Sponsored

A way to get a 22MY with a 21MY reservation???

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright B6G, I have been on here for a good little while and I have always been the guy that wanted his Bronco as soon as possible. As we all know with FORD, sh*t happens. I'm now thinking I'd rather have a MY22 and be safe than sorry with everything that's going on with the bronco. So the question is, because I have 21MY timestamp (Aug 5) which is pretty much middle of the road for 21MY(So we thought), should I cancel and go way to the back of the list by placing a new reservation today. Or should I place my order with all the sh*t that's late delivery/availability and try and hope they push my build back to a 22MY. Thoughts? Ideas?
Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thinking the same ... my 1st reservation is 7/27. For sure going to add late availability options to a 2dr so might work out to a MY22 ... I have a 10/31 reservation I made for a scenario like this in case I wanted to wait as well ... but not sure if it matters anymore? ..

bozmosis

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford '21 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Alright B6G, I have been on here for a good little while and I have always been the guy that wanted his Bronco as soon as possible. As we all know with FORD, sh*t happens. I'm now thinking I'd rather have a MY22 and be safe than sorry with everything that's going on with the bronco. So the question is, because I have 21MY timestamp (Aug 5) which is pretty much middle of the road for 21MY(So we thought), should I cancel and go way to the back of the list by placing a new reservation today. Or should I place my order with all the sh*t that's late delivery/availability and try and hope they push my build back to a 22MY. Thoughts? Ideas?
Why cancel? I made my reservations on July 19th. In talking with one dealership they indicated that by a week out Ford had about 140,000 reservations. I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is true I have a hard time believing I will see a MY21. If Ford pushes out the dates again they know they have a math problem in getting '21's to people. My guess is you will see (this is just a guess) that Ford will come up packages and other "free" incentives to get people to wait and pay more for a MY22.

We just need to wait and let Ford figure this out a little more. It would be nice if they communicated a little more, but my guess is that things are changing daily. The Brand Manager videos are nice, but by looking at the boards they stir up more questions then what are answered.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a first day reservation and plan on ordering all late availability options - SAS, Badlands Lux, painted top, etc. My opinion - It's worth waiting even if it gets pushed to MY22.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain nSANEo

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why cancel? I made my reservations on July 19th. In talking with one dealership they indicated that by a week out Ford had about 140,000 reservations. I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is true I have a hard time believing I will see a MY21. If Ford pushes out the dates again they know they have a math problem in getting '21's to people. My guess is you will see (this is just a guess) that Ford will come up packages and other "free" incentives to get people to wait and pay more for a MY22.

We just need to wait and let Ford figure this out a little more. It would be nice if they communicated a little more, but my guess is that things are changing daily. The Brand Manager videos are nice, but by looking at the boards they stir up more questions then what are answered.
Why Cancel. Because I just really don't want a 21MY anymore. To me it just makes sense that the 22MY is the sweet spot for what we all thought this launch should of been. We've waited this long and adding another 6-8 months to get exactly what I want just seems to be the way to go. But there is no right or wrong answer to this because its really just based on preference I guess.

Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can make a new (second) reservation. This will place you at the back of the reservation line, and significantly increase your chances of getting a MY22 Bronco. Then, cancel the first reservation once you are sure you don’t want a MY21 Bronco. That’s what I did.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You should call Ford to reconfirm - but I called and asked this question and they told me to sit on my reservation and then order a MY 22 with it. Then I would get one of the first MY22’s available with the options I select.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in a similar boat. Still unsure if I'll go thru with my initial reservation, but going to just see how it all plays out and if I'm still iffy, I'll just cancel and make a new reservation then.

OP
OP
Captain nSANEo

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add all of the "late availability" options at time of order. Then, after they calculate the MY21 cutoff date, but before your order gets a VIN, change it to the exact specs you want.
NICE! This is the type of answer I was looing for!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Captain nSANEo

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should call Ford to reconfirm - but I called and asked this question and they told me to sit on my reservation and then order a MY 22 with it. Then I would get one of the first MY22’s available with the options I select.
This definitely sounds like a way to go. That would be perfect if they allow you to choose a MY 22 at ordering.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must have missed the statement from a few months back that stated September 18th? I think... was the 2021 MY cutoff date. Not sure how the recent delays affect this or even how late availability option selection will affect this. Theres honestly too much to take into account to give a good estimate. Unless you choose a late availability item I still doubt your July 19th res date will be even close to a MY 22.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't tell from the brand manager video whether the body color mod top would be a late availability for '21 or it was for sure only a '22. And I know it is pure speculation, but if a bronco has many late availability features do you think it will be delivered about a year from now?

bozmosis

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford '21 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why Cancel. Because I just really don't want a 21MY anymore. To me it just makes sense that the 22MY is the sweet spot for what we all thought this launch should of been. We've waited this long and adding another 6-8 months to get exactly what I want just seems to be the way to go. But there is no right or wrong answer to this because its really just based on preference I guess.
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across that way. I was just saying that my guess is that you will be getting a MY22 and no reason to get out of line. (It would have been easier to just say that next time.)

bozmosis

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford '21 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Must have missed the statement from a few months back that stated September 18th? I think... was the 2021 MY cutoff date. Not sure how the recent delays affect this or even how late availability option selection will affect this. Theres honestly too much to take into account to give a good estimate. Unless you choose a late availability item I still doubt your July 19th res date will be even close to a MY 22.
I had seen the September 18th cutoff date. I was just doing the math. If I was around 140,000 and lets say they convert 75% of those to orders. Give or take it puts it around 100,000 units. If first delivery isn't until June/July, wouldn't that make a November/December timeframe more realistic? I made a lot of assumptions that one week out was 140,000 (going off of one dealerships word) and they can produce 10,000 units a month (Not sure if that is true or not). I thought that had seen that somewhere as what to expect.

Reality is I want a 2.7 (high demand) Sasquatch (high demand) and black painted modular roof (late availability). I go back and forth between the Badlands and the Wildtrak (high demand) since I can only get the high package on Outer Banks and above. I thinking MY22 is in the cards for me and I am fine with that.
Sponsored