Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 91’ Bronco rode fine, was comfortable, got 16mpg, much better vehicle in all but the most extreme off road situations vs. a comparable Jeep of the day. Also had plenty of space btw. Here is to hoping it maintains that superiority ?
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
How is a $40k mercedes any different than a $40k bronco?

Somehow a pretend luxury image is more shallow than a pretend outdoorsy image?
They’re both shallow but it’s a hell of a lot more shallow to buy a car only due to its badge. The CLA will never be a luxury car by any metric.
The Real Bronco will still be an off-road vehicle regardless of how one uses it.

In 10 years there will still be a proud Bronco owner.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What if I just want to take the top off and use the drive through at in and out burger? Is bronco right for me?

Bronco's a cheap little thing, there are going to be many compromises. Just a matter of how big those compromises are.
Yes the Bronco will be perfect for that.
If you like “Animal Style” I recommend the Black Diamond or Badlands depending on your budget.

rubikiller

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i don't know about this assessment of what the bronco will be. i think a lot of people, myself included, like what jeep has to offer in terms of offroading and open roof, but are hoping for a much nicer version of that in the bronco. there's literally no information that would suggest it will be any of those things you presented. i owned a 96 bronco, yes was a full sized truck, but also no comparison to a jeep esp of that era. i have a 2017 f150 with the 2.7, that's a first class motor and moves my full sized pick up quicker than most SUV's and pick ups on the road. i believe, as do most people i talk to about it, that it will be much nicer than a jeep. if it's not, i won't buy it. i award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul (lol).

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it could be a valid choice. Both are capable of off-roading, clearly the Bronco is more focused but with the right tires an F250 can do 80%+ of what a Bronco can do. Only the F250 actually offers a badarse 7.3L engine which is reason enough to make it into a daily driver.
F250s are cool and yes they can be considered off road but there are different degrees of off road if and sorry the F250 doesn’t belong on the Jeep or Bronco off road category

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the HOSS suspension I believe it will ride amazing, if noise is an issue there is a sound barrier for the molded hard tops. And I think gas mileage will be way better than people think, I mean it has two turbos.

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm fully accepting of the type of vehicle the bronco is. I just wished the Base 2 door came with the even more minimal washable floors and vinyl.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm starting to think this vehicle has fallen victim to the scourge of the auto industry today. Its becoming a product of "committee thinking". If Ford had just built their version of a wrangler I'd be cool w/that...but it seems like when we point out where wrangler is better they tell us "go buy a wrangler then" and if we point out where its got all of wrangler's expected shortcomings, we are told...it's supposed to be like that cause thats how wrangler is. Was the point of this to make a crappier wrangler? Yet we have people that want diesels and hybrids and multi turbos and make it a hovercraft and make it a 3/4 ton truck, but the lincoln version...geez louise! This project never really had a chance?

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
25mpg??? Sign me up for that!!

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you want a nice/luxury offroader you are free to spend the money on the Lexus GX460 or the LX570/Toyota Land Cruiser.

This is a vehicle made by a non luxury brand targeting a non luxury opponent.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
100% spot on. A Bronco is not a luxury vehicle. It is not a comfortable crossover. It is a purpose built off-road capable "truck". It is much closer to ride and noise to an 80's 4x4 truck than it is to a new Lexus or even Explorer. Comparing it to a Wrangler is as close as you can get without having a Bronco to drive.
Problem is - that's not what some people want. Mainly they only want the rugged off-road appearance, but not the reality that brings. So there will be luxury and ride related complaints. And mark my words, a lot of noise and leakage complaints, due to the hardtop and soft top fitment. The "I paid 50k for a vehicle and I expect no wind noise from this soft top ..." type of complaints. Wrangler gets that and so will Bronco, especially since Bronco will have more hardtop elements. Ford will have a nightmare with that, entire threads will be dedicated to some leak in the hardtop, book it, lol.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
if you want a nice/luxury offroader you are free to spend the money on the Lexus GX460 or the LX570/Toyota Land Cruiser.

This is a vehicle made by a non luxury brand targeting a non luxury opponent.

Well, the price for a loaded one is expected to approach luxury off-road price, so a level of quality features should be expected. If we were talking about a 30k vice 55k rig then I would agree with you. But let's not kid ourselves into thinking the bronco is some kind of poor man's utilitarian off-road vehicle. It's an expensive machine.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
25mpg on the highway. You are a dreamer.

I'd have said won't do better than 21mpg highway.

I averaged 26mpg in my 2.7 F150. Not
25mpg on the highway. You are a dreamer.

I'd have said won't do better than 21mpg highway.

I averaged 26mpg highway in my 2.7 F-150 4x4. And that was with the 6 speed transmission. No reason the Bronco shouldn't. Of course the Sasquatch package will affect that I'm sure.
Sponsored