Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you. Exactly this.

(Though I'm pretty sure @North7 is just being ornery...) 😜
I was simply pointing out the pitfalls of non-electronic systems for those that don't know what happens when you have no chips in your vehicle. Of course the bourdon tube water temp gauges were accurate. ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think that 99% of people requesting less technology aren't think wooden wheels and a steam engine..... We don't want our Bronco to become a paperweight because of a failed up-date or a wheel sensor, don't need alarms because of a hood-latch or some snow gets blocks a sonar unit. I don't think it's asking too much to lose 80% of the tech, without going back to something found in the Flintstones.
Clearly going back to all pre-electronic vehicles does not put you in the stone age, the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's prove my point. I've worked on plenty of pre-electronic ignitions (points, distributor caps, etc.) to know they work, they just require more maintenance and are not as reliable. Pitted points, cracked or wet distributor caps, could stop you in your tracks just as fast as bad electronics can.

Sonar sensors for mandated or desired safety systems are not going away, snow blocking it may be an impediment but some models allow you to disable the sensors such as when driving through a car wash. Wheel speed sensors, again, I'll keep mine, I'm all in for every benefit they contribute to, adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, etc.

I agree modern cars should be more reliable but until car manufacturers get serious about quality, you're going to continue finding new imaginative ways things can fail.

Last edited:

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Come out with different variants but don't mess with the styling of the current Bronco. Nothing looks better to me then the current 2 door with Sasquatch. It's classic. Don't go adding fender vents/indents or hood vents or changing body shape in attempt to make it look updated like most vehicle manufacturers do with new model years.

Like trying to get cute and trickling down Raptor styling. That will totally kill it. I don't hate the Raptor but keep its styling separate. I wouldn't want to see it on the standard classic looking Bronco.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clearly going back to all pre-electronic vehicles does not put you in the stone age, the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's prove my point. I've worked on plenty of pre-electronic ignitions (points, distributor caps, etc.) to know they work, they just require more maintenance and are not as reliable. Pitted points, cracked or wet distributor caps, could stop you in your tracks just as fast as bad electronics can.

Sonar sensors for mandated or desired safety systems are not going away, snow blocking it may be an impediment but some models allow you to disable the sensors such as when driving through a car wash. Wheel speed sensors, again, I'll keep mine, I'm all in for every benefit they contribute to, adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, etc.

I agree modern cars should be more reliable but until car manufacturers get serious about quality, you're going to continue finding new imaginative ways things can fail.
Really, I don't think many (if any), are talking pre-electronic, when suggesting less technology, I'd be thrilled for my Bronco to be similar to my 2004 F150. I have never needed a map on a giant screen, never struggled to maintain my lane, I can keep pace with traffic, etc. Hood latch sensors and wipers that quit when sensing friction is next level stupid. If you have 500 unnecessary safety features, some will certainly fail, no matter how great your quality control is. I have never traded or sold a vehicle (except to family), so I imagine my perspective is far different than those who trade every 3 years.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really, I don't think many (if any), are talking pre-electronic, when suggesting less technology, I'd be thrilled for my Bronco to be similar to my 2004 F150. I have never needed a map on a giant screen, never struggled to maintain my lane, I can keep pace with traffic, etc. Hood latch sensors and wipers that quit when sensing friction is next level stupid. If you have 500 unnecessary safety features, some will certainly fail, no matter how great your quality control is. I have never traded or sold a vehicle (except to family), so I imagine my perspective is far different than those who trade every 3 years.
Funny, my '04 F150 FX4 RCSB was the best new vehicle I've owned to date, and a favorite. Had it nine years without a visit to the dealer for a repair outside one recall item.

My '19 F150 (also a 4X4 RCSB) is sort of a POS in comparison, nowhere near the anvil the '04 was....

Sponsored

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The problem is this would be 2 seater just to accommodate the weight of battery and additional motor.
Why? The Jeep 4xE is 4 door. There's no reason the Bronco couldn't be also.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Weight issue. On some upper trims you can't add the roof rack. How would they squeeze in the extra weight without taking away something else?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Jeep only can go "Up to 21 miles", per their website. If optimum conditions only can get you that, figure 11 or less off-road or in the cold, at that point someone's only buying it for the sake of claiming they went electric.

ELECTRIC MODE
When the battery has more than a 1% charge, it can run in Electric Mode. This allows for nearly zero tailpipe emissions up to highway speeds. The vehicle can run in this mode for up to 21 miles
2023 Jeep® Wrangler 4xe - Electric 4x4 Hybrid SUV Freedom

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Weight issue. On some upper trims you can't add the roof rack. How would they squeeze in the extra weight without taking away something else?
It’s lower!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Jeep only can go "Up to 21 miles", per their website. If optimum conditions only can get you that, figure 11 or less off-road or in the cold, at that point someone's only buying it for the sake of claiming they went electric.

ELECTRIC MODE
When the battery has more than a 1% charge, it can run in Electric Mode. This allows for nearly zero tailpipe emissions up to highway speeds. The vehicle can run in this mode for up to 21 miles
2023 Jeep® Wrangler 4xe - Electric 4x4 Hybrid SUV Freedom
I would estimate that 90% of the driving my wife and I do are round trips of less than 20 miles from our house and back. So a hybrid would be pretty handy…

Sponsored

MJ12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn't agree with more. Before you start building a "ton" on new variants how about fulfilling the orders of the people that have been waiting for 2 years.
Exactly... I personally am still waiting on my "2021" day 7 pre-order..

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have thought about this a few times…and im not so sure that a battery is better then gasoline. For offroad/camping. The only reason is because a lack of power stations in those areas and EV has proven to be inconsistent with remaining miles left on the charge. Have seen cases where up to the trail head it will say 200miles left. And 20min into your uphill offroad climb it shows 60miles left. Um 😐…make it make sense.

Im all for EV. Love the idea of advancements in technology. Im not a grease monkey (were gas is king no matter what lol). Like big cities and suburbs…EV is amazing. Long road trips on highway/real roads…EV does great too. But offroad has proven to be difficult for EV adoption. I feel safer with extra gas and/or a external battery of sorts. Like the ones that Anker makes. Possibly in the future as we grow EV tech. Just my thoughts.
Agree for the most part but not about the long trips. Just finished a long trip from CA to OK and back in my sons 2021 Ford Ranger. Having to stop and charge for several hours a day would have added at least two days to the trip. Also on the way back we were bucking a stiff headwind for hundreds of miles and the mileage really took a hit. The range hit due to the headwind would have added even more charging stops. A hybrid setup like the Jeep 4xe would have worked well but full EV is just not suitable for long trips unless you don't mind how long the trip takes.