Sponsored

A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are crazy if you think a full size bronco with the big V8 Godzilla, front and rear lockers, sway bar disco, freedom panels and removeable doors, removeable rear seats, drop tailgate, 5-7500 pound towing capacity and updated tech for around F150 prices wouldn't sell like hotcakes.
You crazy if you think all that will come around F150 price. The bronco we have coming isn't F150 price. Lol Not even close. I can get an F150 up here for under $50k. My Badlands is $70k. Lol I don't know where you're shopping.
Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will preface this by saying a few things so you can take this for what it is worth which may be nothing to most of you:

- These are only my opinions
- I sat in the bronco a few days ago
- I am not necessarily an off road enthusiast as most of you are, I will be using this to chase deer and elk in the West
- I have only been in a few Jeeps in my life and have never owned a Jeep product

I will start by saying the Bronco really is a beautiful vehicle. Pictures do not do them justice. However, anyone viewing this vehicle in any other way other than a Jeep Wrangler killer is going to be surprised. It is exactly that, a Jeep Wrangler killer. I agree with those that say it is 15-30% better than a Wrangler in almost every way, but again just an opinion and not a Jeep guy.

People that have not yet realized that this Bronco is more like a Jeep Wrangler than any other type of vehicle are in for shock. 99% of you here know what you are getting into, but I think some people should hear this before going to see it.
After driving my Jeep Wrangler daily for over 13 years, this will be a huge step up for the road drive. Off-road, IFS has made HUGE capability strides. I remember when there were hints of the Wrangler going to IFS, and Jeep faithful (including myself) were up in arms. There just wasn't the same capability for rock-crawling with IFS that a solid axel could provide. Well, Ford did their research and learned from a lot of the King of the Hammers vehicles that had IFS and tore that course up! Other than the exposed bolts on the lower control arms (and I know there will be a fix for that), the geometry of the Bronco's suspension is amazing and it will be pretty comparable to the Wrangler for crawling. While maybe not quite as good on big boulders, the rest of the vehicle makes it all worth it. I cannot wait to get mine and see what it will do. Besides, I'm on the road more than I'm on the trail, but when I am I know it will be just fine. :)(y)

Last edited:

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would say Ford anticipated the disconnect between some of the customers wanting a Bronco based on name brand and ā€œshiny new modelsā€ and the crowd who wants it for itā€™s intended purpose. Hence, the ā€œBronco Sportā€; all the luxury and none of the capability.... but you get a bucking Bronc badge and they refuse to let anyone say youā€™re not part of the club.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will preface this by saying a few things so you can take this for what it is worth which may be nothing to most of you:

- These are only my opinions
- I sat in the bronco a few days ago
- I am not necessarily an off road enthusiast as most of you are, I will be using this to chase deer and elk in the West
- I have only been in a few Jeeps in my life and have never owned a Jeep product

I will start by saying the Bronco really is a beautiful vehicle. Pictures do not do them justice. However, anyone viewing this vehicle in any other way other than a Jeep Wrangler killer is going to be surprised. It is exactly that, a Jeep Wrangler killer. I agree with those that say it is 15-30% better than a Wrangler in almost every way, but again just an opinion and not a Jeep guy.

People that have not yet realized that this Bronco is more like a Jeep Wrangler than any other type of vehicle are in for shock. 99% of you here know what you are getting into, but I think some people should hear this before going to see it.
It's nothing like a Jeep wrangler. It's a rendition of a vehicle from 50 years ago.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BronoNation guy who drove the Badlands, with 33 inch MTā€™s on it said itā€™s a great daily driver. He had driven from St.Louis to Omaha. Did you ride in one?
To be fair, I donā€™t ever take the word of anyone paid to say good things about a product seriously.

Enough other people have given glowing praise though.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's nothing like a Jeep wrangler. It's a rendition of a vehicle from 50 years ago.
Exactly, it seems we need a warning thread to let people know that theyā€™re not going to get a wrangler clone by getting a Bronco.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this person is exactly right. There are some here whoā€™ve been typing ā€œitā€™s just like the original Bronco.ā€ Iā€™m 50 and grew up with Broncos on the street. This new One is a lot smaller than those. Ainā€™t nobody here who grew up with an original Bronco unless youā€™re 70 years old by now. In which case youā€™re not the target market.

the headroom in the back seat is going to be very compromised by the stadium seating. I really wish the hard top were there - Iā€™m a curious how that will stack up.

Ford made this a few inches too short in
Length and too low in the roll bars.

yes, my left arm wasnā€™t pressed right against the door like in a wrangler I tried last night. But this sure as hell ainā€™t the size of my Edge in real life, not like it is on paper.

itā€™s just a glorified Wrangler wearing a halo because itā€™s the new kid in town.

a few more inches of BACK SEAT leg room, (the front is fine), lift that roll cage so that it doesnā€™t conflict with the heads of larger fellas, and youā€™d have a whole new category

but by sticking to the wrangler design this is a big whiff on the part of Ford management

yes, itā€™s a wrangler killer. But it completely misses the much larger body of folks who are Fn bored with minivan SUVs. It misses because itā€™s not capable of replacing the Lexus NX, Audi Q5, Explorer, 4Runner, Highlander, etc.

The design dimensions boxed this in, and not in a good way

youā€™ll barely be able to fit your camping gear in this thing. Toyota got off lucky - the very obsolete 4Runner is not at risk here.

A hockey goalieā€™s pile of stuff will take up the entire trunk

this vehicle is strictly for single men and their winch on the front bumper

Ford missed the much larger potential audience. And thatā€™s a flipping shame.
Yet for me it will be perfect. They can go after a larger audience after they master this one and finally get this version out. Note that Bronco is not only a SUV but it is now a brand. You might see what you really want or need with a F150-ish Grand Bronco version in the future. Please no 2WD version Broncos.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You crazy if you think all that will come around F150 price. The bronco we have coming isn't F150 price. Lol Not even close. I can get an F150 up here for under $50k. My Badlands is $70k. Lol I don't know where you're shopping.
Iā€˜m shopping at Granger. And my Bronco is $26K. šŸ˜

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol right?
My Audi A4 doesnā€™t even have rear vents.
granted itā€™s an 07

;)
Our 2018 Audi Q5 is about 1/2ā€ wider pillar to pillar. And the rear center seat is 12-14ā€ wide depending on where you put the tape.
And when you really look at the interior there is a ton of plastic. And at 6ā€™3ā€ no adult can sit behind me unless I move the seat forward!
But still itā€™s a nice ride!

Canā€™t wait for my frickinā€™ toy!

Sponsored

JPOPS5

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base-man-squatch / A7 / S5 / TT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Someone on this forum, anyone who can, get in a bronco then get in a ford ranger. That's the comparison I need. I would do it but there isn't a bronco in Dallas area yet, at least not one I can go see.

I want to know how comparable the two are.
On a similar note, Iā€™m wondering how it compares to an FJ Cruiser...has anyone sat in both of these? I was always very comfortable in my FJ (well except when I wanted to see out the back:)).

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our 2018 Audi Q5 is about 1/2ā€ wider pillar to pillar. And the rear center seat is 12-14ā€ wide depending on where you put the tape.
And when you really look at the interior there is a ton of plastic. And at 6ā€™3ā€ no adult can sit behind me unless I move the seat forward!
But still itā€™s a nice ride!

Canā€™t wait for my frickinā€™ toy!
My ā€˜14 Q5 was the same. Cayenne / Touareg is the perfect size

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's because of the huge markup on "wranglers".

You can get a non diesel HD truck for about an F150 price or you can get a loaded wrangler/bronco for about the same money. That's really the top end of the market if you want to sell a bunch of vehicles. Ford could easily make a full size in that 50-70k price point. Lockers aren't some expensive tech, nor is a sway bar disco. 90% of the features are far from new. People think the bronco has some special powers that justify the price but it's really just a big markup and a scarcity premium the first few years......then the discounts will start like on the F150s. My loaded power wagon has almost everything minus the one pedal and trail turn and was in the upper 50s. That's an HD truck, bigger engine, almost as much tech, 12 inch screen, much better interior, similar suspension, much more metal. Granted I can't take off the doors and roof and only came with 33s. So just because you build a significantly larger vehicle doesn't mean the price has to skyrocket. Not to mention it can steal a bunch of stuff from the F150 platform and what was already developed for the little bronco.