors you mentioned...

1. Sounds like your store moves a lot of Fords. (I am up in Northern LA County...I wasn't sure how how big your store was...The big player up here is Galpin (maybe the biggest in the USA?). But it makes sense that a Ford Store in San Diego would move a lot of cars!

2. Jeeps and 4Runners are big here in So Cal. I personally just sold my Jeep LJ in March 2020 and currently have a 4Runnner...Off road vehicles are super popular!

3. I have no doubt you will convert reservations to orders. I have my reservation with another dealer before I moved to Kearny Mesa Ford. I never heard from them other than an automated email when I first made my reservation...You are definitely doing a good job representing your store and Ford!

Now I have to decide...do I go with the Manual Badlands (original choice) or a Manual Base Squatched!

Thanks for all of your help.

Bob

Hey Bob,

I'm in Huntington Beach which is in the middle of both Galpin and Kearny Mesa drive wise. With you being so close to Galpin, what made you go with a San Diego dealer? If Galpin sells the most in the nation, wouldn't they get greater allocation first and you your Bronco first without your drive to San Diego? I'm trying to make a decision because I'm not sure Huntington Beach Ford is a smart move with both Galpin and Kearny being just a 1.5hr drive each way.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Bob,

I'm in Huntington Beach which is in the middle of both Galpin and Kearny Mesa drive wise. With you being so close to Galpin, what made you go with a San Diego dealer? If Galpin sells the most in the nation, wouldn't they get greater allocation first and you your Bronco first without your drive to San Diego? I'm trying to make a decision because I'm not sure Huntington Beach Ford is a smart move with both Galpin and Kearny being just a 1.5hr drive each way.
I think that the Reservation holders will continue to have their Bronco's built, and delivered, in the same approximate order as their Reservation numbers were issued... with the exception of the "batch production," by model that Ford has previously addressed.

I think the greater allocation thing starts, after the Reservations have been fulfilled... but maybe one of the dealers can let us know if I'm correct.

I also moved to Kearny Mesa, because of the excellent communication by a straight forward Manager at their store (Eric Bunch), and the fact that he is happy to take the time to discuss anything Bronco related, with you. After your conversation, he will also take the time to send you a written guarantee, and nobody else does that!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Shit Eric...
I want to apologize. I didn't realize this was your thread until I went back to the first page.
I'll repost my Socal findings the general CA forums.
I appreciate the apology but it isn't necessary! This is a public forum for all to share. To me it is more important for everyone to know which dealerships are being transparent and which aren't. Please repost that message in this thread; it may help someone in that region that I won't be able to!

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Bob,

Hey Kobe,

When I originally made my reservation on the second day, I wasn't fully up to speed (I hadn't discovered bronco6g yet)...I just took the default/local dealership dealership which was Valencia Ford, not Galpin. Galpin is still close maybe 15 miles, Valencia Ford...I can walk there....maybe 2 miles.

Valencia Ford initially sent me an automated email...but than never responded on follow-up emails I sent to them. At that point, I knew I was going to switch dealerships. I did my due diligence at the time...I contacted Galpin by phone and was in email contact with Eric at KM Ford.

The lady I spoke to at Galpin was really nice! But whenever I asked her a question about ADM or X-plan...her response was something like 'My supervisor said no ADM' or 'I think we take x-plan'. She did not install very much confidence. Eric at KMF responded to all of my questions in a timely manner and has sent out emails that confirm no ADM and he accepts X-plan. Eric 'put it in writing'.

The size of the dealership issue was not part of the equation when I made my switch to KM Ford. The last 12 months of sales part of the calculation was just released a few days ago. I believe Galpin is the largest ford dealership in the country...maybe the world? So in that respect, Galpin has an advantage. I think KM Ford is still a pretty big dealership...considering their location in SD and SD being top 10 biggest markets in the nation...

I originally was going to go manual Badlands, but now that you can get a manual squatch, I think I am going manual base squatch. If I go this route I am probably pushing my delivery date back since manual squatch broncos are late 2021, so timing of delivery will probably be impacted.

In the end I am very comfortable with my decision. When you read what some other dealerships are doing additional deposit, shady responses, adm, etc...I'll pass.

Eric is straight up and is transparent with how everything is working out. I also like that there he is a specific/direct point of contact. I feel confident I will get good pricing (x-plan) and he has already shown superior customer service.

I hope my rambling helps you with your decision.

Bob

Last edited:

KobeStyle

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for taking the time to respond, guys. The latest murky message from Ford to dealerships spoke about them "trying" to keep priority per reservation, but then other factors such as market, dealership performance and so on seemed to be considered strongly as well.

I originally did the same by going with my local Huntington Beach Ford and have only gotten the standard email and no follow up to any of my questions. So, I think I'll go ahead and switch down to Kearny considering market size for whatever the latest formula on possible bronco allocation is, and other members experience with Kearny.

I appreciate your input on Galpin; the drive to San Diego is a lot more relaxing than LA anyway.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for taking the time to respond, guys. The latest murky message from Ford to dealerships spoke about them "trying" to keep priority per reservation, but then other factors such as market, dealership performance and so on seemed to be considered strongly as well.

I originally did the same by going with my local Huntington Beach Ford and have only gotten the standard email and no follow up to any of my questions. So, I think I'll go ahead and switch down to Kearny considering market size for whatever the latest formula on possible bronco allocation is, and other members experience with Kearny.

I appreciate your input on Galpin; the drive to San Diego is a lot more relaxing than LA anyway.
Just call Ford at 800-334-4375. Opt 1 English (or Option 2 Spanish); then take Opt 3, for Marketing. Tell them you want to change dealers on a Bronco reservation. Have your Reservation number ready. They will ask you to confirm the usual kinda stuff... your name, address, and email you used to reserve your Bronco. They will confirm where your current reservation is. They will confirm where you want to move your reservation to. When complete, you will get an email, from Ford, to also confirm the change you made to the dealer that will deliver your Bronco. The dealer you originally used will return your $100 to you, within 10-days. The new dealer doesn't request a deposit. You keep your original Reservation Number. ALL DONE! Took me less than 10-minutes.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, I think I'll go ahead and switch down to Kearny considering market size for whatever the latest formula on possible bronco allocation is, and other members experience with Kearny.

I would be glad to assist you purchase your Bronco if that's what you end up deciding! Before switching please email me at [email protected].

Eric

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I appreciate the apology but it isn't necessary! This is a public forum for all to share. To me it is more important for everyone to know which dealerships are being transparent and which aren't. Please repost that message in this thread; it may help someone in that region that I won't be able to!
All,
I spoke with Rich Hughes from Villa Ford in Orange today. He is the Internet Sales Director who advised folks with a reservation will sell at MSRP, no mark up, no add on's the customer didn't request, $85 doc fee, and will honor X Plan.

Johnl702

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Cadenza
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All,
I spoke with Rich Hughes from Villa Ford in Orange today. He is the Internet Sales Director who advised folks with a reservation will sell at MSRP, no mark up, no add on's the customer didn't request, $85 doc fee, and will honor X Plan.
Do you have his contact information?

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All,
Do you have his contact information?
714 221 2484
[email protected]

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I asked myself the same thing and just like Bob said, Galpin never committed and was very vague in their responses. Eric was/continues to be transparent and up front. I switched both my reservations (both I intend to take delivery on) to Kearny Mesa ???

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@EricAtKearnyMesaFord with Ford's new email it mentions to be prepared for a "commitment" down payment. Can you share with us what that looks like (amount, logistics etc.) or will Kearny Mesa take this down-payment at time of delivery?
Sponsored