Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First time posting, but just returned from a great trip in Southern California and had to share it with you all.

Some background. Took delivery of my 4dr sasquatch badlands in October. Big thanks to Walnut Creek Ford. Small trips here and there, but this was the inaugural trip with the rig. Pretty much stock. Ford Performance drawers and Baja A-pillar lights.
I think I saw your car driving down my street. Same color soft top 4 door. Oakland. Yours is the only one outside of Bronco events I have ever seen in real life. Crocker?

I have my order through Walnut Creek Ford too. 4 Door BL Squatch too. Going to Death Valley next weekend too. If and when I get mine maybe we should get together.
Sponsored

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good read and pics. How was Berdoo Canyon? Haven't been through there in my Raptor figuring it may be too wide for some spots, and no good way to turn around.

OP
OP
jiles

jiles

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 F150, 2010 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good read and pics. How was Berdoo Canyon? Haven't been through there in my Raptor figuring it may be too wide for some spots, and no good way to turn around.
Berdoo wasn't too bad. There were other full sized trucks, albeit moded, running it. I'd expect some scrapping on rock rails if you took a raptor through.

Its a neat way to get in or out of the park, but I don't know if I'd say the trail is "bucket list worthy," you know?

msch382

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone recently off roaded the backcountry roads of Death Valley such as Lippincott, Steel Pass, Echo Canyon?

I know Titus remains impassable...despite the NPS "closing" them...but I know folks are out on some of the other DV backcountry roads given pictures on social media.

Anyone been recently?

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lippincott going up is definitely gnarly and those 90 degree rutted out turns will make you feel alive. Did it in Raptor pickup all while gf gets a terrible migraine fully committed into the trail. Bronco 2dr is better suited vehicle for that trail.

Been to Death Valley over Thanksgiving several times and J Tree a ton over the years.

Lippincott Mine Road is definitely hair raising with the drop-off, but coming up and exiting (or hopefully dropping into) by the Racetrack is fantastic. Were you able to stop and enjoy the Saline Valley hot springs on your way out?

Can't wait to get my Day 1 reservation Bronco... scheduled... someday.

Thanks for sharing your awesome trip!

Sponsored

msch382

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Hdscreens did you do Lippincott after Hilary rains (NPS says the rains ruined / closed it, but not sure whether I believe them)? Did you run into any issues with the DV road closures?

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I did Lippincott 4 years ago which I’m sure there had been little rain in those years. However, on some sections it was obvious where rain water would run off over the years and it was usually at tight and dangerous turn sections or where the drop off side was the most dangerous. There was definitely enough erosion for pucker moments. Once committed to go up the only way out is to continue up cause there really isn’t space to turn back.

I have no doubt they mean it’s closed due heavy rain ruining the trail. A 2 dr bronco might still pull it off but be ready for anything. You won’t see a single vehicle on that trail either so if you need rescue be sure you have food and supplies for 2-3 days and a radio communicator. An all terrain motorcycle I’m sure would do it regardless.

@Hdscreens did you do Lippincott after Hilary rains (NPS says the rains ruined / closed it, but not sure whether I believe them)? Did you run into any issues with the DV road closures?
Sponsored