Sponsored

A way to get a 22MY with a 21MY reservation???

jmayeux999

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From the very start I knew I would want a MY22. I actually have a somewhat late reservation. I purposely didn't do my reservation until 11/25 hoping I would get a MY22. I did this for two reasons: 1 - I didn't want to deal with all the first year recalls (doing that with my current vehicle) and 2 - there are always newer options (and often times better options) added for the next year that I will end up wanting (dealt with that on my current vehicle). My hope was that by waiting until late November to place my reservation, then ordering several things that were late availability or, as it turns out, in high demand (Wildtrak, Lux Package, Modular Black Painted Top, etc.) it would work out the way I wanted. Time will tell, but I feel like I am pretty safe to get the MY22, which works out perfect with the timing of my lease. My lease ends on 2/1/23. So if I can get my Bronco anytime in 2022, I will have less than a year on my lease. Perfect!
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had seen the September 18th cutoff date. I was just doing the math. If I was around 140,000 and lets say they convert 75% of those to orders. Give or take it puts it around 100,000 units. If first delivery isn't until June/July, wouldn't that make a November/December timeframe more realistic? I made a lot of assumptions that one week out was 140,000 (going off of one dealerships word) and they can produce 10,000 units a month (Not sure if that is true or not). I thought that had seen that somewhere as what to expect.

Reality is I want a 2.7 (high demand) Sasquatch (high demand) and black painted modular roof (late availability). I go back and forth between the Badlands and the Wildtrak (high demand) since I can only get the high package on Outer Banks and above. I thinking MY22 is in the cards for me and I am fine with that.
Be careful using math around here... the Bronco powers that be tend to change everything just as soon as you think you've figured it out, lol. ?

Great usernames in this thread, btw. :)

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Must have missed the statement from a few months back that stated September 18th? I think... was the 2021 MY cutoff date. Not sure how the recent delays affect this or even how late availability option selection will affect this. Theres honestly too much to take into account to give a good estimate. Unless you choose a late availability item I still doubt your July 19th res date will be even close to a MY 22.
That was only for dealer allocation. Not for who gets a MY21 or MY22.

Iā€™d do another reservation personally. If you add a bunch of late availability items with the idea of changing the order last minute and something doesnā€™t go right youā€™re stuck with a bunch of extra expensive crap you donā€™t want.

OP
OP
Captain nSANEo

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across that way. I was just saying that my guess is that you will be getting a MY22 and no reason to get out of line. (It would have been easier to just say that next time.)
Oh no, i didn't think you came across a certain way sorry if I seemed like that. I was just thinking it that it was a lot different answers not that you were wrong or anything.

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What options/changes, if any, has Ford confirmed for MY22? I have this wait for MY22 debate myself quite often but then I continue to watch Ford scramble to barely get out MY21 and I wonder if any substantial changes wonā€™t come until MY23. At that point, Iā€™m not waiting that long.

Sponsored

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This definitely sounds like a way to go. That would be perfect if they allow you to choose a MY 22 at ordering.
Wait! You think this would work?? I mean that would be the best idea if they allowed it??

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a first day reservation and plan on ordering all late availability options - SAS, Badlands Lux, painted top, etc. My opinion - It's worth waiting even if it gets pushed to MY22.
Badlands Lux is late availability?

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should call Ford to reconfirm - but I called and asked this question and they told me to sit on my reservation and then order a MY 22 with it. Then I would get one of the first MY22ā€™s available with the options I select.
I hope that this is correct and we can sit on our reservation and order when the options that we want are available to order (matching color hard top in my case).
Unfortunately past experience tells us that we get different answers depending on who is providing it and the rules are constantly changing.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Talk to your dealer. According to @NayNay they can push back a reservation holders order to the back if the reservation holder wants them to. She is doing that with her own and another employee at their dealership so that their customers will move up.

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just thinking... maybe you just miss the initial order date cut-off and that will automatically put yourself in the My22 that way? I wouldnā€™t think theyā€™ll cancel your reservation for that.

I thought (not sure where) I read/heard that currently Ford dealers had from January till March 2021 to round up all their my21 orders for 9/18 or before reservation holders? Or is every reservation supposed to convert but this time?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I hope that this is correct and we can sit on our reservation and order when the options that we want are available to order (matching color hard top in my case).
Unfortunately past experience tells us that we get different answers depending on who is providing it and the rules are constantly changing.
Edit: agreed, we have received so much conflicting information, I don't trust any answer. This is partially why anyone considering sitting on a 2021 reservation to call and ask as well. (I do not want to be responsible for a lost place in line.)

If I can specify mansquatch at time of order, I may do so to intentionally slip and then reconfigure when all the MY 22 option choices come out.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had seen the September 18th cutoff date. I was just doing the math. If I was around 140,000 and lets say they convert 75% of those to orders. Give or take it puts it around 100,000 units. If first delivery isn't until June/July, wouldn't that make a November/December timeframe more realistic? I made a lot of assumptions that one week out was 140,000 (going off of one dealerships word) and they can produce 10,000 units a month (Not sure if that is true or not). I thought that had seen that somewhere as what to expect.

Reality is I want a 2.7 (high demand) Sasquatch (high demand) and black painted modular roof (late availability). I go back and forth between the Badlands and the Wildtrak (high demand) since I can only get the high package on Outer Banks and above. I thinking MY22 is in the cards for me and I am fine with that.
We are sitting at just over 190k reservation right now. I wouldnt trust the reservation numbers you got from the dealer as most of the talk I personally have heard from dealers on reservation numbers includes bronco sport. I highly doubt we only got 50k of the 190k reservation between end of July and now. I think your 140k number is too steep. I have a late August reservation. If I weren't planning on any late availability items i.e. 2.7L. I would say my build would be ready by at latest end of October. My assumption, I would be surprised if their not planning on making a certain allocation amount per dealer, filling reservations first. That still leaves 21MY broncos that will be filled dealer allocations NON reservation. So just regular old lot vehicles that weren't pre-ordered. I just dont see such a big company only manufacturing specific vehicles for personal builds in a first year rollout vehicle. I could be bass akwards wrong though.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are sitting at just over 190k reservation right now. I wouldnt trust the reservation numbers you got from the dealer as most of the talk I personally have heard from dealers on reservation numbers includes bronco sport. I highly doubt we only got 50k of the 190k reservation between end of July and now. I think your 140k number is too steep. I have a late August reservation. If I weren't planning on any late availability items i.e. 2.7L. I would say my build would be ready by at latest end of October. My assumption, I would be surprised if their not planning on making a certain allocation amount per dealer, filling reservations first. That still leaves 21MY broncos that will be filled dealer allocations NON reservation. So just regular old lot vehicles that weren't pre-ordered. I just dont see such a big company only manufacturing specific vehicles for personal builds in a first year rollout vehicle. I could be bass akwards wrong though.
Small sample size but with a August 2 reservation Iā€™m 411 out of about 500 at my dealer which seems to align with Bosmosisā€˜ assumption.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talk to your dealer. According to @NayNay they can push back a reservation holders order to the back if the reservation holder wants them to. She is doing that with her own and another employee at their dealership so that their customers will move up.
Afternoon, I will help if I can but am not clear on the actual question. If someone can give me the exact question I will do my best to answer it.
Sponsored