Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Plus we can't go 100% EV until we sort out EV's ability to tow. Currently, range gets killed when towing. Super fast charging and more stations helps, but doesn't really solve the problem.

My two cents on solving the towing problem is putting extra battery capacity in the trailer. But that's hard without standardization across manufacturers.
Adding on to this thread, I own a pure EV (Tesla Model 3) and the Bronco and love both for different reasons. But would I buy a (100%) EV Bronco tomorrow, with current technology--probably not. With bigger and faster charging batteries, and more chargers--stronger case but that is a waaaaays off. What I would consider buying now is a Bronco with the 3.5 PowerBoost hybrid engine, like they have in the F150 and some of the features that go with that engine/battery combo, like ProPower.
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd like to see the Bronco Variant known as dedicated factory. If they want this Bronco as Brand concept to work, a dedicated factory is the only way to go. Then they can variant us to death. It'd almost generate two Bronco sales. 1. A Bronco. 2. The variant that grabs a person's soul, which is different for everyone. Until then, build original orders.

Sponsored

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wife drives a Tesla Model Y Performance so I definitely see the benefit of an EV Bronco. I don't think I'd purchase an EV only Bronco but I'd like a Bronco with short 30-40 mile electric range like the Jeep 4xe. That'd cover most of my daily driving and I'd still have ICE for longer drives.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, for all those "wannabe retro purists" that don't want any computer chips, just let them have their points and distributor caps for a few months. Then, like you with PerTronix Electronic Ignition and me with Mallory Electronic Ignition, they will know why we upgraded to have computer chips in our ignition systems.

In the meantime, they can carry cans of WD-40 with them to dry out their distributor caps for when they drive through a puddle.
I would just like an old Dura Spark!

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ah, but it has a chip in it, Ford 1973, I'm seeing a trend here.

Guess the purists will have to buy pre 1972 models.
Yeah, but it was tough as nails, easy to work on, parts were cheap, and available everywhere. Even Walmart had them.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that 99% of people requesting less technology aren't think wooden wheels and a steam engine..... We don't want our Bronco to become a paperweight because of a failed up-date or a wheel sensor, don't need alarms because of a hood-latch or some snow gets blocks a sonar unit. I don't think it's asking too much to lose 80% of the tech, without going back to something found in the Flintstones.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My wife drives a Tesla Model Y Performance so I definitely see the benefit of an EV Bronco. I don't think I'd purchase an EV only Bronco but I'd like a Bronco with short 30-40 mile electric range like the Jeep 4xe. That'd cover most of my daily driving and I'd still have ICE for longer drives.
The problem is this would be 2 seater just to accommodate the weight of battery and additional motor.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think that 99% of people requesting less technology aren't think wooden wheels and a steam engine..... We don't want our Bronco to become a paperweight because of a failed up-date or a wheel sensor, don't need alarms because of a hood-latch or some snow gets blocks a sonar unit. I don't think it's asking too much to lose 80% of the tech, without going back to something found in the Flintstones.
Thank you. Exactly this.

(Though I'm pretty sure @North7 is just being ornery...) 😜

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, but it was tough as nails, easy to work on, parts were cheap, and available everywhere. Even Walmart had them.
Exactly, you proved my point, just because it has chips does not mean it is unreliable.
Sponsored