Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hi Eric,
Will you still be offering the x plan to those that have a valid pin and are planning on transferring our reservation to you or is your offer only available to those who currently have a reservation with you?

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250 6.7L TD 4X4, 2021 2D Cactus Gray FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi Eric,
Will you still be offering the x plan to those that have a valid pin and are planning on transferring our reservation to you or is your offer only available to those who currently have a reservation with you?

I hope he answers... I'm interested also, but I think he was off work about 15 minutes ago.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Eric,
Good question and I'm glad you asked. This is an open offer to any who have their reservation with us, regardless of when you get in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope he answers... I'm interested also, but I think he was off work about 15 minutes ago.
It's true I should be off, but I haven't been able to catch up with my inbox since I put this message out lol

TO ANYBODY WHO PLANS TO SWITCH TO MY DEALERSHIP, PLEASE EMAIL ME FIRST SO I CAN KEEP ORGANIZED! [email protected]

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope none of you did anything dumb yet like cancel your order! I went to bat and got it done. I will be sending this email out to all our reservation holders shortly, but figured you might like an advanced peak. I welcome you to share this with any other SoCal reservation holders whom I might miss.

"Good afternoon all,

We at Kearny Mesa Ford have tried our best to be completely transparent regarding our pricing policies with all of you from the very beginning. Our commitments were clear to all reservation holders: We are not going to mark up the price above MSRP, we will accept all Ford sponsored discounts (X/Z/A/D Plan), and we will not add any additional equipment or accessories without request.

As some of you know already, Ford announced today that the full size Bronco will not qualify for Xplan discounts. It will though still qualify for Z/A/D plan. Needless to say this came as a big surprise to all of us. I have personally spoken to well over 100 of you and I understand just how important this factor was in your decision to do business with us.

In response to this, we have internally made the decision that we will still honor the Xplan discount for anybody who can provide a valid PIN when it comes time to complete the purchase. This will just be for your individual special order and will not be offered on any stock Broncos. We will use typical Xplan pricing from like-priced Fords to approximate what the price would have been. This will also disqualify our dealership from the reimbursement we would typically see from doing an Xplan deal, but following through on our commitments is more important than that.

Thank you for being a customer of ours,

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford & Kia
858-560-5544 ext 1013"
Thank You, Eric! Again, you are going above and beyond!

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope none of you did anything dumb yet like cancel your order! I went to bat and got it done. I will be sending this email out to all our reservation holders shortly, but figured you might like an advanced peak. I welcome you to share this with any other SoCal reservation holders whom I might miss.

"Good afternoon all,

We at Kearny Mesa Ford have tried our best to be completely transparent regarding our pricing policies with all of you from the very beginning. Our commitments were clear to all reservation holders: We are not going to mark up the price above MSRP, we will accept all Ford sponsored discounts (X/Z/A/D Plan), and we will not add any additional equipment or accessories without request.

As some of you know already, Ford announced today that the full size Bronco will not qualify for Xplan discounts. It will though still qualify for Z/A/D plan. Needless to say this came as a big surprise to all of us. I have personally spoken to well over 100 of you and I understand just how important this factor was in your decision to do business with us.

In response to this, we have internally made the decision that we will still honor the Xplan discount for anybody who can provide a valid PIN when it comes time to complete the purchase. This will just be for your individual special order and will not be offered on any stock Broncos. We will use typical Xplan pricing from like-priced Fords to approximate what the price would have been. This will also disqualify our dealership from the reimbursement we would typically see from doing an Xplan deal, but following through on our commitments is more important than that.

Thank you for being a customer of ours,

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford & Kia
858-560-5544 ext 1013"
You @EricAtKearnyMesaFord and Kearny Mesa Ford are a real exception and the only reason I still have a reservation. I am not sure how much I trust Ford, but I trust you. Thank you.

I have to be honest, that letter from Ford just about put me over the edge. It has nothing to do with you or the Bronco but my faith in Ford keeping their bargains, and meeting their obligations. So far I have been unimpressed with the roll out where they missed deadlines, provided half answers, played games, and Mike Levine has gone from Corporate edgy to smarmy with little to no credibility. Ford may like him, but the non Bronco Nation forums think he's an ass. LOL, didn't mean to dump on you. But if anybody asks how your reservation holders feel about the marketing, go ahead and refer them to this post!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eric is top notch once again! Shoot I gotta talk Chrispy first but I’m most likely switching to Kearny Mesa for convenience and how much effort Eric puts in. F this I’ll be buying YOU the burrito sir!! Asada or Al Pastor? ?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
SoCal Reservation Holders,

Due to the overwhelming popularity shown to Kearny Mesa Ford since the Bronco launch, Ford has asked us to host a live Bronco event on December 1st! I don’t have many details to share yet but I do know this: We will have 2door Broncos, 4door Broncos, and Bronco Sports here on the ground for you to see! I do not believe anybody will be allowed to drive these units. I haven’t seen one in person yet so I’m extremely excited for this event! Plus this will be a cool opportunity to finally meet some of you. I will share more updates in the coming weeks as I get details on times, units, colors, etc.

Eric

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SEE THE NEW BRONCOS AT KMF!
All of Eric's reservation holders just received this notice, from Kearny Mesa Ford, in San Diego!

Good afternoon all!

Before addressing the exciting updates that I have for you, I’d like to first thank you all as a group for the huge outpouring of appreciation and positivity you’ve shown our dealership recently. To say this process has had a rocky start would be an understatement. Thank you for sticking with us through it all!

EXCITING UPDATE:

Ford’s Build & Price tool will be released tomorrow! This will FINALLY be your opportunity to configure your dream Bronco. I expect the tool will answer most of the product questions that you’ve been holding onto for months. Have fun playing with it over the weekend!

EVEN MORE EXCITING UPDATE:

Due to the overwhelming popularity shown to our dealership since the Bronco launch, Ford has asked us to host a live Bronco event on December 1st! I don’t have many details to share yet but I do know this: We will have 2door Broncos, 4door Broncos, and Bronco Sports here on the ground for you to see! I do not believe anybody will be allowed to drive these units. I haven’t seen one in person yet so I’m extremely excited for this event! Plus this will be a cool opportunity to finally meet some of you. I will send another update in the coming weeks as I get details on times, units, colors, etc.

WarDamnBravos

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi Eric, Im thinking i will get a base model but would like to put Katskinz seats and different rims/tires that are not offered in the build and price. Would that be something I could do through your dealership and include them in the total price?

Thanks

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Eric, Im thinking i will get a base model but would like to put Katskinz seats and different rims/tires that are not offered in the build and price. Would that be something I could do through your dealership and include them in the total price?

Thanks
Very cool! Short answer is yes we can take care of all that for you. I have a feeling a lot of people will be customizing their interiors. As we approach the opening of the order banks, I can reach out to Katskinz to get a quote for you. They give us a reasonably good deal on their products. We also partner with a few rim/tire shops in SD. I guess I should do this research anyways so I can provide it as an option to everybody. Good questions!
Sponsored