North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A ton more but we will drop the base while we are at it to make for more efficient manufacturing
Efficient as in drop the loss leader or Efficient as in take time to build quality in from the beginning?

Yes, that's a rhetorical question, we all know it is more "Efficient" to build 18 flavors with high markup items built-in.

(Management speak code word of the day: "Efficient" = Profit.)

danf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars and trucks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would agree if you were talking about suburban living where you have access to stores nearby, general shopping and off-street parking so you can charge. in residential neighborhoods in say, chicago, most people dont have a garage for a charger and there are not plans to install chargers at the curb. same goes out in rural america where there are virtually zero fast charging stations and it is known that regular home chargers take up to 20h to fully charge a lightning battery. if the use case fits your needs then they are great, I honestly dont think we are anywhere close to being ready as a country to make this transition to 100% EV, I dont think we'll be close enough to reach 50% by 2030 and realisitcally I think once everything is fully sorted out we'll end up seeing about 1/3 ICE, 1/3 EV, and 1/3 alternative fuels. just my .02
Plus we can't go 100% EV until we sort out EV's ability to tow. Currently, range gets killed when towing. Super fast charging and more stations helps, but doesn't really solve the problem.

My two cents on solving the towing problem is putting extra battery capacity in the trailer. But that's hard without standardization across manufacturers.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not if it only plays 45’s! 🫤
I see we are already trying to compare the 8 inch version vs the 12 inch version. Some things will never change! :cool:

Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
‘More’…. Fake promises, false hopes, cancelled models/packages, Farley fantasies, and waiting. The pandemic is no longer an excuse. They continue to fail based solely on their own incompetence and inability to manage their supply chain, manufacturing and marketing. I’ll wager any amount Ford has a new CEO by year’s end. The street is getting tired of big promises and failed execution.
Who on the street? I haven’t seen any analysts nor activist investors clamoring for anything. In any case, it won’t matter. The Ford family has effective control via their Class B stock. And with a current 5% + dividend yield, they’re happy, regardless of how you or I vote our lousy Class A.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Who on the street? I haven’t seen any analysts nor activist investors clamoring for anything. In any case, it won’t matter. The Ford family has effective control via their Class B stock. And with a current 5% + dividend yield, they’re happy, regardless of how you or I vote our lousy Class A.
When a CEO can't get a handle on Quality or Production, he needs to go.

Don't believe me, let me introduce you to a little thing called Google.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4580338-ford-strike-3-and-farley-could-be-out

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247wallst.com/autos/2023/02/16/ford-ceo-farley-must-be-fired/amp/

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think more actual colors available might please people more than new and unique trims

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keep begging Ford for a V8 and they're going to resurrect the 255 V8 in 2024 just for you guys.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have a problem with more variety, but they should probably eliminate the Big Bend or Base or combine them into one offering.
Heck for 2 years the Wildtrak offered nothing really over the Base than mid/high/lux package, all 3 could be combined, and make Hoss 3.0 an upgrade on all trims. BL/BD could easily be rolled into one, non-sas edition. Then give the OBX a spacer lift, 20" wheels and retractable steps.... Thus cutting it down to 3 trims + the Braptor. But then you look at the Wranglers and RRs with 13-18 trims and one realizes the amount of trims was never an issue.

Sponsored

Dubya_Tea_Efff

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at a relatively small dealer that said they have over 100 on back order.

I'm pretty sure Ford could give every one of the 2900 dealers 20 Bronco's today to fill back orders and it wouldn't even make dent. Then once those were all sold they could put another 40 in inventory & those would sell by the end of summer.

It's funny, I bought a Honda Odyssey in 2016 and the dealer had over 60 in stock. They printed out the documents, and then decided I wanted to add an entertainment system. They shredded the paperwork, drove the car around back, and pulled another one, same color, with the upgrade right out front.

Keep the tooling the same until things slow down Ford. Everybody saves that way.
I was just talking to a dealer about how I use to be able to go to a lot and see all the packages and the decision making process was so much smoother. Now a lot of dealerships are pretty bare and you have to order what you want because they don’t and won’t have it.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about offering stuff you originally promised, Ford? Like that black-painted hard top! Or any hard top for that matter...

DBC Offroad

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor & '21 4Runner TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FORD fix the messed up ones you already made, or still haven't made!

Ford Bronco "A Ton More" Bronco Trims/Variants Coming Says Ford 7408070

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd like to see a full-on luxury model.

kbobber

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg & Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THERE ARE “A TON MORE” FORD BRONCOS ON THE WAY
The Three Newest Trims Are Just The Beginning
by Zac Quinn April 27, 2023, 4:30 pm

2022-Ford-Bronco-Raptor_11.jpg

After the launch of the newest generation of the Ford Bronco, we’ve seen a ton of excitement surrounding the off-road-focused SUV. As sales continue to increase as the company irons out the wrinkles, there’s plenty of reason to get excited. With the arrival of the Everglades and Raptor trims and even the Heritage Edition, we’ve seen a Bronco trim to fit anyone’s lifestyle or plans for the SUV. But it turns out that this is just the beginning.

More Ford Bronco Trims On The Way: Details
“Derivatives are an opportunity, when you have something like a winning product like Bronco, to actually extend into new and different spaces, right, going after different customers. So there’s three examples on the screen here with Everglades, the Raptor and Heritage, all distinctly going after different customers. This is just the start. We have a ton more coming. And on Bronco, we’re never going to let the foot off the throttle pedal. We have a ton of opportunity in different spaces to speak to different customers.,” said Jim Baumbick, Ford’s vice president of product development operations and quality, while speaking at the 2023 Bank of America Global Automotive Summit.

“On Bronco, we’re never going to let the foot off the throttle pedal. We have a ton of opportunities in different spaces to speak to different customers. And I can tell you with perfect certainty if you look at something like a Bronco Raptor customer versus a Heritage customer, they’re very different. And for some customers, it’s a bit of a rustle. They want both. So this is a really incredible opportunity for us to leverage.” Baumbick stated.

Baumbick couldn’t be more right; just based on what we’ve seen, there’s a massive demand for the Ford Bronco, its sales are shooting to overtake that of the Jeep Wrangler, and with the addition of more trims for customers, as time goes on, offering more variants of the rock crawler at various price points, that success will only continue.

With gas prices being as unpredictable as they are, there are bound to be many fans that are conscious about fuel economy. The Jeep Wrangler has its 4xe, which has been successful, so we can see a Ford Bronco hybrid following suit. That said, Baumbick mentioned that customers want a combination between the Heritage and the Raptor, which would be interesting. Perhaps a Raptor with the design queues of the Heritage? Though it’s unclear what we will see reach the market in the future, one thing is sure; this is just the beginning of the different flavors of the Bronco lineup. But before we start counting those chickens before they hatch, hopefully Ford can sort out its Bronco production kinks, and bring back the Everglades.

You can read the full transcript of the 2023 BoA Global Automotive Summit event here.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/there-are-a-ton-more-ford-broncos-on-the-way/
THERE ARE “A TON MORE” FORD BRONCOS ON THE WAY
The Three Newest Trims Are Just The Beginning
by Zac Quinn April 27, 2023, 4:30 pm

Ford Bronco "A Ton More" Bronco Trims/Variants Coming Says Ford 2022-Ford-Bronco-Raptor_11

After the launch of the newest generation of the Ford Bronco, we’ve seen a ton of excitement surrounding the off-road-focused SUV. As sales continue to increase as the company irons out the wrinkles, there’s plenty of reason to get excited. With the arrival of the Everglades and Raptor trims and even the Heritage Edition, we’ve seen a Bronco trim to fit anyone’s lifestyle or plans for the SUV. But it turns out that this is just the beginning.

More Ford Bronco Trims On The Way: Details
“Derivatives are an opportunity, when you have something like a winning product like Bronco, to actually extend into new and different spaces, right, going after different customers. So there’s three examples on the screen here with Everglades, the Raptor and Heritage, all distinctly going after different customers. This is just the start. We have a ton more coming. And on Bronco, we’re never going to let the foot off the throttle pedal. We have a ton of opportunity in different spaces to speak to different customers.,” said Jim Baumbick, Ford’s vice president of product development operations and quality, while speaking at the 2023 Bank of America Global Automotive Summit.

“On Bronco, we’re never going to let the foot off the throttle pedal. We have a ton of opportunities in different spaces to speak to different customers. And I can tell you with perfect certainty if you look at something like a Bronco Raptor customer versus a Heritage customer, they’re very different. And for some customers, it’s a bit of a rustle. They want both. So this is a really incredible opportunity for us to leverage.” Baumbick stated.

Baumbick couldn’t be more right; just based on what we’ve seen, there’s a massive demand for the Ford Bronco, its sales are shooting to overtake that of the Jeep Wrangler, and with the addition of more trims for customers, as time goes on, offering more variants of the rock crawler at various price points, that success will only continue.

With gas prices being as unpredictable as they are, there are bound to be many fans that are conscious about fuel economy. The Jeep Wrangler has its 4xe, which has been successful, so we can see a Ford Bronco hybrid following suit. That said, Baumbick mentioned that customers want a combination between the Heritage and the Raptor, which would be interesting. Perhaps a Raptor with the design queues of the Heritage? Though it’s unclear what we will see reach the market in the future, one thing is sure; this is just the beginning of the different flavors of the Bronco lineup. But before we start counting those chickens before they hatch, hopefully Ford can sort out its Bronco production kinks, and bring back the Everglades.

You can read the full transcript of the 2023 BoA Global Automotive Summit event here.

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/there-are-a-ton-more-ford-broncos-on-the-way/
Maybe Ford could move even quicker and make more $$ on Broncos instead of focusing on EV!

1.jpeg
Sponsored