Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco ABCs of Off-roading - Ford Bronco: Articulation, Breakover Angle, Crawl Ratio a

A is for Articulation. Articulation is what helps keep us all grounded. Literally. It helps make your tires stay on the ground, even when taking on the tough types of wild that make the wild...wild.

Ford Bronco ABCs of Off-roading - Ford Bronco: Articulation, Breakover Angle, Crawl Ratio b

B is for Breakover Angle. Breakover Angle is a fancy term that means "how big of stuff can I go over?" More or less. Luckily, the Bronco™ 2-Door models have available maximum Breakover Angle that's best-in-class. Which is a fancy term that means "29 degrees."

Ford Bronco ABCs of Off-roading - Ford Bronco: Articulation, Breakover Angle, Crawl Ratio c

C is for Crawl Ratio. Crawl Ratios are a complicated math equation that determines the torque multiplication between the engine and the tires for crawling over big rocks. Bronco™ has best-in-class available Crawl Ratio. Which for anyone keeping track, is 94.75:1.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just noticed that the first pic has a soft-top and ugly wheels while the others are hardtops with nice wheels.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what's the Approach Angle with the optional WARN winch kit?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what's the Approach Angle with the optional WARN winch kit?
I'm guessing bad. Pretty disappointed with the setup we've seen. If they could pull the winch in a bit tighter and bump it up a bit I think I could live with it, but that would block the camera if you get the High or Lux packages.

Another option would be to go into the bumper itself, but that would block the intercooler and/or sensors for cruise control and other safety features. Kind of a lose-lose situation. Hopefully aftermarket fixes it.

I do believe one of the Ford engineers at the event in Colorado said it wasn't final though. So hopefully it gets tweaked a little for the better.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another option would be to go into the bumper itself, but that would block the intercooler and/or sensors for cruise control and other safety features. Kind of a lose-lose situation. Hopefully aftermarket fixes it.
Anyone who can add 1+1 out to be able to figure out that a lot of Bronco's are going to get bumpers and grille guards etc. They had better have placed or designed those sensors and camera's with that in mind.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone who can add 1+1 out to be able to figure out that a lot of Bronco's are going to get bumpers and grille guards etc. They had better have placed or designed those sensors and camera's with that in mind.
I think that's what everyone is hoping... Ford would lose a lot of money on upgraded packages if swapping bumpers caused you to lose some of the features.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think that's what everyone is hoping... Ford would lose a lot of money on upgraded packages if swapping bumpers caused you to lose some of the features.
It would also make aftermarket bumpers more expensive and more complicated, if they had to somehow retain those features in their design.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would also make aftermarket bumpers more expensive and more complicated, if they had to somehow retain those features in their design.
From Ford's perspective that could just mean they retain control over who is granted the details of how to make those parts work ... and in exchange Ford gets a payment and or slice of the sales. Corp's are always looking for ways exploit more customers.

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just noticed that the first pic has a soft-top and ugly wheels while the others are hardtops with nice wheels.
Not a fan of the Badlands beadlock wheels? I actually like them more than the Sasquatch beadlock wheels, and depending on $$, I will be selecting them with my Badlands build.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm guessing bad. Pretty disappointed with the setup we've seen. If they could pull the winch in a bit tighter and bump it up a bit I think I could live with it, but that would block the camera if you get the High or Lux packages.

I do believe one of the Ford engineers at the event in Colorado said it wasn't final though. So hopefully it gets tweaked a little for the better.
The first company to add a centrally mounted winch that provides a front or rear pull will knock everyone on their ass. Unfortunately it will probably be on the Cybertruck.

Front and rear pull, no overhanging bumper, not exposing synthetic lines to UV rays, and free spooling from in cab. Only downside is that it costs twice the price to engineer. But you get FRONT and REAR pull!

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first company to add a centrally mounted winch that provides a front or rear pull will knock everyone on their ass. Unfortunately it will probably be on the Cybertruck.

Front and rear pull, no overhanging bumper, not exposing synthetic lines to UV rays, and free spooling from in cab. Only downside is that it costs twice the price to engineer. But you get FRONT and REAR pull!
Or add a winch the rear bumper too. ;)

Costs twice as much as one winch, but not nearly as much to engineer! :ROFLMAO:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Corp's are always looking for ways exploit more customers.
Making things people want to buy is exploitation? Speak for yourself...I’m not some pansy victim that gets “exploited” when I choose to buy something.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Making things people want to buy is exploitation? Speak for yourself...I’m not some pansy victim that gets “exploited” when I choose to buy something.
Building in such a way that forces you to buy approved accessories in order to keep the stuff you paid for working is the kind of manipulation I'm talking about. That kind of design prevents you from just making your own or buying one from a local shop.

So to return your obtuse epithet I'm not some pansy victim who limits myself to accessories Ford allows me to choose from.
Sponsored