Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I know there have been a lot of threads just like this one where people give their first impressions after seeing the Bronco for the first time, but my experience is likely very different than a lot of others. I got to see quite a bit and I have A LOT of thoughts. I will try and share them as organized as I can, and hopefully they will be helpful to others, so here goes:

First off, for reasons, I am not going to publicly share details of how or why I got to see the new Bronco(s). I also have a small number of pics (that are admittedly not good since I took them in a rush of excitement). If you're curious about any of the above, feel free to slide in my DMs.

4 Door/Sasquatch:
-It looked great, everything was well proportioned and just looked like it belonged. It did not have a bro-dozer look like some Jeeps on 35s have.
-The wide Squatch flares did not look huge or ridiculous in person like I was afraid they might, again well proportioned.
-In pics it can sometimes seem that the flares stick out much further than the tires, but in person when the Bronco was at a standstill, the edge of the flares and the tires lined up pretty dang evenly.
-The sasquatch wheels look much better in person, but the silver beauty rings have got tah go.
-On that same note the Goodyear Goodyear 35s also look better in person. I hate them in pics and was going to replace ASAP, but now I'm ok with waiting until they wear out.
-Overall yes it was big, but it wasn't like walking up to a monster truck like some make it seem.

33s vs 35s:
-After first seeing only the 35s I started to tell myself that the 33s would be too small. Wrong. I then found a BL on 33s, and it also looked really really good.
-The people that say they can't visually see much of difference between a standard BL and Squatch are crazy. There is absolutely a 110% noticeable difference between the two, even at a distance. That said they both look extremely good in their own right.
-The Squatch tires and flares kind of have a dependent relationship with each other. In order to fit the 315s, you need the wider flares. Because those flares make the Bronco so much visually wider, it in turn needs the extra tire. A standard BL doesn't have that problem, so the 285s look really good as well.
-Also while the wide Squatch flares look good, I do think the standard flares help give the Bronco a cleaner look.
-If I had the budget for a BL with the optional wheels, I would choose that and not even give Squatch a second thought. So BL peeps that are on the fence about Squatch, take that for what it's worth.

2 door vs 4 door:
-2 doors also looked really good and proportional in person. Not short and stubby like they can seem in pics.
-I was originally part of the 2 door brigade, but eventually switched my order to 4 door for practicality purposes, and the fact that I prefer the top off look on the 4 door.
-When I originally switched my order I was worried I was going to see a 2 door eventually and regret my decision. Not anymore, the 2 door didn't amaze me so much that I felt tempted to change my order back. They both looked really good, to each his/her own.

Misc. Tidbits:
-You cannot go wrong with any color on the Bronco. They all looked good. Even Cyber Orange, which I dislike, looks good on the Bronco.
-I hated the fastback soft-top in pictures. After seeing it in person, I still hate it...
-I also really want a soft top to have when the weather is actually decent here in Texas. I'm worried that the reason an OEM soft top doesn't exist for the 2 door, is because the roll cage design possibly doesn't give enough room for a traditional soft top that folds all the way down. Another strike against the 2 door that caused me to switch.
-The MIC tops and the flares looked to be the exact same color to me. If the MIC top looks lighter in pictures, its just because it's higher and the vertical surface allows it to reflect more sun/light.
-My favorite wheel has always been the optional BL wheel, and that continues after seeing them in person. They looked great.
-I was not able to get inside the Bronco, so no interior or tall guy fit impressions.

I think I covered just about everything that I saw and/or noticed, but if there's anything else ask away and I'll answer if I can.

Personally I have been trying to solidify my order and I hoped seeing them in person would make it easier, but instead I think it made it harder. I've been trying to decide between a Squatch BB thats 97% of the way I want, or saving some money with a stock BD and building it up. However once I add wheels, 285/75s(Even though the 285/70s looked great I want something just a bit bigger), some BL Bilstein takeoffs and at least some LED taillights I'm probably going to be at the Squatch price anyways...And then take into account Squatch would be warrantied, so idk lol.

Bronco diarrhea of the mouth over.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Literally exactly the same views as pretty much alll the people. Lol

Ford Bronco A stream of consciousness after finally getting to see the Bronco(s) in person the-office

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the feedback!!

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Appreciate the review. Can't wait to see one. Especially one in my driveway.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-If I had the budget for a BL with the optional wheels, I would choose that and not even give Squatch a second thought. So BL peeps that are on the fence about Squatch, take that for what it's worth.
Thank you. Of all the in person “reports” yours actually helps me the most.

I have 285/75s on my Jeep, and really feel they are a great sweet spot on size. I currently have a BL with the optional wheels ordered, and have been excited, but every new “gOt To Go SqUaTcH” report has made me start to second guess my order.

It sounds like you and I have similar aesthetic preferences, and your comment about sticking with 33s on the BL and the squatch not being worth it seals the deal.

Thank you.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for your excellent summary!
I was happy to read about your view on the BL with 33s. My BL will be built with optional BL wheels and 33s as an overland rig. Although the 4-door would be the preferred size, I have opted for the 2-door. That decision was built on my preference for pulling an Overkill TK47. The camper is purposely built for 33” tires. Together I hope they will appear balanced. I guess we all have reasons for our personal preferences.

Ford Bronco A stream of consciousness after finally getting to see the Bronco(s) in person Overkill TK47

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was happy to read about your view on the BL with 33s. My BL will be built with optional BL wheels and 33s as an overland rig. Although the 4-door would be the preferred size, I have opted for the 2-door. That decision was built on my preference for pulling an Overkill TK47. The camper is purposely built for 33” tires. Together I hope they will appear balanced. I guess we all have reasons for our personal preferences.

Ford Bronco A stream of consciousness after finally getting to see the Bronco(s) in person Overkill TK47
Not only will it appear balanced, but I’m assuming your planned setup will allow for all spares to be used on either the Bronco or the trailer?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That’s a beautiful camper....

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the look of the 2 door fastback soft top in pics. Am I the only one? 🤣😂. I do like the functionality of the stock 4-door soft top folding all the way down. I too thought about going 4-door for this reason, but I'm holding out hope for some cool aftermarket top options.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not only will it appear balanced, but I’m assuming your planned setup will allow for all spares to be used on either the Bronco or the trailer?
Yes, I can specify the exact same tires, BFG KO2s. If I can order three of the same BL optional wheels, they will be drop shipped to Oregon. After visiting a local Ford dealer with a Carbonized Gray Explorer on the lot, I was able to select a matching 3M color wrap. My hope is for a balanced aesthetic as well as a balanced off-road camper which can go where ever my Bronco goes. I like the functionality of a square drop camper.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s a beautiful camper....
Another interesting aspect of the TK47, is it’s ability to function as a base camp. During those times, I can lock the front roof panels and both doors inside while touring around a giving location. It will work better than a roof top tent for me and my dog,
Sponsored