Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the issue where my Bronco makes a bunch of clicking sounds then lights randomly turn on in the night. Pretty wild when camping. Also have the issue from this thread. Only happens when I have the doors off, but only sometimes. Car freaks out and engages the parking brake. Video linked:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kufcu8DBBpCwQVfS6

Not sure if my issue in the video is the same as everyone else's, but talked to the dealer about my issue today and they said replacement modules are available in November to take care of it.
Sponsored

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good morning! Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I will look into this dashboard warning concern on my end. Thank you!
Thank you, I have started a conversation and included my vin.

Tork

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you, I have started a conversation and included my vin.
I had exactly the same situation as you, my dealer found a failed left front wheel speed sensor. All of the same dash lights and symptoms. I would concentrate on the wheel sensors.

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had exactly the same situation as you, my dealer found a failed left front wheel speed sensor. All of the same dash lights and symptoms. I would concentrate on the wheel sensors.
The wheel speed sensors all check out ok now. Ford contacted me but it was a pointless venture as they didn’t really seem concerned to get to the bottom of the problem. I have purchased all four wheel speed sensors/abs sensors as well as a obd device to keep on the truck from here on out. This is a serious problem that has potential to leave people stranded, as I was. I hope Ford steps up and takes this problem seriously.

OP
OP
centra28

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wheel speed sensors all check out ok now. Ford contacted me but it was a pointless venture as they didn’t really seem concerned to get to the bottom of the problem. I have purchased all four wheel speed sensors/abs sensors as well as a obd device to keep on the truck from here on out. This is a serious problem that has potential to leave people stranded, as I was. I hope Ford steps up and takes this problem seriously.
There should definitely be more high level tracking or investigation into this issue. At least some center resource that dealer shops could reference.

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure if my issue in the video is the same as everyone else's, but talked to the dealer about my issue today and they said replacement modules are available in November to take care of it.
November? Did they say if it will be a recall or just a tsb? Probably a tsb…🫤

turtle553

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same issue with intermittent ABS warnings. When it happens, it feels like the normal brakes aren't working at all and it stops by engaging the emergency brake (tires lock and squeal when stopping). Left it at the dealer last night and they said it's a software issue that Ford is aware of with no resolution timeframe. Did anyone else get told this?

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happened to me with 40 miles on the truck on way home from dealer in pouring rain. Stopped to go to bathroom and it cleared. Chalking it up to an undercharged battery. Hasn't happened in the 2 weeks since. Told dealer and they said to let them know if it happens again.

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same issue with intermittent ABS warnings. When it happens, it feels like the normal brakes aren't working at all and it stops by engaging the emergency brake (tires lock and squeal when stopping). Left it at the dealer last night and they said it's a software issue that Ford is aware of with no resolution timeframe. Did anyone else get told this?
General conclusion is a software issue but my dealership just gave me my truck back and said there’s nothing they can do

Treesap98

Black Diamond
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am having the exact same issue: three vehicle alerts pop up: Antilock Brake Fault, Hill Start Assist Warning and Pre-Collision Assist Not Available on my Black Diamond. We have yet to take the doors off, but this has now happened twice and I literally just got it back from the dealer two days ago. Less than 1200 miles. Any fixes that people have come up with?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am having the exact same issue: three vehicle alerts pop up: Antilock Brake Fault, Hill Start Assist Warning and Pre-Collision Assist Not Available on my Black Diamond. We have yet to take the doors off, but this has now happened twice and I literally just got it back from the dealer two days ago. Less than 1200 miles. Any fixes that people have come up with?
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Badness

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 1968 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had this issue over the weekend while traveling. I pulled over and pulled the battery cables off waited five minutes and reconnected. The error remained- so I continued my trip, three miles down the road it went off and hasn't occurred since. that was 300 miles ago.

Treesap98

Black Diamond
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Done! TY!

Electricjd

Wildtrak
First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@fordmotorcompany - you keep dropping into this thread and asking people to PM you. Is there any chance we can get an update from your side? I received a “case number”; had my Bronco into the dealer (twice); tried the online platforms - all to get some feedback on this issue. It would be very helpful and meaningful to get some feedback please. Thanks for considering..

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happened to me the other day (thankfully on the freeway and not on the dirt) - proceeded by the speedo displaying 1/2 the actual speed.

I looked down to discover I was going 40 rather than 80. I suspected it was coming and then it did. Cleared itself next time I started it.

The dealer swapped the right and left wheel speed sensors 2 months back, but the error shows as still being in the right rear sensor. So in my case, it ain't the sensors. My suspicion is wiring somewhere.

When they do drop a TSB, I'm definitely gonna make the dealer apply it.
Sponsored