Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

saw this gorgeous ancestor downtown today, I don't know enough about Bronco history to date it, but it sure looks like a very early to me. Great condition and classic color, lots of people taking photos of this nice elder.

Thought you might enjoy seeing this gem.

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 4.02.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 4.02.27 PM.png
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Similar one in my town but they want 48k. No thanks. I'll personally take a new one for that. Kidding!

For real...it is in great condition and for someone wanting an original style it would be a great find.

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting more rare to find the rear quarters not cut up. People altered a lot of them to look like the grey one in this post. 👍 nice looking for sure.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similar one in my town but they want 48k. No thanks. I'll take a new one for that. When new ones didn't exist I get that price. But now.. no way
You're kidding, right? Most people who love the old ones hate the new ones. The fact that I have a new one does not reduce the value of my 74. Classic cars hold their value, and Broncos are right up there with '57 Chevy 2 door coupes.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're kidding, right? Most people who love the old ones hate the new ones. The fact that I have a new one does not reduce the value of my 74. Classic cars hold their value, and Broncos are right up there with '57 Chevy 2 door coupes.
I’m not going to suggest the value on the classic should diminish because of the sixth Gen introduction, but I can say I personally would never prefer to drive the classic over the power, tech, and safety of the new one. There is a certain nostalgia to the older vehicles, and a nice rumble from under the hood, but every other aspect of the driving experience is superior on the new model. The classics are a better investment for sure, but I’m done being married to cars I don’t drive.

Deleted member 31057

Haha...this is getting funny. I own both so I should start arguing with myself.

My uncut 1974 I wouldn't ever sell for a new one. I enjoy this when I want to enjoy the actual drive or feel of the road. Everyone smiles or waves, no buttons to push and I have to physically lock the hubs in for 4 wheel drive.

My new 2021 I wouldn't get rid of this. Used as a daily driver. New version of my older vehicle I love to drive with modern conveniences that make it harder for me to fix.

I guess can't stand my 19.....21 🤣🤣
Ford Bronco a well kept ancestor 34

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not going to suggest the value on the classic should diminish because of the sixth Gen introduction, but I can say I personally would never prefer to drive the classic over the power, tech, and safety of the new one. There is a certain nostalgia to the older vehicles, and a nice rumble from under the hood, but every other aspect of the driving experience is superior on the new model. The classics are a better investment for sure, but I’m done being married to cars I don’t drive.
You mean you don't like the thought of a steering wheel hitting you in the chest in the event of a collision? :LOL: I don't either! I actually need pedal extenders to drive my 74 (it's 3-speed manual). The worst thing about it is the old engine can't tolerate ethanol gasoline, so it keeps breaking down. I may need to do an engine swap.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess it just goes down to preference for sure. I loved my 86, I beat that thing up, the og Broncos though I would take over the new if I had no kids. I'm not a big technology person and the little glitches the new one has, has become slightly annoying. I wouldnt mind having both though

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Back in high school I so wanted a Bronco or a 2 door Land Cruiser but $6,000 for a really nice one was soooo much money.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice uncut EB.

I like the option of having both my EBs and a 6G. I can continue to wrench on my EBs and not worry about long term computer glitches, chips, dealership trips, etc. Longevity has been a question about the 6G for me and how it will be in say 30 years. Both my EBs welcome a new kid to the family.
Sponsored