Sponsored

A way to get a 22MY with a 21MY reservation???

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We are sitting at just over 190k reservation right now. I wouldnt trust the reservation numbers you got from the dealer as most of the talk I personally have heard from dealers on reservation numbers includes bronco sport. I highly doubt we only got 50k of the 190k reservation between end of July and now. I think your 140k number is too steep. I have a late August reservation. If I weren't planning on any late availability items i.e. 2.7L. I would say my build would be ready by at latest end of October. My assumption, I would be surprised if their not planning on making a certain allocation amount per dealer, filling reservations first. That still leaves 21MY broncos that will be filled dealer allocations NON reservation. So just regular old lot vehicles that weren't pre-ordered. I just dont see such a big company only manufacturing specific vehicles for personal builds in a first year rollout vehicle. I could be bass akwards wrong though.
PAUSE! When did they say the 2.7 was late availability?
Limited availability, not necessarily late availability.
Don't read too much into "limited availabilty" specific to the 2.7L. Everything is limited availability. Depending on what everyone orders in the coming months the 2.3L could just as well be what delays a build.

Just make your order. Don't pull your hair out trying to figure out what will limit or delay a build.
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't read too much into "limited availability" specific to the 2.7L. Everything is limited availability. Depending on what everyone orders in the coming months the 2.3L could just as well be what delays a build.

Just make your order. Don't pull your hair out trying to figure out what will limit or delay a build.
I agree with the "don't pull your hair out" and order what you want. However, when a company discloses bad news it should be believed. We should be prepared for a longer wait if we want a 2dr, sasquatch, 2.7L, lux, or leather. Plus you can change options in May if the delay is unacceptable.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
According to MANY of their converstions, a submitted order can be changed up until a VIN is issued by Ford , meaning it's now in/VERY near production.
My best guess is the ordering system will work in about the same manner.
The Ford guy in the Q&A yesterday did explain something like that. But I wasn't listening close enough to know what he said.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright B6G, I have been on here for a good little while and I have always been the guy that wanted his Bronco as soon as possible. As we all know with FORD, sh*t happens. I'm now thinking I'd rather have a MY22 and be safe than sorry with everything that's going on with the bronco. So the question is, because I have 21MY timestamp (Aug 5) which is pretty much middle of the road for 21MY(So we thought), should I cancel and go way to the back of the list by placing a new reservation today. Or should I place my order with all the sh*t that's late delivery/availability and try and hope they push my build back to a 22MY. Thoughts? Ideas?
You should call Ford to reconfirm - but I called and asked this question and they told me to sit on my reservation and then order a MY 22 with it. Then I would get one of the first MY22’s available with the options I select.
Man, I hope this is correct. I'd love to be able to just simply place an order for a 2022 and not worry about having to game the system in order to get one. I sent an email to my dealer a few days ago asking the same question as the OP, but I haven't heard back.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think the LUX package is of high demand but rather, limited availability for the actual items/parts included in the package (i.e. maybe the B&O system, wireless chargers, etc.)

2.7 or SAS, sure Id say those are high demand but would fall under limited availability and not so much late availability.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
MY22 is most likely also going to be in CY22. So, I hope you don’t mind waiting another year. I’m basing this off the fact that Ford (and others) are now starting model years around the calendar year. Just something to think about.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its been insinuated a few times. Go watch the Q&A that posted recently.
II believe the point they have been making is that there are some items known to be late availability (mod top) but that your order could also potentially be delayed because of a relative limited availability of parts once all the orders come in.

For instance: if everyone decides they want the V6, and they can’t keep manufacturing up with demand, then it would become a limited availability option, delaying delivery to anyone who wants it.

It’s not that the V6 is late availability... they’re available immediately. It’s just that we should be mentally prepared for our delivery to be delayed if we all check the same boxes on our build sheet.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MY22 is most likely also going to be in CY22. So, I hope you don’t mind waiting another year. I’m basing this off the fact that Ford (and others) are now starting model years around the calendar year. Just something to think about.
We’re going to be waiting 6-7 months already anyway. Given the way the new Explorer launch went, and given the complete shizshow the Bronco launch has been thus far, I will be much more comfortable settling for a 2022 model while the 2021 buyers do all the beta testing. Perhaps by 2022 Ford will have a functional (and accurate) Build and Price website.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

II believe the point they have been making is that there are some items known to be late availability (mod top) but that your order could also potentially be delayed because of a relative limited availability of parts once all the orders come in.

For instance: if everyone decides they want the V6, and they can’t keep manufacturing up with demand, then it would become a limited availability option, delaying delivery to anyone who wants it.

It’s not that the V6 is late availability... they’re available immediately. It’s just that we should be mentally prepared for our delivery to be delayed if we all check the same boxes on our build sheet.
I see! I believe he stated that, based on the polling info they have now. Im aware thats far from final, that the v6 will end up being late availability. Im sure the recent price changes will effect this in a way also. We are just going to have to wait to know for sure but I personally will be expecting a delay with my build because of the 2.7l.
Sponsored