First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder what @flip or @BravoV4 would say about the mileage.

(both dealers)
Too many miles. Ford will sometimes choose a vehicle to Quality Control check and drive it for a few miles. Our mannequin actually had 18 on the Odo when it got delivered and had a piece of paper on one of the windows stating how many miles they put on.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder what @flip or @BravoV4 would say about the mileage.

(both dealers)
I'll start with the window scratches and roof damage. Hope they noted on bill of lading so they can file a transport damage claim (even though it isn't and most likely left the factory like this). Our one and only (priority) came in with all 6 side windows with scratches in the top corners like the OP's pic. This is not transport damage but a claim has to be filed as such.

Mileage? Meh. The factory used to affix a sticker on the window that said someone at the factory drove the vehicle xxx miles for QC, not sure if they still do. I know some of you don't like that answer but if the dealer did their normal PDI, it's possible they put 10 or so miles on to do the normal function checks. It's possible they drove, maybe saw an issue, did a repair and redrove. If the dealer didn't put the miles on it, there is almost no way to know who or why. I get the fact no one want's their vehicle to be used for test drives without permission. I might seem a little indifferent because I'm around vehicles all day and don't see this come up much. The warranty start mileage should be adjusted to account for the additional mileage. I know that's not the point but it's what the current situation is. As a side note, we don't do excessive drives unless needed to fix a problem. What they have on the odo when it get's here is out of our control.

For me, the big issues are the glass and top. We didn't see the glass when the transport driver unloaded, one of our detail guys saw it while washing. Make sure you check all the windows closely before driving off the lot. The top, well, just consider yourself MIC'd for awhile until they figure out how they are going to fix things. As long as it's documented with a repair order, not a verbal statement from you sales person, you should be GTG.

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll start with the window scratches and roof damage. Hope they noted on bill of lading so they can file a transport damage claim (even though it isn't and most likely left the factory like this). Our one and only (priority) came in with all 6 side windows with scratches in the top corners like the OP's pic. This is not transport damage but a claim has to be filed as such.

Mileage? Meh. The factory used to affix a sticker on the window that said someone at the factory drove the vehicle xxx miles for QC, not sure if they still do. I know some of you don't like that answer but if the dealer did their normal PDI, it's possible they put 10 or so miles on to do the normal function checks. It's possible they drove, maybe saw an issue, did a repair and redrove. If the dealer didn't put the miles on it, there is almost no way to know who or why. I get the fact no one want's their vehicle to be used for test drives without permission. I might seem a little indifferent because I'm around vehicles all day and don't see this come up much. The warranty start mileage should be adjusted to account for the additional mileage. I know that's not the point but it's what the current situation is. As a side note, we don't do excessive drives unless needed to fix a problem. What they have on the odo when it get's here is out of our control.

For me, the big issues are the glass and top. We didn't see the glass when the transport driver unloaded, one of our detail guys saw it while washing. Make sure you check all the windows closely before driving off the lot. The top, well, just consider yourself MIC'd for awhile until they figure out how they are going to fix things. As long as it's documented with a repair order, not a verbal statement from you sales person, you should be GTG.
Thank you. This is extremely helpful and good to know

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update on the roof:

From Sales- A new center panel has been ordered to replace this one, 7-10 day quote. Can't pick up today and they'll advise tomorrow if I can pick it up. They believe it was damaged in shipping, they'll be making the repair regardless but internally they're arguing over who is responsible for the cost(Transporter or Ford).

What I think- Looks like a factory defect to me, it would have taken a lot of pressure in the area to create a "dent" like that without damaging any of the surrounding area. I believe(correct me if I'm wrong) the white markings are from the factory(similar to "Bad Top") and not applied by the transporter(cause why would they highlight damage they inflicted), and I was told the car had not yet been inspected by the dealership when I saw it/took the pics. The car also sat for 3wks after being built, presumably because of the bad top

Plus side- I know the mileage that was on it when I inspected it, will be real interesting to see how many are on it when I pick it up

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First and second posts both updated

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Excellent!! Wow, that is my build, almost to a T. Mine will be race red and add the keyless entry and a block heater, otherwise, same.

Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy!

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats! Same build but Cactus Gray... fingers crossed it's coming soon!

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congrats on your new rig, did you go cloth or leather?
I went with the leather(trimmed vinyl). I can’t tell which part is leather and which part is vinyl. It’s comfortable, looks good, though the two tone is kinda weird. It’s not a euro grade leather, we’ll see how it holds up

Best pictures I could get with the lighting

5C303D9F-2A9C-4CA3-9F29-0318AC44BE1E.jpeg

FE363133-F109-4EA9-BDCF-15B288A21CA7.jpeg

85130952-C000-44B9-A6F2-155C2785BD6F.jpeg

Attachments

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like that you went with the stock front bumper setup. Havent seen too many with it. It appears I have the same build except in VB…still waiting of course.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like that you went with the stock front bumper setup. Havent seen too many with it. It appears I have the same build except in VB…still waiting of course.
I like the look of the steel bumper, but I didn't want to give up the fogs off the bat, and I'm not sure how I feel about the brush bar. I'd prefer if this bumper weren't all plastic, so I've been checking out some of the aftermarket offerings. Maybe someday I'll replace it, but for function this does exactly what I need

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I keep editing and building the first post as I go but its a pain. So here come the new ones

I've driven a "car" for 20+ years, Honda Accord Coupes, VW Golf R. I'm much more performance oriented, concerned with 0-60 times and road holding, rarely have passengers and only 1 if I do. Past few years though my needs have changed. Constant trips to Home Depot for projects around the house, squeezing the mountain bike in for trips to the trail, unimproved roads for hikes and exploring, serious girlfriend(future wife) with two young boys(who love dirt). The need for something different, something that won't get damaged in a rutted gravel lot, more room for tools and tools cam about.

Since I was a little kid i was always into cars and trucks, more so trucks at that point, so I've always appreciated what was out there(though never a Jeep lover). First saw the Bronco concept at the NY Auto Show back around '04. It was awesome then and I guess the thought always stuck with me. So when the new Bronco actually became a reality I was hooked. Now we're here and theres no turning back

Ford Bronco A51 4dr Wildtrak Delivery and Future Build 1627659139976

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Beautiful Bronco! That is the best looking MIC top that I've seen - no exposed/rough edges! I hope that means that the manufacturing issues have been resolved.

Question - do your headrests have the ratcheting adjustment? That will verify (or not) if the power seats have that.

OP
OP
JTK37

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Beautiful Bronco! That is the best looking MIC top that I've seen - no exposed/rough edges! I hope that means that the manufacturing issues have been resolved.

Question - do your headrests have the ratcheting adjustment? That will verify (or not) if the power seats have that.
Yes they do. You’re able to change the vertical angle of the headrests. Move them all the way to reset back to the most upright position
Sponsored