Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm single and I'm good with the Bronco being small. I drive a KIA Sportage AWD w/a turbo and the Bronco will get better mileage than what I get now. I can't take the doors off of my KIA and I'm pretty sure there is not a KIA blog as entertaining as this one. ??
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not sure why I see the new defender being brought up in comparisons, it’s a minivan, it’s closest competitor is the Fiat Panda - not a BOF off-road vehicle.

If off-roading is important than LR offers nothing for you as a consumer. There’s videos of a crown Vic cruising along in Moab, it doesn’t make it an off-road vehicle it just has to pick the right lines for its capabilities (Or lack there-of).

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..It won't be comfortable, it wont be practical, it wont be quiet and it most certainly wont be luxurious. and that is what makes it great...
And this is a big reason why I am so excited! I can't wait!

Sponsored

chris865

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra, 2015 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In part for the reasons you stated, is why I reserved the Bronco as a third vehicle. It's not a daily driver for me; it's for the woods as far as I am concerned. The Bronco is additive to my Tundra and 4Runner; I'm not trading anything.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think many of us feel Ford made some odd compromises.

It went with IFS vs SFA for comfort vice off-roading capability ---while then saying it can't be a larger vehicle since its not about comfort but off-roading.

It's an off-roader so don't expect good MPG --- yet you still can't have a V8, here is a small turbo

It has superior break-over, crawl ratio, and ground clearance but you can't get all that at one and you are compromising transmission, axles, sway bar disco, etc depending on package.

It's not designed to have lots of cargo room ---- yet the old broncos had more as do many of it's closest competitors and at least rear seats are designed to come out in a jeep.

I'm extremely happy overall that Bronco is back. I love the looks of it and they overall hit a home run, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved upon or that Ford didn't miss on a few things.

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Okay - I have seen all of these insane comments far to often and really just want people to know what they are getting into or getting their hopes up for, or lack thereof actually.

1. The bronco is too small

Research off roading before you decide you want an off road vehicle. Small is good and yes its small. Its a body on frame SUV which means less cargo room and less passenger room then your new SUV's that appear to be close in exterior size.

2. The interior of the bronco seems compromised and cheap

Well folks that's because it is. If you have never rode or drove a Jeep Wrangler and for some reason are under the impression that you believe you want a Bronco... you are in for a wake up call.

I beg you - go test drive a wrangler. The general feel, dimensions, and interior quality will be very similar. Cheap plastics? yes. Little body room? yes. Poor audio because the doors come off? Yes.

It gets better though folks! This thing will be much louder than you are used to when you drive it. Especially on the highway. The roof comes off after all.

go test drive a wrangler.

3. The 2 door has almost no room for rear passengers!

Yeah - it has 2 doors. Ford was not going to magically change the space time continuum and bring you space that does not exist.
2 doors are for people with no kids, or for folks who have enough money to afford a 2 door as a toy.

go test drive a wrangler

4. There is little cargo room

This is sort of false - you rarely will carry enough crap for this to matter. Seats fold down on the 2 door and should provide enough space, plus a roof rack..etc. But yeah, again it will hold significantly less shit than your minivan

5. Bonus : The gas mileage will be awful

Absolutely won't do better than 25mpg on the highway - you are buying a off road vehicle

All of these things are what make the Bronco a Bronco. Its all the reasons I love the Wrangler too.
It won't be comfortable, it wont be practical, it wont be quiet and it most certainly wont be luxurious. and that is what makes it great.

Go. Test Drive. A Wrangler.

this was part catharsis but also I genuinely hope I prevent someone from waiting a year for a truck that they will end up hating.
I agree and your probably right on your points, however unless you are a Ford employee who has driven and tested this vehicle its not fair IMO to compare it to Jeep? Ya its the closest comparable but Bronco is a completely new engineering marvel and looks like they have carefully though it out!
Not changing my mind :)

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What if I just want to take the top off and use the drive through at in and out burger? Is bronco right for me?

Bronco's a cheap little thing, there are going to be many compromises. Just a matter of how big those compromises are.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

It went with IFS vs SFA for comfort vice off-roading capability ---while then saying it can't be a larger vehicle since its not about comfort but off-roading.

It's an off-roader so don't expect good MPG --- yet you still can't have a V8, here is a small turbo

It has superior break-over, crawl ratio, and ground clearance but you can't get all that at one and you are compromising transmission, axles, sway bar disco, etc depending on package.

It's not designed to have lots of cargo room ---- yet the old broncos had more as do many of it's closest competitors and at least rear seats are designed to come out in a jeep.

I'm extremely happy overall that Bronco is back. I love the looks of it and they overall hit a home run, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved upon or that Ford didn't miss on a few things.
Well they were clearly targeting the Wrangler so they ignored the untapped market that seems obvious. Now if GM wasn't stupid, they would kill their Blazer abomination and roll out a real Blazer with these types of specs... but GM is stupid and if the Bronco is a success they will then try to copy it and make an uglier version of it thinking that is what people really want.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base

Hit the nail on the head.

Ford did a lot right, but there were a lot of questionable decisions that make no sense.

None of the questions being posed in this thread have any foundation in reality, I mean worrying about fuel economy, ride comfort etc just shows your buying for looks alone and not needs. This is why Ford offers a Bronco sport for the apathetic consumer that won’t mind a 3 cylinder minivan because it has the “right” name.

See Mercedes CLA for further proof that people make highly irrational decisions with the sole purpose of creating an (Shallow) image for themselves.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is your 2021 Bronco.

Don't like this Bronco because it doesn't have a V8? A luxurious enough interior? Your favorite pastel color for the seat belts? A 7th fetzer valve?

Not a problem! Better to just cancel your reservation and save yourself the constant agony you must be feeling by repeatedly posting about what this vehicle isn't.

You can chant for Jimmy all day long but THIS is your 2021 Bronco.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See Mercedes CLA for further proof that people make highly irrational decisions with the sole purpose of creating an (Shallow) image for themselves.
How is a $40k mercedes any different than a $40k bronco?

Somehow a pretend luxury image is more shallow than a pretend outdoorsy image?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The V6 in the F150 gets 25 on the highway (advertised), I see no reason why the Bronco won't be near that.
I have the 2.710 speed F150. At 60mph, going flat and easy, 23. 75 on the highway, going easy, 22 but combined all around driving is a very good 20-21. And if the Bronco doesn’t ride and drive better than the Wrangler by a significant margin, I will be surprised and disappointed. I know it’s not a straight axle off road above all else machine. I want it to be a better all around vehicle than my Jeep. I could not live with it as a daily driver and my wife got tired of the ridiculous seating position and complete lack of comfort (visibility, ride, noise). Just my preference and objective in my choice of trim and options (4 dr, OBX, 2.7 10sp and several options all the way to Lux potentially).

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Okay - I have seen all of these insane comments far to often and really just want people to know what they are getting into or getting their hopes up for, or lack thereof actually.

1. The bronco is too small

Research off roading before you decide you want an off road vehicle. Small is good and yes its small. Its a body on frame SUV which means less cargo room and less passenger room then your new SUV's that appear to be close in exterior size.

2. The interior of the bronco seems compromised and cheap

Well folks that's because it is. If you have never rode or drove a Jeep Wrangler and for some reason are under the impression that you believe you want a Bronco... you are in for a wake up call.

I beg you - go test drive a wrangler. The general feel, dimensions, and interior quality will be very similar. Cheap plastics? yes. Little body room? yes. Poor audio because the doors come off? Yes.

It gets better though folks! This thing will be much louder than you are used to when you drive it. Especially on the highway. The roof comes off after all.

go test drive a wrangler.

3. The 2 door has almost no room for rear passengers!

Yeah - it has 2 doors. Ford was not going to magically change the space time continuum and bring you space that does not exist.
2 doors are for people with no kids, or for folks who have enough money to afford a 2 door as a toy.

go test drive a wrangler

4. There is little cargo room

This is sort of false - you rarely will carry enough crap for this to matter. Seats fold down on the 2 door and should provide enough space, plus a roof rack..etc. But yeah, again it will hold significantly less shit than your minivan

5. Bonus : The gas mileage will be awful

Absolutely won't do better than 25mpg on the highway - you are buying a off road vehicle

All of these things are what make the Bronco a Bronco. Its all the reasons I love the Wrangler too.
It won't be comfortable, it wont be practical, it wont be quiet and it most certainly wont be luxurious. and that is what makes it great.

Go. Test Drive. A Wrangler.

this was part catharsis but also I genuinely hope I prevent someone from waiting a year for a truck that they will end up hating.
Thank You!
I think a lot of people are not being realistic with their expectations and thought process.
i read most threads and think 75% of the posters would be happier long term in the Explorer.
Give me the 4X4 Roof Off Capability. I want it to be tough, loud, silly funny giggle inducing madness.
First song driving off the lot...”Cum on feel the Noize!” Quiet Riot
Sponsored