Sponsored

A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anybody wanting that ugly ridiculous cybertruck thing has opinions that don't matter to me at all, LOL. I'd not drive that joke if it were given to me for free, I thought Musk was punking us when he revealed that thing. Dumbest truck design I've ever seen.
Sponsored

Malve1

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Infiniti QX, Jaguar F-Pace, Yam FJR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel very fortunate because for those rare times I just want a quiet peaceful road trip, I can drive my fiancée’s Jaguar F-Pace. That damn thing really surprised me with how nice it drives and handles.

lvgambler

Base
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI, F250 Crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've owned a 1972 Bronco, talk about basic: no power steering, non-boosted drum brakes, no A/C, heater barely worked. Good basic 4WD bones. Wanted to go with another 1st gen but they are stupid $$$$$! (Might as well get a new one....)

I've also owned a 2007 Jeep Wragler Sport. The Wrangler was a basic 2 door HT with some mods on 33s. Better brakes and steering, even A/C. Good basic 4WD bones.

Both were a blast, both would go almost anywhere. (Driving over boulder fields wasn't a 'thing' not long ago)

The new Bronco looks like it fits the mould both visually and under the hood. Frankly, there's too much unneeded 'marketing' tech. Seriously, GOAT modes? First understand your vehicle and then learn how to drive off-road!

It's great that Ford is making a "Wrangler killer". Competition leads to better products. Facts are that most will be grocery getters. Let's hope Ford doesn't make a 2wd Bronco like Jeep did with the Wrangler! Probably will. LOL!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... didn't bother to research the targeted market or it direct competition.
To be fair on that point, Ford has cast a pretty wide net with their marketing and announcements. It's bound to bring in a bunch of people who aren't prepared for the reality of a SUV like the Bronco when they've been conditioned by the likes of very car like "SUV"'s like the Explorer.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree for the most part, however, if you don’t plan on off-roading or doing a bunch of outdoorsy stuff, an OBX with Lux, leather, non-Sasquatch will get you awfully close to entry/mid level comfort and driving experience with other non-luxury SUVs. Plus it will look a hell of a lot more unique, better going down the road, and more capable in snow and other winter driving conditions.
A bronco in Wyoming would be sick...all that BLM...good Lord!!

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought that was a fake post. If you are going to the dealer to make up your mind on a bronco and get back in your Mazda... this isn’t the life for you buddy.
Not going to lie I needed to google Mazda speed 3 to see what it was.
You continue to amaze with your coded banter...awesome!
Ford Bronco A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into 1620160088632

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can already envision it behind my camper with my canoe strapped on top, all being towed by my super duty to the next adventure....

dbweb

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After my 6'7" brother sat in a manual seat BD at the lowest setting and had lots of headroom, it looks safe to say most tall people will be OK in front. The back seat is another story.

Ford Bronco A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into 1620160088632
How did you brother feel the width was. I am not the smallest person in the world and am more worried bout the width of the drivers area. Did he sit in it with the door closed and feel like he had room to move around enough to be comfortable.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you brother feel the width was. I am not the smallest person in the world and am more worried bout the width of the drivers area. Did he sit in it with the door closed and feel like he had room to move around enough to be comfortable.
He said it was fine. We drove there in my Focus so it was probably a land barge in comparison. He drives a newer F150.
Sponsored