Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay - I have seen all of these insane comments far to often and really just want people to know what they are getting into or getting their hopes up for, or lack thereof actually.

1. The bronco is too small

Research off roading before you decide you want an off road vehicle. Small is good and yes its small. Its a body on frame SUV which means less cargo room and less passenger room then your new SUV's that appear to be close in exterior size.

2. The interior of the bronco seems compromised and cheap

Well folks that's because it is. If you have never rode or drove a Jeep Wrangler and for some reason are under the impression that you believe you want a Bronco... you are in for a wake up call.

I beg you - go test drive a wrangler. The general feel, dimensions, and interior quality will be very similar. Cheap plastics? yes. Little body room? yes. Poor audio because the doors come off? Yes.

It gets better though folks! This thing will be much louder than you are used to when you drive it. Especially on the highway. The roof comes off after all.

go test drive a wrangler.

3. The 2 door has almost no room for rear passengers!

Yeah - it has 2 doors. Ford was not going to magically change the space time continuum and bring you space that does not exist.
2 doors are for people with no kids, or for folks who have enough money to afford a 2 door as a toy.

go test drive a wrangler

4. There is little cargo room

This is sort of false - you rarely will carry enough crap for this to matter. Seats fold down on the 2 door and should provide enough space, plus a roof rack..etc. But yeah, again it will hold significantly less shit than your minivan

5. Bonus : The gas mileage will be awful

Absolutely won't do better than 25mpg on the highway - you are buying a off road vehicle

All of these things are what make the Bronco a Bronco. Its all the reasons I love the Wrangler too.
It won't be comfortable, it wont be practical, it wont be quiet and it most certainly wont be luxurious. and that is what makes it great.

Go. Test Drive. A Wrangler.

this was part catharsis but also I genuinely hope I prevent someone from waiting a year for a truck that they will end up hating.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

25mpg on the highway. You are a dreamer.

I'd have said won't do better than 21mpg highway.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

100% spot on. A Bronco is not a luxury vehicle. It is not a comfortable crossover. It is a purpose built off-road capable "truck". It is much closer to ride and noise to an 80's 4x4 truck than it is to a new Lexus or even Explorer. Comparing it to a Wrangler is as close as you can get without having a Bronco to drive.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

25mpg on the highway. You are a dreamer.

I'd have said won't do better than 21mpg highway.

That's going to depend on version and setup. OB and BB non squatch should.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's going to depend on version and setup. OB and BB non squatch should.

I don't care about mpg on the Bronco, but I'm betting real world numbers won't impress.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was actually getting ready to type something up like this myself. Thank you for doing the hard work for me! Some people seem to think the Bronco is a luxury vehicle, and while there are some luxury elements you can option in, the Bronco is a vehicle with utility at its core. It was made with a specific purpose......offroading. People want this vehicle to be something its not. If people want a vehicle with an offroad icon nameplate, but it really be a higher-end crossover SUV, they can look no further than the Chevrolet Blazer. Just figured I'd add to your rant.

Last edited:

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Wrangler’s purpose is the same as the Broncos’s.

Absent the ability for you to test drive a Bronco, you are going to get a decent idea of the ride quality, noise and materials used in an SUV that exists to survive the outdoors and not to necessarily coddle in sumptuous luxury.?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Wrangler’s purpose is the same as the Broncos’s.

Absent the ability for you to test drive a Bronco, you are going to get a decent idea of the ride quality, noise and materials used in an SUV that exists to survive the outdoors and not to necessarily coddle in sumptuous luxury.?
thank you.
Why people can’t comprehend this - and also can’t be civil, is beyond me.

Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you sound like someone who has very little working knowledge of vehicles
you sound like somebody who thinks a platform that has been practically set in stone since the late 90s and has an underpowered engine with a solid front axle is anywhere comparable to a brand new bottom up design of a car with a properly powered engine and IFS that was literally designed in the past 2 years

no. driving a wrangler wont help you at all understand what the bronco is like.

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Raptor is designed to the baddest production off road truck ever. To my surprised, it is the most comfortable badass truck I have ever owned.

I think the Bronco will also be a pleasant surprise

:)
I appreciate the optimism but the f-150 is an entirely different platform.

larger in every way and contains sound deadening materials known as an actual roof and doors lmao

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After ~2 days on this forum I have come to the same confused conclusion as to what people think this vehicle is. The current Wrangler (JL) was a big jump from the TJ and JK interior "creature comforts" so if the Bronco meets or beats the JL in shiny/comfy things I will be happy and impressed.

But then when driving my full-size truck or wife's crossover, will remember how hilariously bad the ride quality, MPG for size, rattles and squeeks, etc. these types of vehicles have... but they are still fun and can go places my truck will get stuck and wife's crossover would shake to pieces doing.
Sponsored