Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Literally exactly the same views as pretty much alll the people. Lol
Never said that my views were unique or different than others, just my experience and the way I was able to formulate my views. I was able to experience Bronco for the first time in a way that few others here have. So I made this thread for people like me who still haven’t been able to see the Bronco in person, who may still be undecided on some things, and are trying to make as much of an informed decision as they can on what they order. And I think I was able to do that.
Ford Bronco A stream of consciousness after finally getting to see the Bronco(s) in person 1621174256941

P.S. -Assuming your profile pic is what you ordered, I was also able to see your exact build too. It looked awesome and you’re gonna love it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
codydb19

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you. Of all the in person “reports” yours actually helps me the most.

I have 285/75s on my Jeep, and really feel they are a great sweet spot on size. I currently have a BL with the optional wheels ordered, and have been excited, but every new “gOt To Go SqUaTcH” report has made me start to second guess my order.

It sounds like you and I have similar aesthetic preferences, and your comment about sticking with 33s on the BL and the squatch not being worth it seals the deal.
For sure. Another thing that I meant to mention was that I went into this expecting not to like the 33s. Every time I see them on a Rubicon they do look too small. However the Bronco wears them much better than a Rubicon.

But yeah I think the 33s and the standard flares really give the Bronco a sleek, cool, under-stated but yet slightly aggressive look, if that makes sense. Putting some 285/75s on there would make it look even better IMO.

Thank you for your excellent summary!
I was happy to read about your view on the BL with 33s. My BL will be built with optional BL wheels and 33s as an overland rig. Although the 4-door would be the preferred size, I have opted for the 2-door. That decision was built on my preference for pulling an Overkill TK47. The camper is purposely built for 33” tires. Together I hope they will appear balanced. I guess we all have reasons for our personal preferences.
I was also able to get a glimpse of a 2dr on the optional wheels, but the back half was obstructed so couldn't get a full view impression. However as good as the 33s looked on the 4dr I'm sure they are going to look just as good, if not better on the 2dr. I think you're gonna have an awesome set up there Buzz!

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@codydb19 I like your use of the word under-stated. In many ways the word captures my approach to building my Bronco. Unlike many here on the forum, I have not yet seen the Bronco, so I need to create the build in my minds eye. For my point of reference, I have two buddies who each own a Gladiator. One rides on 33s and one on 37s. I suspect most would say the one on 33s looks like it needs larger tires. They might also say if you can fit on 37s, go for it. For me, the answer might be somewhere in the middle as a relationship of the tires to the wheelbase and body size.

All of this is so based on personal preferences and perhaps there is no right or wrong answer. I do love the overall design of the Bronco and when someone looks at my build, I hope they will see a balanced creation. Their eye would not be drawn to just the tire size, wheel design or body color. They would understand the Bronco as a purpose-built vehicle where all the individual components work in harmony. I know I am very much in the minority with this approach, but I can live with that.

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the bragging about the special access as the reasoning for posting another one of these threads, I thought there was going to be at least one thing that hasn’t been covered. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the bragging about the special access as the reasoning for posting another one of these threads, I thought there was going to be at least one thing that hasn’t been covered. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I don't think he had special access. He didn't even get to sit in it. At the dealership events, they've been letting people crawl all over them.

OP
OP
codydb19

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For my point of reference, I have two buddies who each own a Gladiator. One rides on 33s and one on 37s. I suspect most would say the one on 33s looks like it needs larger tires. They might also say if you can fit on 37s, go for it. For me, the answer might be somewhere in the middle as a relationship of the tires to the wheelbase and body size.

All of this is so based on personal preferences and perhaps there is no right or wrong answer. I do love the overall design of the Bronco and when someone looks at my build, I hope they will see a balanced creation. Their eye would not be drawn to just the tire size, wheel design or body color. They would understand the Bronco as a purpose-built vehicle where all the individual components work in harmony. I know I am very much in the minority with this approach, but I can live with that.
Exactly. I also happened to see a Gladiator with some 37s yesterday, and while it looked awesome I immediately knew that it wasn't for me. I am very much a "speak softly, and carry a big stick" person. (It's also the reason I currently have Cactus Grey on my order even though I really like Velocity Blue, but we'll see if I can talk myself into it lol.)

But yes I am now truly confident that the Bronco will allow everyone to have their personal preference, from the Base all the way up to FE, and have an awesome looking rig. I'm not sure I can say the same about other vehicles in this segment.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
but if there's anything else ask away and I'll answer if I can.
Ok, so can you get your man on the inside to let me in on a private viewing also???
Oh, by the way, nice write up thanks!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The paint is just as thin as on the ranger. It's kinda shitty and will chip/flake/fall off. Ford just isn't doing a good job, but whatever. Can't really change that.
I've had my ranger for a year with 33's and zero offset wheels kicking shit at it the whole time....my doors are fine... The front doesn't have a chip on it.. lol I spend a lot of time on the highway and going up mountain fire roads. I guess we'll see how the bronco fairs. My mustang tho, a 2019 had shit shadow black paint the would chip and swirl if you even looked at it like you wanted to touch it..... Those modular tops are going to be a nightmare to keep looking decent lol

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another interesting aspect of the TK47, is it’s ability to function as a base camp. During those times, I can lock the front roof panels and both doors inside while touring around a giving location. It will work better than a roof top tent for me and my dog,
Yes. I laughed at your post. *** Imagines dog climbing up stairs to go to bed in roof top tent, and if successful, face plant on the way down ***... :D ...

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. Of all the in person “reports” yours actually helps me the most.

I have 285/75s on my Jeep, and really feel they are a great sweet spot on size. I currently have a BL with the optional wheels ordered, and have been excited, but every new “gOt To Go SqUaTcH” report has made me start to second guess my order.

It sounds like you and I have similar aesthetic preferences, and your comment about sticking with 33s on the BL and the squatch not being worth it seals the deal.

Thank you.
This is where I am torn ... I want to like the optional Badlands wheels but I know I want to run +35 or +30 wheels eventually with at least a 285/75r17 but after much reading on the 35/37 thread I just think the Sasquatch will be a set it and forget it option. Thus allowing me to run a 35x11.50 or 315/70 without modification all while having that factory look.

BUT there is always Bora spacers and Eibach or similar springs to allow for that 285/75r17, right? Right?? 👀👀

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is where I am torn ... I want to like the optional Badlands wheels but I know I want to run +35 or +30 wheels eventually with at least a 285/75r17 but after much reading on the 35/37 thread I just think the Sasquatch will be a set it and forget it option. Thus allowing me to run a 35x11.50 or 315/70 without modification all while having that factory look.

BUT there is always Bora spacers and Eibach or similar springs to allow for that 285/75r17, right? Right?? 👀👀
I like a skinny tire for a number of reasons, and 285 is about as wide as I want to go. As a result, optional BL wheels (with +55 offset) is what I’m going with.

If I intended to go with a wider tire 315… whether it was a 35” or not, I would just Sas. That gives you the correct offset and width, and fenders.

I crunched some numbers before and starting with the regular wheels and later upgrading and trying to sell trade offs was hypothetically more expensive (based on what I’ve experienced with Jeeps).

And also, the sas wheels are basically just a gray trim ring away from being the optional BL wheel (aesthetically).

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like a skinny tire for a number of reasons, and 285 is about as wide as I want to go. As a result, optional BL wheels (with +55 offset) is what I’m going with.

If I intended to go with a wider tire 315… whether it was a 35” or not, I would just Sas. That gives you the correct offset and width, and fenders.

I crunched some numbers before and starting with the regular wheels and later upgrading and trying to sell trade offs was hypothetically more expensive (based on what I’ve experienced with Jeeps).

And also, the sas wheels are basically just a gray trim ring away from being the optional BL wheel (aesthetically).
Truthfully my only qualm with the 315's is how they would do in the snow. Living in a climate that gets quite a bit of snow has me wanting the 285 K02's over the Goodyears or 12.5" tire in general.

After reading Raptor owners have removed the beauty ring and had them painted all while still driving their trucks in the meantime had me sold.

My limited knowledge but decent concept of mathematics has lead me to believe that IF I go optional wheels or aftermarket on a non-sasquatch and go with 285/75r17's then I would potentially have a similar final drive ratio to that of the 4.27 that comes in other trims when you figure in the size difference between a 70 and 75 tire. Thus lowering the RPM at 70mph, not by much but still lowering the RPM at cruising speed.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truthfully my only qualm with the 315's is how they would do in the snow. Living in a climate that gets quite a bit of snow has me wanting the 285 K02's over the Goodyears or 12.5" tire in general.

After reading Raptor owners have removed the beauty ring and had them painted all while still driving their trucks in the meantime had me sold.

My limited knowledge but decent concept of mathematics has lead me to believe that IF I go optional wheels or aftermarket on a non-sasquatch and go with 285/75r17's then I would potentially have a similar final drive ratio to that of the 4.27 that comes in other trims when you figure in the size difference between a 70 and 75 tire. Thus lowering the RPM at 70mph, not by much but still lowering the RPM at cruising speed.
Yeah. That’s a great point. I have no use for a M/T tire up here in the North East.

As far as final drive ratios… don’t sweat it too much as long as you’re in the same general region.… those differences in RPMs are so small you likely wouldn’t be able to tell a difference between the two.

Going between extremes will be noticeable, but still drivable. I did that on my Jeep and drove around for a while until I finally had enough and saved my money to change the gears.
Sponsored