Sponsored

A way to get a 22MY with a 21MY reservation???

bozmosis

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford '21 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are sitting at just over 190k reservation right now. I wouldnt trust the reservation numbers you got from the dealer as most of the talk I personally have heard from dealers on reservation numbers includes bronco sport. I highly doubt we only got 50k of the 190k reservation between end of July and now. I think your 140k number is too steep. I have a late August reservation. If I weren't planning on any late availability items i.e. 2.7L. I would say my build would be ready by at latest end of October. My assumption, I would be surprised if their not planning on making a certain allocation amount per dealer, filling reservations first. That still leaves 21MY broncos that will be filled dealer allocations NON reservation. So just regular old lot vehicles that weren't pre-ordered. I just dont see such a big company only manufacturing specific vehicles for personal builds in a first year rollout vehicle. I could be bass akwards wrong though.
I agree with you that how Ford allocates these out is a true wild card in this process. You very much could be correct and I wouldn't bet against it. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out.
Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Or should I place my order with all the sh*t that's late delivery/availability and try and hope they push my build back to a 22MY. Thoughts? Ideas?
I wonder if, by doing that, you lose out of any 22MY option additions IF there will be any in MY22.

What options/changes, if any, has Ford confirmed for MY22? I have this wait for MY22 debate myself quite often but then I continue to watch Ford scramble to barely get out MY21 and I wonder if any substantial changes won’t come until MY23. At that point, I’m not waiting that long.
I wonder if Ford would have time to add new options for MY22. It's going to take most of 2022 to catch up with res holders and provide dealer stock.

Talk to your dealer. According to @NayNay they can push back a reservation holders order to the back if the reservation holder wants them to. She is doing that with her own and another employee at their dealership so that their customers will move up.
Would love to hear her reply. As I understand it, there is a cutoff date for res holders. Once that date passes, FORD sorts all orders by res #.

Would be sweet, with the shit show this rollout has been, if ford would allow those who want to go to the back of the line-behind the last res holder on record.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What options/changes, if any, has Ford confirmed for MY22? I have this wait for MY22 debate myself quite often but then I continue to watch Ford scramble to barely get out MY21 and I wonder if any substantial changes won’t come until MY23. At that point, I’m not waiting that long.
White Mod Top and Body Color Mod Top were confirmed by Levine. And of course, ManSquatch is MY22. There likely won't be a ton of changes between MY21/22. But I would expect that small details are refined such as eliminating the carpet on the back seats. They may have new colors and perhaps refinement of interior.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should call Ford to reconfirm - but I called and asked this question and they told me to sit on my reservation and then order a MY 22 with it. Then I would get one of the first MY22’s available with the options I select.
FWIW, I would not trust this phone support answer since it conflicts with previous information that indicated that unconverted reservations will expire. Also, from a common sense perspective it doesn't make sense that you could re-enter the line ahead of orders placed in the MY21 order window. I would expect MY21 orders that are pushed to MY22 will be fulfilled before MY22 orders at a given dealership.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talk to your dealer. According to @NayNay they can push back a reservation holders order to the back if the reservation holder wants them to. She is doing that with her own and another employee at their dealership so that their customers will move up.
That conflicts with the previous information that said Ford alone decides the production order for Bronco (traditional dealer priority code to delay or prioritize build is ignored). Hopefully this is still the case?

But Ford yielded to dealer mafia on x-plan and allocations, so maybe they also secretly gave this weapon back to the dealers as well.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FWIW, I would not trust this phone support answer since it conflicts with previous information that indicated that unconverted reservations will expire. Also, from a common sense perspective it doesn't make sense that you could re-enter the line ahead of orders placed in the MY21 order window. I would expect MY21 orders that are pushed to MY22 will be fulfilled before MY22 orders at a given dealership.
So if you want say manSquatch, you drop your reservation number and re-reserve?

And yes it makes sense that orders placed for MY21 but slip into 22 get filled first. However anything after that should still be in loose time stamp order as options allow.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if, by doing that, you lose out of any 22MY option additions IF there will be any in MY22.

I wonder if Ford would have time to add new options for MY22. It's going to take most of 2022 to catch up with res holders and provide dealer stock.

Would love to hear her reply. As I understand it, there is a cutoff date for res holders. Once that date passes, FORD sorts all orders by res #.

Would be sweet, with the shit show this rollout has been, if ford would allow those who want to go to the back of the line-behind the last res holder on record.
I will try and jump in here and add some information. While I can understand some of the questions and doubts I think Ford is doing their best to roll this out with customers in mind (I know no one cares lol). Here goes......

Ford and your dealership are 2 very different entities.

If you do NOT trust the dealership you are with you should look into switching NOW to save yourself the annoyance and constant what if scenarios. If you have no faith in them and or cannot get a straight answer you are digging your own hole on this.

Get things in writing. Do this now. Cover yourself. Know your dealer's process for this. Each dealership will decide how they will connect with customers and get this done. Ford does not control them but they can (and have) punished them....

If Ford has said late delivery/availability or something is on hold, you absolutely should still place your order. Here is why. On the dealership end it shows in a screen and if there is a hold it shows us BUT it keeps your place in line. As an example let's say 10 people want an item that is late availability. 5 people move forward with a reservation and 5 people sit on theirs. As soon as the item is being produced Ford will take those 5 that have been sitting in the order bank waiting and produce those 1st. In the meantime 100 other people could potentially jump ahead of you.

The screen shot I attached helps clarify (hopefully). It is an order screen for F-150's and the blue circled area shows the status with Ford. The yellow star is a priority code. So, we can decide in what order to put them in by a priority code. Before anyone freaks out there are times Ford tells us which codes to use. Just because it says "80" does NOT mean it is last. That code could mean 1st. Lastly, notice the pink circled 2 outstanding 2020 year models.... next to them says "retail" (a dealership can toss that in there like it is a customer's order or it could actually be a customer order) then to the right "unscheduled balance" which is where we see there is a balance owed that has not yet been scheduled with Ford. You can also see that Ford is building the 2021 and not those two 2020 models.......

All that said when we as a dealership are given an allotment each month, this screen is where we go and begin scheduling orders to be built. If you are sitting on a reservation we have no idea that you are. We will go to the next build in our screen. Once our allotment for the week/month is used, that is it. Ford does not give us any extras because we ask nicely. If we do not use our allotment Ford will do it for us. With regular vehicles they just build and ship us what they want. Here is where I assume Ford will place orders for customers when allotment has not been used for the Bronco. I feel strongly a dealership will use every single allotment they can on Bronco reservations that come to them. As this would be a "sale" not a maybe.

Next, a dealership WANTS to sell vehicles. So, someone that we have not spoken to and have had no contact with is not a "sale". A dealer can and will move to the next in line. We do not know why you are sitting on your reservation. If you decide to toss yours in last minute and a dealership has used their allotment your order gets to collect some dust in the back.

If you want a 22 model talk to that dealer. Never assume anything.

I am hoping this helps.

InkedB Shot_LI.jpg

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
..I believe I'm taking the less stressful way through this...a base..2dr..AMB..2.3..A10.. switches..and that's it.. with an A/Z plan.. not too many late available options on the list..

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will try and jump in here and add some information. While I can understand some of the questions and doubts I think Ford is doing their best to roll this out with customers in mind (I know no one cares lol). Here goes......

If you do NOT trust the dealership you are with you should look into switching NOW to save yourself the annoyance and constant what if scenarios. If you have no faith in them and or cannot get a straight answer you are digging your own hole on this.

Get things in writing. Do this now. Cover yourself. Know your dealer's process for this. Each dealership will decide how they will connect with customers and get this done. Ford does not control them but they can (and have) punished them....

If Ford has said late delivery/availability or something is on hold, you absolutely should still place your order. Here is why. On the dealership end it shows in a screen and if there is a hold it shows us BUT it keeps your place in line. As an example let's say 10 people want an item that is late availability. 5 people move forward with a reservation and 5 people sit on theirs. As soon as the item is being produced Ford will take those 5 that have been sitting in the order bank waiting and produce those 1st. In the meantime 100 other people could potentially jump ahead of you.

The screen shot I attached helps clarify (hopefully). It is an order screen for F-150's and the blue circled area shows the status with Ford. The yellow star is a priority code. So, we can decide in what order to put them in by a priority code. Before anyone freaks out there are times Ford tells us which codes to use. Just because it says "80" does NOT mean it is last. That code could mean 1st. Lastly, notice the pink circled 2 outstanding 2020 year models.... next to them says "retail" (a dealership can toss that in there like it is a customer's order or it could actually be a customer order) then to the right "unscheduled balance" which is where we see there is a balance owed that has not yet been scheduled with Ford. You can also see that Ford is building the 2021 and not those two 2020 models.......

All that said when we as a dealership are given an allotment each month, this screen is where we go and begin scheduling orders to be built. If you are sitting on a reservation we have no idea that you are. We will go to the next build in our screen. Once our allotment for the week/month is used, that is it. Ford does not give us any extras because we ask nicely. If we do not use our allotment Ford will do it for us. With regular vehicles they just build and ship us what they want. Here is where I assume Ford will place orders for customers when allotment has not been used for the Bronco. I feel strongly a dealership will use every single allotment they can on Bronco reservations that come to them. As this would be a "sale" not a maybe.

Next, a dealership WANTS to sell vehicles. So, someone that we have not spoken to and have had no contact with is not a "sale". A dealer can and will move to the next in line. We do not know why you are sitting on your reservation. If you decide to toss yours in last minute and a dealership has used their allotment your order gets to collect some dust in the back.

I am hoping this helps.

Ford Bronco A way to get a 22MY with a 21MY reservation??? InkedB Shot_LI
Thanks, as always you give straight information!!!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, from having spent a fair amount of time over at the (F250) Tremor forum, it seems like those guys custom order all the time, even prior to the Tremor package this past year.
According to MANY of their converstions, a submitted order can be changed up until a VIN is issued by Ford , meaning it's now in/VERY near production.
My best guess is the ordering system will work in about the same manner.

BUT... to be perfectly clear, NONE of this has been clarified by Ford yet ....considering this all new vehicle and this being only the second attempt at a "factory" order process.

..I believe I'm taking the less stressful way through this...a base..2dr..AMB..2.3..A10.. switches..and that's it.. with an A/Z plan.. not too many late available options on the list..
I believe you're correct. My stress level went way down when I finally decided to not fight the option grouping and just low ball the system.

I may take a very similar route, except manual. The thought being, get me a Bronco as fast I can and have fun driving it for a year or two or until I can order either Mansquatch or a manual w/Mid pkg. combo that is NOT a $50k Badlands..... or maybe I'll love it so much I'll go all in on a Badlands at that point. :cool:

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are sitting at just over 190k reservation right now. I wouldnt trust the reservation numbers you got from the dealer as most of the talk I personally have heard from dealers on reservation numbers includes bronco sport. I highly doubt we only got 50k of the 190k reservation between end of July and now. I think your 140k number is too steep. I have a late August reservation. If I weren't planning on any late availability items i.e. 2.7L. I would say my build would be ready by at latest end of October. My assumption, I would be surprised if their not planning on making a certain allocation amount per dealer, filling reservations first. That still leaves 21MY broncos that will be filled dealer allocations NON reservation. So just regular old lot vehicles that weren't pre-ordered. I just dont see such a big company only manufacturing specific vehicles for personal builds in a first year rollout vehicle. I could be bass akwards wrong though.
PAUSE! When did they say the 2.7 was late availability?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if you want say manSquatch, you drop your reservation number and re-reserve?
As far as I know, Ford has not yet disclosed when and how mansquatch can be ordered. I would keep the reservation and hope that it will apply (wait for official word).

There is a dealer posting on here claiming that they can adjust the Bronco build priority (like can be done for F-150, etc), but that is contrary to previous information indicating that Ford will determine the Bronco build schedule using reservation timestamps (and dealer allocation) and inform customers in May. If this has changed, it would be good to understand so that we don't get screwed by our dealers.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I am hoping this helps.

InkedB Shot_LI.jpg
Thank you for taking the time to share your insight. This is very helpful.

Tag
Sponsored