GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m wondering where all the awe and wonder of the Bronco has gone in this forum. People complaining about rear air vents, fold-flat but not level with cargo area seat debacle, navy-pier seats, MIC grey instead of black tops, the list goes on.
Some of those complaints seem pretty legit like that hideous MIC grey hard top.
Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well. . . This has been a fun read. My two cents;
I had a ‘14 Wrangler JKU, not bad, fun to drive, but, the roof leaked like crazy, and it was actually pretty lousy on the highway at speeds. However; loved driving it in the summer with the doors and top off.

Up until a very short time ago, there was NO Competition for the Wrangler.

I sold my ‘18 RAM 2500 Big Horn Megacab, had tons of room in the back seat, the whole time I owned it I Never had anyone sitting in the back seat, for trips and family outings we used my wife’s Limited Edition RAM 2500.
The Bronco fills a niche. Period. It’s not ever going to meet everyones needs. I also only got about 13mpg in my RAM.
I have grandchildren and I fully plan on putting a car seat in the back, based on the videos I saw today from Super Cel, I don’t think that will be a problem. Now, the funniest part is that 98% of the people that buy a Bronco (same as Wrangler Buyers) will Never use the full capabilities, but, who cares? Because I also know that most of the people that buy a new corvette will probably never take it on a track. We want the illusion. And because America, we can have it.

Cheers to all you fellow Future Bronco owners. See you at the nearest OffRodeo ?

link to photos/video from Super Cel For reference
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...deos-from-bronco-super-celebration-west.5007/

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, that should kill about 20k reservations.

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Okay - I have seen all of these insane comments far to often and really just want people to know what they are getting into or getting their hopes up for, or lack thereof actually.

1. The bronco is too small

Research off roading before you decide you want an off road vehicle. Small is good and yes its small. Its a body on frame SUV which means less cargo room and less passenger room then your new SUV's that appear to be close in exterior size.

2. The interior of the bronco seems compromised and cheap

Well folks that's because it is. If you have never rode or drove a Jeep Wrangler and for some reason are under the impression that you believe you want a Bronco... you are in for a wake up call.

I beg you - go test drive a wrangler. The general feel, dimensions, and interior quality will be very similar. Cheap plastics? yes. Little body room? yes. Poor audio because the doors come off? Yes.

It gets better though folks! This thing will be much louder than you are used to when you drive it. Especially on the highway. The roof comes off after all.

go test drive a wrangler.

3. The 2 door has almost no room for rear passengers!

Yeah - it has 2 doors. Ford was not going to magically change the space time continuum and bring you space that does not exist.
2 doors are for people with no kids, or for folks who have enough money to afford a 2 door as a toy.

go test drive a wrangler

4. There is little cargo room

This is sort of false - you rarely will carry enough crap for this to matter. Seats fold down on the 2 door and should provide enough space, plus a roof rack..etc. But yeah, again it will hold significantly less shit than your minivan

5. Bonus : The gas mileage will be awful

Absolutely won't do better than 25mpg on the highway - you are buying a off road vehicle

All of these things are what make the Bronco a Bronco. Its all the reasons I love the Wrangler too.
It won't be comfortable, it wont be practical, it wont be quiet and it most certainly wont be luxurious. and that is what makes it great.

Go. Test Drive. A Wrangler.

this was part catharsis but also I genuinely hope I prevent someone from waiting a year for a truck that they will end up hating.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would add the complaints about the lack of rear a/c vents. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the subject of gas mileage, I have the 3.5 Ecoboost in my 2015 F-150.
With these Ecoboost motors you can have "Eco" or "Boost", just not at the same time. ;)

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think many are scared away from LandRover by the potential unreliability and cost. I agree with you though. If you are truly comparing Bronco capabilities to other makers your closest competitors are probably LandRover Defender and 4 Runner, especially when talking 4 door. Yet all everyone wants to scream about is Jeep, Jeep, Jeep. It's pretty humorous actually.
Tell me, when was the last time you saw someone take the roof off a Defender or a 4 Runner? It should be glaringly obvious why it's closest competitor is the Wrangler.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford did create the Bronco Sport for those who want a bit more comfort with a slight SUV design. No rant is needed in my opinion.

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Opposite opinion

I guess I just don't understand the mindset of "..It won't be comfortable, it wont be practical, it wont be quiet and it most certainly wont be luxurious. and that is what makes it great.."

How does that make it great? These are all obviously/generally good qualities in anything really. Why wouldn't you want it to be an amazing off road machine that's comfortable and practical? It's a brand new 2021 $50k+ vehicle made by one of the biggest car manufacturers ever. You'd think we were a little past the needing to compromise to the extremes one way or the other. I feel like this 2021 Bronco should be more comfortable/modern than my truck that's 13 years old (and it's pretty comfortable).

Also, I feel like a lot of that mindset mentioned above was in response to people's concerns/complaints after seeing the recent (within the last week) pictures from 1 heavily tested pre-production Bronco & then another pre-production Bronco. If you go back and look at Ford's promo videos of the Bronco (CG renders or concept) the interior looks nice and modern and all that. I saw a couple comments recently saying "Ford isn't trying to market this as a luxury vehicle. It's a utility off roader" however I think based on those initial renderings/images/videos from Ford, the Bronco isn't marketed as a utility vehicle either. A lot of us who maybe never owned a Jeep Wrangler or want the Bronco for a daily driver, saw everything about the Bronco from release day and jumped on it. Unless Ford has never marketed a vehicle before and doesn't know what they're doing (of course they do), I'd say our initial impression where we saw/imagined nice fit and finish, was intentional and will be how the production Broncos are. The reason this new Bronco blew up in popularity is because it wasn't just marketed at rock crawlers. Forget the leaked pics of TEST vehicles and go back and look at all Ford's official released promo stuff.

So yeah a lot of people on here that had to walk uphill both ways to school seem to want their 1989 Bronco back with the same ride, noise and 0 modern comfort. It obviously won't be a 2020 Range Rover or Cadillac but why couldn't it be just as comfortable/modern as the Ranger or F-150? How does that take away from mechanical capability?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Opposite opinion

I guess I just don't understand the mindset of "..It won't be comfortable, it wont be practical, it wont be quiet and it most certainly wont be luxurious. and that is what makes it great.."

How does that make it great? These are all obviously/generally good qualities in anything really. Why wouldn't you want it to be an amazing off road machine that's comfortable and practical? It's a brand new 2021 $50k+ vehicle made by one of the biggest car manufacturers ever. You'd think we were a little past the needing to compromise to the extremes one way or the other. I feel like this 2021 Bronco should be more comfortable/modern than my truck that's 13 years old (and it's pretty comfortable).

Also, I feel like a lot of that mindset mentioned above was in response to people's concerns/complaints after seeing the recent (within the last week) pictures from 1 heavily tested pre-production Bronco & then another pre-production Bronco. If you go back and look at Ford's promo videos of the Bronco (CG renders or concept) the interior looks nice and modern and all that. I saw a couple comments recently saying "Ford isn't trying to market this as a luxury vehicle. It's a utility off roader" however I think based on those initial renderings/images/videos from Ford, the Bronco isn't marketed as a utility vehicle either. A lot of us who maybe never owned a Jeep Wrangler or want the Bronco for a daily driver, saw everything about the Bronco from release day and jumped on it. Unless Ford has never marketed a vehicle before and doesn't know what they're doing (of course they do), I'd say our initial impression where we saw/imagined nice fit and finish, was intentional and will be how the production Broncos are. The reason this new Bronco blew up in popularity is because it wasn't just marketed at rock crawlers. Forget the leaked pics of TEST vehicles and go back and look at all Ford's official released promo stuff.

So yeah a lot of people on here that had to walk uphill both ways to school seem to want their 1989 Bronco back with the same ride, noise and 0 modern comfort. It obviously won't be a 2020 Range Rover or Cadillac but why couldn't it be just as comfortable/modern as the Ranger or F-150? How does that take away from mechanical capability?
A vehicle is only as good as its cheapest iteration which means by all accounts the Bronco is a $28,500 vehicle that customers can add $30k of factory optioned frivolities to. (Not to say all are frivolities but let’s be honest base+Sas is truly all you need to have the ultimate Bronco)

This is an open top truck, start adding sound deadening/ temperature control to it and it gets heavy fast.

It’s going to ride great for a truck based SUV since the suspension is designed For high speed off-road travel rather that towing.

The problem is that the same morons that complain about a Wranglers ride quality while using a 2006 Toyota Avalon as their frame of reference for good/bad ride quality are going to be the same people that have issues with the Bronco ride quality.

Thats the extent of these issues, people are using vehicles from totally different categories to crucify the Bronco/Wrangler etc for ride/fuel economy/ luxury - totally irrelevant metrics for a vehicle that was designed to maximize off-road capabilities.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Opposite opinion

Since most people that buy off road vehicles never take them off road, they expect a certain amount of comfort and convenience. Ford surely considered that fact and responded with Outer Banks and Lux package.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since most people that buy off road vehicles never take them off road, they expect a certain amount of comfort and convenience. Ford surely considered that fact and responded with Outer Banks and Lux package.
Ironically the trucks with 33” KO2s on 17” rims are going to ride a LOT better than the stock Outer Banks trucks with 18” rims and LT tires.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A vehicle is only as good as its cheapest iteration which means by all accounts the Bronco is a $28,500 vehicle that customers can add $30k of factory optioned frivolities to. (Not to say all are frivolities but let’s be honest base+Sas is truly all you need to have the ultimate Bronco)

This is an open top truck, start adding sound deadening/ temperature control to it and it gets heavy fast.

It’s going to ride great for a truck based SUV since the suspension is designed For high speed off-road travel rather that towing.
This is much like an F-150. You can start with an XL, but many will option up to the Limited at about $80k and have completely different expectations than the XL customer.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ironically the trucks with 33” KO2s on 17” rims are going to ride a LOT better than the stock Outer Banks trucks with 18” rims and LT tires.
My Raptor with K02's rode decent but a bit stiff. I would expect an LT tire to be a bit softer on street.
Sponsored