Sponsored

About that carpet behind the rear seats……

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The floor liners you can get from Ford actually look pretty good, but Def looking forward to see how aftermarket solves the carpet on the back of the seat
I agree Chris. I had a set of Ford liners in my previous F-150, and the wife has them in her Mustang. I'm so impressed with the quality of those I ordered the Bronco liners. I would think Ford will have their cargo liners ready when regular production begins.
Sponsored

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As an FJ Cruiser owner, just wanted to chime in about how beat-up and scratched the backs of my rear seats are after 12-13 years.

I’ve often lamented how carpet would have prevented all the scratches from folding the seats down and hauling things.

Yes, a dog may shed some hair on carpet, but my hunting dogs over the years put some nice scratches on my seat backs from their toe nails too.

I agree completely Wes. I've had 2 FJs over the past 14 years & to this day I cringe at the state of my cargo area & the back of the rear seats when I open the back door. I have a floor protector back there but no matter how careful I try to be I've got battle scars on the rest of the cargo area. I'll be on the lookout for aftermarket solutions, but not real hopeful given the nature of the beast. Hell, I'd settle on replacing the cargo area hard surfaces every few years if I don't have to disassemble the vehicle in the process!

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
*something something something dog hair on the back of the car seat*
I'm sorry but if dog hair is an issue, you're not a dog person.

*goes back to fighting with wife about how the dog should be allowed to sleep in the recliner and yes, if the dog wants to wear my shoe on it's nose, I'm fine with that*

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this topic has been bounced around a bit in the forums but as we get closer to owning a Bronco I’ve been giving the carpet dilemma some thought. I have a 4 door BD on order, primarily chosen because I’m an outdoorsman with a ton of gear, a kid and a yellow Lab who sheds like a January Christmas tree..
-First, has anyone seen or heard of a rear seat back protector being offered as a Ford accessory??
-Second, has anyone come up with a creative idea to cover up the rear seat-back carpet??
Im thinking of buying one of those customizable rubber vehicle mats that you can trim to size, cut it to fit and utilize some 3M heavy duty outdoor Velcro tape all around perimeter then run an X pattern through center to keep it from buckling or sagging.. I hope Ford offers something, my previous company car had one (Outback) and with the seat down it just became an extension of the cargo area..
thoughts??
staple in neoprene or vinyl that is likely what I will do or potentially sew it if I am feeling brave

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sorry but if dog hair is an issue, you're not a dog person.

*goes back to fighting with wife about how the dog should be allowed to sleep in the recliner and yes, if the dog wants to wear my shoe on it's nose, I'm fine with that*
Exactly. Dog hair shouldn't be a problem
Ford Bronco About that carpet behind the rear seats…… 63588443789__D3C2748D-924A-43FA-B06E-50153BD4215B

Sponsored

Bohlmbo

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1966 Mustang, 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had these in my 4Runner and they worked great. Mainly because the back of the 4Runner seats had tan carpeting and I was trying to stay away from dog paw mud and dirt. They Velcro in and can be pulled out and washed if needed. I did not put anything on my current JK because the carpet is black and doesn't show the dirt as much.

https://www.canvasback.com/suv-cargo-liners/

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had these in my 4Runner and they worked great. Mainly because the back of the 4Runner seats had tan carpeting and I was trying to stay away from dog paw mud and dirt. They Velcro in and can be pulled out and washed if needed. I did not put anything on my current JK because the carpet is black and doesn't show the dirt as much.

https://www.canvasback.com/suv-cargo-liners/
This looks like a perfect solution! Thanks for sharing.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my 1978 build I’m not installing any carpet. All bedliner coating to interior maybe some all weather floor mats. So this new Bronco I really don’t want carpet installed. All weather proof and easy clean for me. The marine grade vinyl seats easy to keep clean. Don’t know about y’all but I truly plan on driving this new Bronco off road. Yes I plan on taking a new 50k vehicle off road, it is going to get muddy probably a scratch or few on the fenders. Want a full brush guard to go on the front, yes I have a tube bender and a welder I will make one if after market doesn’t have what I think it should be on my Bronco. It a 4 wheel drive off road vehicle with 35” mud terrains and GOAT mode from the factory. Let’s go off road.

Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since my 2 Dr will have the rear seats down more often than not, I've got to come up with something; shame I have to pay extra for such obvious protection in a Badlands no less.
Call Lloyd’s Mats they make very high quality mats both carpet and all weather. I’m sure they can do a regular all weather trunk liner and a matching mat to cover the seat backs when folded down.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AM I THE ONLY INE WHO DOESN'T GIVE A SH_T ABOUT THE MATERIAL ON THE BACK OF THE REAR SEATS???
Nope. I understand everyone's concerns, and question why Ford didn't make a continuation of the rear cargo area floor on the back of the rear seats. However, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T GIVE A SH_T ABOUT THE MATERIAL ON THE BACK OF THE REAR SEATS???
Yes you are. We can assume you are one of "those people" that have carpet in a vehicle. :rolleyes:
Sponsored