1. Only 2 cup holders
2. No AC vents in the back
3. Sound system is abysmal
4. Alternator of an off road vehicle is placed on the bottom
5. Still no solid resolution on the hard tops
6. More Soft tops falling apart
7. Having to buy steel bumpers instead of being stock
8. No protection for a plastic gas tank
9. AND that STUPID windshield washer reservoir with a horizontal neck (I mean who da fuck designed that crap and how did it not only pass inspection and quality control but it keeps getting produced AND its NOT specific only to Broncos)
10. Don't know if my engine will last

did I leave anything out?
Sponsored

Mikeflo

Black Diamond
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Honda Civic, & a Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife and I have had our 4-door Badlands Bronco for one year and it has been great! We have just under 20,000 miles on it and it has not been a Pavement Princess. Here is a list of the off-road adventures that we have been on.

• White Rim Trail in Canyonlands NP
• 2 times on Hog’s Back Rim Trail - Kanab, UT
• Fins & Things, UT
• Toroweap Overlook, Grand Canyon
• Multiple trips to San Rafael Swell, UT
• Boulder Mountain, UT
• Mount Logan, UT
• American Fork Canyon, UT
• Millville Canyon – Cache Valley, UT
• Beaver Creek - Logan Canyon, UT
• Exploring Island Park, ID
• Exploring Brian Head and Duck Creek, UT
• Exploring La Sal Mountain Range, UT
• Latour Baldy, ID
• Box Elder County, UT

The things we love most about the Bronco are:
1. The power and torque! Driving the 2.7 engine and the 10-speed auto has been magical! It is fun to drive!
2. The handling on-road and off-road is great!
3. Interior comfort and room. We have the High package and love the technology. Also love the MGV seats and rubberized flooring.
4. Off-road capability.

The things we do not like about the Bronco and wish Ford would fix.
1. Allow the sway bar to be disconnected while in 4A. Come on Ford, even the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon can do this!
2. Harsh ride. Most of our off-road driving is on moderately rocky roads between 5 and 20 miles per hour. The shock valving is very stiff for this type of riding. We almost always air down which does help.
3. Instrument cluster – Analog speedometer is a waste of space. Also wish it had a gear indicator while in auto mode.

One of our bigger complaints was with the noisy hard top. But we just had it replaced a week ago with MIC 2.0. Due to a dealer mistake, our original hard top did not have the sound deadening headliner. The new one came with it and I am happy to say that there is a noticeable reduction in sound. We are very happy with it!

The only warranty issue we have had is with the transfer case. It was leaking oil and our dealership replaced the rear seal. Another shout-out to Frank at Ken Garff Ford!

NOTE: I have owned at least one 4-wheel drive vehicle at any given time for the past 35+ years. My first was when I was 16. None of these vehicles have ever had a catastrophic failure. Things have stopped working on some of them and have needed to be repaired but none have ever left me stranded.

Our Bronco replaced a 2005 Chevy Suburban with the 5.3 V8. It had the Eaton locking rear differential which made the Suburban very off-road capable for what it was. We did a lot of off-road exploring with it and the powertrain was always very reliable. Overall, it had uninspiring performance but was boringly reliable. Change the oil, clean the air filter, fill it with gas and away we would go.

The Bronco’s performance and off-road capability is superior to the Suburban in almost every way. The only thing I miss about the Suburban is it's more comfortable ride when on rough and rocky roads. But the Bronco is WAY MORE FUN to drive. It has more torque than any other vehicle we have ever owned. And my wife makes fun of my grin every time I crest a steep incline faster than we ever could have with our other vehicles. I LOVE IT!

I have never headed out on a trip and thought to myself, “Maybe we shouldn’t go because we might break down.” That is important, even critical, to me because I am in a wheelchair. If we ever did have a catastrophic breakdown, it may be catastrophic for us as well. Usually when we go on our adventures, we have another vehicle with us. But not always. My passion is the out-doors and one of my favorite things to do is go exploring and see new things.

But our Bronco with its 2.7 engine has been giving me some anxiety lately because the engine falls within the “danger zone” of valve problems. Now that we have 20,000 miles on her, are we “out of the woods”? Only Ford can answer that (I hope) but their silence on the issue doesn’t inspire any confidence. So do I change my lifestyle because of the increased risk? Do I park it until all this gets sorted out? Probably not. More than likely, we will just continue to explore and pray that “it” never happens to us. 😊

Enjoy the photos!

20220616_122344.jpg

White Rim Trail

20220616_193924.jpg

White Rim Trail

20220615_195802.jpg

Fins & Things

20220615_194542.jpg

Fins & Things

20220415_153054.jpg

Hogs Canyon

20211002_134638 (1).jpg

Hogs Canyon

20211228_141138.jpg

Toroweap Overlook - Grand Canyon

20220528_164509.jpg

San Rafael Swell

20210906_115933.jpg

20220702_142702.jpg

20220702_170854.jpg
I like your assessment.
So far we've only had 1300 miles on ours and about a month and 10 days. I love everything about it EXCEPT one thing. It may also be the reason I will get rid of it..... I HATE THE SMALL GAS TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
outstanding!! I hope to have one some day lol. gonna put it against some built jeeps (friends) and really see the strengths and weaknesses.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet the weight of the surburban was what made it feel more cushy on the rough trails. Its almost a 1/2 ton heavier.

How are the tires holding up after 20K miles? This is my first time on a vehicle with KO2s and was curious what to expect

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are the tires holding up after 20K miles? This is my first time on a vehicle with KO2s and was curious what to expect
Treadwear seems to be very good. When new, the KO2s are supposed to have 15/32" of tread. I just measured the back and they appear to have about 12/32" left.

Ford Bronco A Year with our Bronco - Adventures, Likes, Dislikes 20220719_080349

I bet the weight of the surburban was what made it feel more cushy on the rough trails. Its almost a 1/2 ton heavier.
That's interesting. What weight figure are you using for the Suburban? The number that I have for curb weight for the Suburban is 5,307 lbs and Bronco is at 5,117 lbs. That is a difference of only 190 lbs.

I believe the difference in ride quality is in the shock valving. The Bronco's shocks are valved more firmly than the Suburban's shocks. I probably just need to go jump it more to loosen them up a bit. 😁

Sponsored

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife and I have had our 4-door Badlands Bronco for one year and it has been great! We have just under 20,000 miles on it and it has not been a Pavement Princess. Here is a list of the off-road adventures that we have been on.

• Fins & Things, UT
• Boulder Mountain, UT
• Mount Logan, UT
• Latour Baldy, ID
• Box Elder County, UT

1. The power and torque! Driving the 2.7 engine and the 10-speed auto has been magical! It is fun to drive!
3. Interior comfort and room. We have the High package and love the technology. Also love the MGV seats and rubberized flooring.
4. Off-road capability.

1. Allow the sway bar to be disconnected while in 4A. Come on @Ford Motor Company , even the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon can do this!
2. Harsh ride. Most of our off-road driving is on moderately rocky roads between 5 and 20 miles per hour. The shock valving is very stiff for this type of riding. We almost always air down which does help.
3. Instrument cluster – Analog speedometer is a waste of space. Also wish it had a gear indicator while in auto mode.

One of our bigger complaints was with the noisy hard top. But we just had it replaced a week ago with MIC 2.0. Due to a dealer mistake, our original hard top did not have the sound deadening headliner. The new one came with it and I am happy to say that there is a noticeable reduction in sound. We are very happy with it!

The only warranty issue we have had is with the transfer case. It was leaking oil and our dealership replaced the rear seal. Another shout-out to Frank at Ken Garff Ford!

NOTE: I have owned at least one 4-wheel drive vehicle at any given time for the past 35+ years. My first was when I was 16. None of these vehicles have ever had a catastrophic failure. Things have stopped working on some of them and have needed to be repaired but none have ever left me stranded.

Our Bronco replaced a 2005 Chevy Suburban with the 5.3 V8. It had the Eaton locking rear differential which made the Suburban very off-road capable for what it was. We did a lot of off-road exploring with it and the powertrain was always very reliable. Overall, it had uninspiring performance but was boringly reliable. Change the oil, clean the air filter, fill it with gas and away we would go.

The Bronco’s performance and off-road capability is superior to the Suburban in almost every way. The only thing I miss about the Suburban is it's more comfortable ride when on rough and rocky roads. But the Bronco is WAY MORE FUN to drive. It has more torque than any other vehicle we have ever owned. And my wife makes fun of my grin every time I crest a steep incline faster than we ever could have with our other vehicles. I LOVE IT!

I have never headed out on a trip and thought to myself, “Maybe we shouldn’t go because we might break down.” That is important, even critical, to me because I am in a wheelchair. If we ever did have a catastrophic breakdown, it may be catastrophic for us as well. Usually when we go on our adventures, we have another vehicle with us. But not always. My passion is the out-doors and one of my favorite things to do is go exploring and see new things.

But our Bronco with its 2.7 engine has been giving me some anxiety lately because the engine falls within the “danger zone” of valve problems. Now that we have 20,000 miles on her, are we “out of the woods”? Only Ford can answer that (I hope) but their silence on the issue doesn’t inspire any confidence. So do I change my lifestyle because of the increased risk? Do I park it until all this gets sorted out? Probably not. More than likely, we will just continue to explore and pray that “it” never happens to us. 😊

Enjoy the photos!

Ford Bronco A Year with our Bronco - Adventures, Likes, Dislikes 20220719_080349

White Rim Trail

White Rim Trail

Fins & Things

Fins & Things

Hogs Canyon

Hogs Canyon

San Rafael Swell

All I can say is WOW!
Oh and I'm jealous.
I have 4 years to retirement and than I hope to enjoy some of that.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
But we just had it replaced a week ago with MIC 2.0.
Nice write up- I also just passed the one year mark and next week I'm getting my MIC 2.0.
My understanding is that on the back shell they reuse the back glass and install new side glass.
Is that correct and about how long did it take ?
Did the headliner come pre-installed ? -Thanks

Oisinirish

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4 door. Sasquatch. Manual
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• Fins & Things, UT
• Boulder Mountain, UT
• Mount Logan, UT
• Latour Baldy, ID
• Box Elder County, UT

4. Off-road capability.

1. Allow the sway bar to be disconnected while in 4A. Come on @Ford Motor Company , even the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon can do this!

Enjoy the photos!

White Rim Trail

White Rim Trail

Fins & Things

Fins & Things

Hogs Canyon

Hogs Canyon

San Rafael Swell

If you’re really concerned about being stranded get a spot locator beacon or a Garmin inreach.
real popular with the wilderness canoeing crowd.

Oisinirish

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4 door. Sasquatch. Manual
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you’re really concerned about being stranded get a spot locator beacon or a Garmin inreach.
real popular with the wilderness canoeing crowd.
Ford Bronco A Year with our Bronco - Adventures, Likes, Dislikes 0E18DA7E-8152-442E-A46F-CA69AC0B876D

OP
OP
sledboy

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice write up- I also just passed the one year mark and next week I'm getting my MIC 2.0.
My understanding is that on the back shell they reuse the back glass and install new side glass.
Is that correct and about how long did it take ?
Did the headliner come pre-installed ? -Thanks
That is correct. They reuse the back glass but install new side glass at the dealer. They were supposed to have had the side glass installed before we got there but they didn't. Total time took about two and a half hours.

Sponsored

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome post! Hope to check off your list whenever my Bronco arrives!!

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A year without our Bronco
Ford Bronco A Year with our Bronco - Adventures, Likes, Dislikes 19931149-A0DE-4215-A4AA-3ED1EF1FCB9C

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I HATE THE SMALL GAS TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10K on my odo, and I am 110% with you on this. My FSB has an aftermarket 36 gallon tank, and beside the pain in my wallet when that tank is as dry as an old woman, the tiny tank in my '21 makes me feel like I'm in the fuel station way too frequently.

My other gripe is the size of the damn key fob. With electronics having the ability to get smaller and smaller, I can't find any valid reason for the fob to be as large as it is. My wife picked up a Lincoln Corsair a few weeks ago, and that fob is slightly larger than my Bronco fob. I can't imagine having both of those mammoths on one key chain (and I don't) - but for God's sake Ford/Lincoln... consider making these beasts smaller!!!

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Treadwear seems to be very good. When new, the KO2s are supposed to have 15/32" of tread. I just measured the back and they appear to have about 12/32" left.

Ford Bronco A Year with our Bronco - Adventures, Likes, Dislikes 19931149-A0DE-4215-A4AA-3ED1EF1FCB9C

That's interesting. What weight figure are you using for the Suburban? The number that I have for curb weight for the Suburban is 5,307 lbs and Bronco is at 5,117 lbs. That is a difference of only 190 lbs.

I believe the difference in ride quality is in the shock valving. The Bronco's shocks are valved more firmly than the Suburban's shocks. I probably just need to go jump it more to loosen them up a bit. 😁
The biggest difference in ride quality is likely attributable to the Suburban's longer wheelbase - the longer the wb, the smoother the ride all else being equal.

bombtastic

Base
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Base

• Fins & Things, UT
• Boulder Mountain, UT
• Mount Logan, UT
• Latour Baldy, ID
• Box Elder County, UT

4. Off-road capability.

Enjoy the photos!

White Rim Trail

White Rim Trail

Fins & Things

Fins & Things

Hogs Canyon

Hogs Canyon

San Rafael Swell

Thanks for sharing, looks like you've had a blast with it and I look forward to receiving mine in late 2022 or early 2023!
Sponsored