Sponsored

A Theory on No X-Plan & Other Announcements.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gained access to X-Plan after learning about it to give me more of a chance to get a fair deal on a couple of vehicles. I tend to look for exactly what I want or order. I’ve never just gone down and bought something off the lot because it was there. When Ford canceled Bronco X-Plan I was rather ticked. Then I thought about the big picture.

Several people have been grouping together to do group buys and some dealers (a few) have been putting good deals out. Sure Ford canceled X-Plan for the Bronco, but then extended the timeline to switch dealers, confirmed your reservation place in line does not change with switching dealers, and will get the Build and Price out in plenty of time to figure out exactly what a buyer wants. What’s the big picture? It seems to me Ford said no discount from Ford and gave buyers more power when working with dealers at the same time.

We now have a few months to pick our Bronco’s exactly the way we want them and then shop that specific vehicle around to dealers to see who will give an individual buyer the best deal. We as buyers just need to do the work.

It seems to me that canceling X-Plan for the Bronco put order back in the world.
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wild thoughts suggest that these dealers reserved a ton of Broncos for their lot and were worried that X-plan pricing was going to make them lose in the long run. Now, no X-plan and the dealers can ADM their way out of ANY penalty Ford is imposing to prevent screwing over the consumer. You walk and the next guy can't use X-plan either. No win situation because we are locked into the dealer once we place the order. We can't go down the road and buy a vehicle that's pre-order only.

If Ford is not strong enough to stand up to shady dealers high pressure, what makes you think it'll work out just fine for the rest of us who have NO option to shop around once the order is converted?

Also:
Limited implies that they CAN make more vehicles, but CHOOSE not to make more vehicles. The FE are LIMITED to 7500 total. That is a 'limited' vehicle.

DO ALL 2021 BRONCOS BECOME 'FEs' BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL LIMITED?

They make Rangers on the same line as the Bronco. Are all those new 2021 Rangers 'limited' too? They CHOSE to limit the production numbers, or they SOLD OUT their production run of the 2021 Bronco. Neither of those makes the Bronco 'limited' because they are producing as many as they can. Corporate double speak at it's finest.

OP
OP
IfIHMadeA2021Scout

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already had that headache, do not want again

How many hoops and let downs are there?
Buying a car should be a positive experience
I learned long ago to be willing to walk away. Since then all my buying experiences have been good.

Considering we can create a build and there is only one buyer for that specific vehicle the process should be easy without even needing to visit a dealer. Use e-mail. Hey dealer, this is my Bronco. I'm shopping around. What's your deal? Put it in writing.

Pick one.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the new CEO has decided the path is now downhill to a local minima instead of the global peak

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I gained access to X-Plan after learning about it to give me more of a chance to get a fair deal on a couple of vehicles. I tend to look for exactly what I want or order. I’ve never just gone down and bought something off the lot because it was there. When Ford canceled Bronco X-Plan I was rather ticked. Then I thought about the big picture.

Several people have been grouping together to do group buys and some dealers (a few) have been putting good deals out. Sure Ford canceled X-Plan for the Bronco, but then extended the timeline to switch dealers, confirmed your reservation place in line does not change with switching dealers, and will get the Build and Price out in plenty of time to figure out exactly what a buyer wants. What’s the big picture? It seems to me Ford said no discount from Ford and gave buyers more power when working with dealers at the same time.

We now have a few months to pick our Bronco’s exactly the way we want them and then shop that specific vehicle around to dealers to see who will give an individual buyer the best deal. We as buyers just need to do the work.

It seems to me that canceling X-Plan for the Bronco put order back in the world.
You are celebrating less options. Negotiations outside of X plan was always available. X plan offered savings with no hassle of negotiations. This is not a positive change.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I learned long ago to be willing to walk away. Since then all my buying experiences have been good.

Considering we can create a build and there is only one buyer for that specific vehicle the process should be easy without even needing to visit a dealer. Use e-mail. Hey dealer, this is my Bronco. I'm shopping around. What's your deal? Put it in writing.

Pick one.
I already did all that, don't want to do it again. I'll take it as far as getting a price on ordering before I walk. I can walk, I don't need the Bronco.

But I'm just not buying your spin on this. It's just a big fat turd on the sidewalk. Sure, you can step around it, but it still stinks.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Firstly, I want to say that I understand the frustration that a lot of people have over Ford bringing down the ban-hammer on the X-Plan. I mean, it would really be nice to have no-haggle pricing that takes the negotiation out of the equation at the dealership. It also really helps if you don't completely trust your local dealerships. With that being said, I will tell you that I completely expected Ford to make this move. This should not have been a surprise to you guys. When you have tons of auto enthusiast websites telling everyone under the sun to go to MCA and pick up their $25 membership in order to qualify for X-Plan so you can use it on the Bronco, you can't expect Ford to not nip that in the bud. No, it wasn't hurting FoMoCo's bottom line or base profit margin, but Ford also has to take care of the dealerships who are tasked with marketing and selling this new Bronco. I don't like it and I know you don't either, but that is the reality of things.

If you don't trust your local dealership, why are you doing business with them in the first place? Take your business to someone you can trust. Learn to negotiate for the things you want. An educated car buyer should never, ever pay MSRP or above and should never pay for all those hidden items like laser etching and the rest of the BS dealership stuff. Read over that paperwork like a hawk and if you find something you don't like, tell them, "I'm giving you one chance to remove all the hidden dealer BS and the ridiculously high document fees or I'm walking." Know what the vehicle you want is worth with all the options you want and then plant your feet. It's that simple.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

It is our job to secure our Bronco. I have no problem with their decision. If my dealer doesn't want to play, I'll move to Stephens. As for right now, they are honoring the deal that they agreed to 2 months ago.

The extension to January is there to protect the customer from dealers doing shady stuff at ordering.

The penalties Ford put in place last month for not selling an order to the person that ordered it are there to protect the customer from getting screwed at delivery.

Ford has given us the tools to pay below MSRP, and in some cases, below invoice. You just have to work for it.
Sponsored