First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driving home on the hwy about 55-60 mph ABS light came on and received a text message stating Rear RH speed Sensor fault , all systems disabled.
I have around 1,260 miles on it .

7CB2AEEB-572D-4802-BB77-3690549A4B18.jpeg
So update - you might try this !!
I pulled the right rear speed sensor out (8mm socket) and found little metal shaving stuck to the sensor, I wiped it clean and reinstalled the sensor and went for a drive within about a 1/2 mile the light went out and all is back to normal. Took less than 5 minutes.
Sponsored

BD In The Rough

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been having this same set of codes! They would happen every time I started her for days, then clear for a few days, then come back. I finally brought her to the dealer when I also lost break pedal pressure when driving. Well she's been at the dealer for a month now with no solution. They changed the rear speed sensor out twice, and yesterday they changed the ABS module and it still didn't fix the issue. I've had her since Oct 2021 and have about 12000 miles on her. I'm afraid she'll never get fixed...

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I consistently see new people having this issue and posting new threads. Ford has done nothing to solve this problem and doesn’t really seemed concerned with finding a solution.

Ozbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4 door, 2.7 litre, cactus grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me too, but not as bad as some report. 2023 Badlands with a little less than a grand on the odo. At around 500 miles I took a short drive, parked and went away for about 2 hours and when I came back and opened the door, I got the "parking brake fault service now" flag (maybe it was when I started it). I had used the parking brake once several days before. I started up and it went away. No fault shows up in Ford Pass. Has not come back since. Went on a 100 mile trip today with several off/on cycles and no flag. Called the dealer when it happened and they want it for a couple days, with me footing the bill for a loaner.

I'm in my 60's, have owned a lot of cars. This is my first Ford. Not an auspicious start. Other than this it seems like a pretty solid rig.

Last edited:

773badger

Raptor
First Name
Tarek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor Code Orange
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 2023 bronco raptor. Have had it 3 days and coincidentally on a small road trip and got this errror. Despite parking the vehicle and coming back to it several times. It hasn’t cleared itself.

Sponsored

DMM_78

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 23 Braptor with 500 miles and had the same thing happen. I was driving to the airport and got the advance track message, followed by an ABS light, collision assist not available, parking sensor fault, and the engine would actually surge. I'm taking it in this afternoon.

205BEF83-5683-4673-9875-96F2FBF4F5AD.png

DMM_78

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The right rear wheel speed sensor and the ABS module seem to be the issue. Hopefully parts aren't a problem.

mj63

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The right rear wheel speed sensor and the ABS module seem to be the issue. Hopefully parts aren't a problem.
THe ABS module throws a bunch of diagnostic trouble codes if there is a wheelspeed sensor failure (by design). Fix the wheelspeed sensor, the rest of the codes should go away once that is done.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Figured I'd chime in and share my experience with this. I got pretty much all the same error codes shown in the original post (aside from being in eco mode and the clicking brake pedal) so I went to check out the speed sensor after seeing it recommended here. After pulling out my speed sensor, I found a chunk of grey RTV/silicone stuck to it, so I removed it and all the codes went way after a short drive. Not sure where the RTV came from and if it's a cause for concern, but I have pictures here: Link to my post

Hope this can help some of the people who are having the same issues

DMM_78

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Update-ABS sensor was unplugged. They plugged it back in and took it for a test drive.

Sponsored

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update on a old post. I never got anywhere with Ford on this issue and they refuse to admit that there is a electrical glitch in the computer that could leave you stranded. Yesterday, while driving Cliff Hanger with the Bronco Safari group, I had this wheel speed sensor glitch happen again. I figured out that disconnecting the battery and discharging the system will reset the codes and allow my 4wd to reengage. By the time I was off of the trail I had this electrical glitch happen 4 different times. The Bronco Safari leaders will be discussing not allowing the 6g Broncos on the more difficult trails due to these issues. Thanks Ford for not stepping up here and resolving this problem. By the way, I was told of another Bronco having this issue on the Top of the World run yesterday as well. Ford it’s time to admit this problem and fix it! @Ford Motor Company

Last edited:

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this happened to me today while out wheeling with friends.. right rear wheel speed sensor causing all kinds of lights on the dash. luckily we had made it through the difficult part of the trail and I was able to get out with 2wd... and by the time I aired back up and got on the highway, the error lights all went away within a few miles of driving.. but want to know how to fix this on the trail if I need to.

GiaMia

Black Diamond
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will have had my Bronco for 4 weeks tomorrow (picked up with 7 miles on Sat 7/16/22). I have less than 800 miles, and 100% stock 4 door Badlands Sasquatch with the 2.7 L v6 and High Package.

I was driving on the highway in ECO mode, just normal driving. Someone slides in front of me at an uncomfortable distance, so I press the brake to slow a little. When I pressed the brake it felt like the ABS was engaging. I felt a quick click click click in the pedal, and it just sounded weird. I did not slam the brakes or anything weird, it was a normal soft press to grow distance between me and the vehicle in front of me. I switched lanes, slowed down a little more and heard a similar noise then all of these warning lights kicked in:

• Antilock Brake Fault
  • Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
  • Service AdvanceTrac

It all happened so quick I wasn't able to read all of the messages in detail, but it also said driver mode disengaged, or no longer available and switched me back to normal drive mode. There was also a message that the traction control and ABS was disengaged.

Other than the initial weird clicking and disengaging the drive mode, the vehicle was driving fine, just with 3 warning lights above. I pulled off at the nearest exit and stopped to turn the vehicle off then on (hoping it would reset). When I did I also received a "Park Aid Fault". I was able to get a couple of pictures of the warning lights and fault messages at this point.

Ford Bronco ABS light, Service AdvanceTrac, Park Aid Fault, etc 205BEF83-5683-4673-9875-96F2FBF4F5AD

Ford Bronco ABS light, Service AdvanceTrac, Park Aid Fault, etc 205BEF83-5683-4673-9875-96F2FBF4F5AD

I tried turning the vehicle off (letting it shut down completely) and then back on a couple times but I still kept getting the same alerts. Fortunately I was able to drive home. When I got home I turned it off and just left it for a while. I went back a few hours later, hoping that it would magically be fine, but it's not! Now I have additional fault messages. I noticed that received the messages to my Ford Pass app on the initial faults. I read the messages and the solutions on how to fix. They didn't apply, so they weren't really helpful. I will post them too.

-The tires are the stock Sasquatch wheels/tires

-The grill was clean, but I did wipe it down just to be sure (to no avail)

Total alerts going on at this point (and it's just all out of the blue! literally nothing rough or weird, I didn't run into anything or run over a puddle. I was literally just driving home from work like any other day.)

• Park Aid Fault
  • Antilock Brake Fault
  • Service AdvanceTrac
  • Park Break Fault Service Now
  • Drive Mode Not Available (I cannot switch drive modes)
I am going to check with the dealer tomorrow, see if they can get me in to have service take a look. I am hoping it's an easy computer reset - but I will keep everyone posted. I tried to search the forums for some similar issues, but I didn't come up with anything. The closest thing I saw was a thread on a thumping noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. After I pulled back onto the highway with the faults I did hear a weird thump, but I couldn't tell if it was some debris from the road or the vehicle itself. I'll be keeping my ears out for that as well.

Pics to come, and will update once I talk to the dealer. Hope that nobody else has these issues.

some additional faults once I got home:

I will have had my Bronco for 4 weeks tomorrow (picked up with 7 miles on Sat 7/16/22). I have less than 800 miles, and 100% stock 4 door Badlands Sasquatch with the 2.7 L v6 and High Package.

I was driving on the highway in ECO mode, just normal driving. Someone slides in front of me at an uncomfortable distance, so I press the brake to slow a little. When I pressed the brake it felt like the ABS was engaging. I felt a quick click click click in the pedal, and it just sounded weird. I did not slam the brakes or anything weird, it was a normal soft press to grow distance between me and the vehicle in front of me. I switched lanes, slowed down a little more and heard a similar noise then all of these warning lights kicked in:

• Antilock Brake Fault
  • Service AdvanceTrac

It all happened so quick I wasn't able to read all of the messages in detail, but it also said driver mode disengaged, or no longer available and switched me back to normal drive mode. There was also a message that the traction control and ABS was disengaged.

Other than the initial weird clicking and disengaging the drive mode, the vehicle was driving fine, just with 3 warning lights above. I pulled off at the nearest exit and stopped to turn the vehicle off then on (hoping it would reset). When I did I also received a "Park Aid Fault". I was able to get a couple of pictures of the warning lights and fault messages at this point.

I tried turning the vehicle off (letting it shut down completely) and then back on a couple times but I still kept getting the same alerts. Fortunately I was able to drive home. When I got home I turned it off and just left it for a while. I went back a few hours later, hoping that it would magically be fine, but it's not! Now I have additional fault messages. I noticed that received the messages to my Ford Pass app on the initial faults. I read the messages and the solutions on how to fix. They didn't apply, so they weren't really helpful. I will post them too.

-The tires are the stock Sasquatch wheels/tires

-The grill was clean, but I did wipe it down just to be sure (to no avail)

Total alerts going on at this point (and it's just all out of the blue! literally nothing rough or weird, I didn't run into anything or run over a puddle. I was literally just driving home from work like any other day.)

• Park Aid Fault
  • Antilock Brake Fault
  • Service AdvanceTrac
  • Park Break Fault Service Now
  • Drive Mode Not Available (I cannot switch drive modes)
I am going to check with the dealer tomorrow, see if they can get me in to have service take a look. I am hoping it's an easy computer reset - but I will keep everyone posted. I tried to search the forums for some similar issues, but I didn't come up with anything. The closest thing I saw was a thread on a thumping noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. After I pulled back onto the highway with the faults I did hear a weird thump, but I couldn't tell if it was some debris from the road or the vehicle itself. I'll be keeping my ears out for that as well.

Pics to come, and will update once I talk to the dealer. Hope that nobody else has these issues.

some additional faults once I got home:

Hi. Did you ever find out what it was? I just had the same exact issue today on my brand new Bronco which has 400 miles. Thank you.

OP
OP
centra28

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi. Did you ever find out what it was? I just had the same exact issue today on my brand new Bronco which has 400 miles. Thank you.
No, the lights went off before my appointment. They told me they couldn’t find any issues since there were no warnings or faults active. I ended up selling my Bronco after 3 months of ownership, so I no longer have it.

Toys6g

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks 4 door non SAS 2" lift;
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have had my 21 OBX non SAS for almost a year and it just happened to me. Have had the park said and distance fails before but not the whole thing until today
Sponsored