Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got the brake flake too. Black Diamond Wildtrak Sasquatch. At least that's what the stickers say - got a Black Diamond on the driver side and Wildtrak Squatch on the other side. Should be Black Diamond. 2.7, mid with ~1200 miles.

Happened the first time 4-5 days after I got it. Shut it off then waited 30 seconds for Windows to shutdown (just kidding) then restarted and it went away. Then it happened two times in the last week about a couple days apart from each other - same location which was odd (relatively flat) around 6pm.

Every time it ends up the same with the brake light on. The first time it cleared by restarting the engine. The last two times the brake light didn't turn off, I tried to "turn off" the parking brake; it told me the parking brake was on but then never said off after I pulled the switch/lever again. When I put it in drive you can tell the brakes are on but let go when you press on the accelerator. Seems to drive normally after that but don't want to push my luck with ABS and Pre-collision Assist.

I get the following messages on the display:
Service AdvanceTrac
Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
Hills Start Assist Not Available
Check Brake System

Actually, we tried going doorless for the first time on Friday and that did seem to make it angrier - I think we had it two times that evening.

Never taken off-road. Actually I don't think it's ever been on grass or even gravel. It's a sad Bronco.

Taking it into the dealer tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.
good luck, hopefully you get some answers. Mine just went away after a couple days and now I am just waiting on my dealer appt to have them do a diagnosis (if they can tell anything). Been driving fine for over a week now.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've got the brake flake too. Black Diamond Wildtrak Sasquatch. At least that's what the stickers say - got a Black Diamond on the driver side and Wildtrak Squatch on the other side. Should be Black Diamond. 2.7, mid with ~1200 miles.

Happened the first time 4-5 days after I got it. Shut it off then waited 30 seconds for Windows to shutdown (just kidding) then restarted and it went away. Then it happened two times in the last week about a couple days apart from each other - same location which was odd (relatively flat) around 6pm.

Every time it ends up the same with the brake light on. The first time it cleared by restarting the engine. The last two times the brake light didn't turn off, I tried to "turn off" the parking brake; it told me the parking brake was on but then never said off after I pulled the switch/lever again. When I put it in drive you can tell the brakes are on but let go when you press on the accelerator. Seems to drive normally after that but don't want to push my luck with ABS and Pre-collision Assist.

I get the following messages on the display:
Service AdvanceTrac
Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
Hills Start Assist Not Available
Check Brake System

Actually, we tried going doorless for the first time on Friday and that did seem to make it angrier - I think we had it two times that evening.

Never taken off-road. Actually I don't think it's ever been on grass or even gravel. It's a sad Bronco.

Taking it into the dealer tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

bagsBronco22

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will have had my Bronco for 4 weeks tomorrow (picked up with 7 miles on Sat 7/16/22). I have less than 800 miles, and 100% stock 4 door Badlands Sasquatch with the 2.7 L v6 and High Package.

I was driving on the highway in ECO mode, just normal driving. Someone slides in front of me at an uncomfortable distance, so I press the brake to slow a little. When I pressed the brake it felt like the ABS was engaging. I felt a quick click click click in the pedal, and it just sounded weird. I did not slam the brakes or anything weird, it was a normal soft press to grow distance between me and the vehicle in front of me. I switched lanes, slowed down a little more and heard a similar noise then all of these warning lights kicked in:

• Antilock Brake Fault
  • Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
  • Service AdvanceTrac

It all happened so quick I wasn't able to read all of the messages in detail, but it also said driver mode disengaged, or no longer available and switched me back to normal drive mode. There was also a message that the traction control and ABS was disengaged.

Other than the initial weird clicking and disengaging the drive mode, the vehicle was driving fine, just with 3 warning lights above. I pulled off at the nearest exit and stopped to turn the vehicle off then on (hoping it would reset). When I did I also received a "Park Aid Fault". I was able to get a couple of pictures of the warning lights and fault messages at this point.

1659758852090.png

1659758824162.png

I tried turning the vehicle off (letting it shut down completely) and then back on a couple times but I still kept getting the same alerts. Fortunately I was able to drive home. When I got home I turned it off and just left it for a while. I went back a few hours later, hoping that it would magically be fine, but it's not! Now I have additional fault messages. I noticed that received the messages to my Ford Pass app on the initial faults. I read the messages and the solutions on how to fix. They didn't apply, so they weren't really helpful. I will post them too.

1659758911264.png

-The tires are the stock Sasquatch wheels/tires

1659758964971.png

-The grill was clean, but I did wipe it down just to be sure (to no avail)

Total alerts going on at this point (and it's just all out of the blue! literally nothing rough or weird, I didn't run into anything or run over a puddle. I was literally just driving home from work like any other day.)

• Park Aid Fault
  • Antilock Brake Fault
  • Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
  • Service AdvanceTrac
  • Park Break Fault Service Now
  • Drive Mode Not Available (I cannot switch drive modes)
I am going to check with the dealer tomorrow, see if they can get me in to have service take a look. I am hoping it's an easy computer reset - but I will keep everyone posted. I tried to search the forums for some similar issues, but I didn't come up with anything. The closest thing I saw was a thread on a thumping noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. After I pulled back onto the highway with the faults I did hear a weird thump, but I couldn't tell if it was some debris from the road or the vehicle itself. I'll be keeping my ears out for that as well.

Pics to come, and will update once I talk to the dealer. Hope that nobody else has these issues.

some additional faults once I got home:
1659759076460.png

1659759115087.png

1659759140731.png

1659759159256.png
I had this happen twice - day 1 while turning into a parking lot and then a few weeks ago (~1700 miles driven, 2 months in) while driving on highway. Warnings cleared on both occasions after having car parked for about 10-15 minutes. Decided to take to dealer anyway. Shared with them the messages and also info from blog that it could be a loose sensor. They could not find anything - said they took it for a test drive, put it on the computer, checked everything and found no issues. Will see if it ever happens again

OP
OP
centra28

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on mine…

Dealer finally was able to check it out in detail. Since the warning lights all went out they were not able to find any issues. They check all wire harnesses were snug, etc.

So presumably, no issues at this point. Drives completely fine

f3d

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX 2.7 Squatch HT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

:( having the same stuff happen here. Randomly at startup it'll light up like a Christmas tree with all the same warnings everyone else has posted in this thread (precollision, check brake system, service advancetrac). Turning it off and back on again and its all back to normal. Hoping codes are stored for this my service appt is 2 wks out. obx 2.7 lux here.

Sponsored

Electricjd

Wildtrak
First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update on mine…

Dealer finally was able to check it out in detail. Since the warning lights all went out they were not able to find any issues. They check all wire harnesses were snug, etc.

So presumably, no issues at this point. Drives completely fine
Did Ford ever follow up with you? Have they identified any known issues. Did they tell you it was safe to drive it? I’m still waiting to find out what the root cause is because I don’t want to computer to turn the emergency brake on while I am driving it….

OP
OP
centra28

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did Ford ever follow up with you? Have they identified any known issues. Did they tell you it was safe to drive it? I’m still waiting to find out what the root cause is because I don’t want to computer to turn the emergency brake on while I am driving it….
Ford helped to ensure my dealer was taking care of me, but that was the extent of their involvement in my experience.

Broncojeff

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2020 GT350 R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m having the exact same issues with a 21 obx 2.7
It’s been at the dealership since Monday and after hearing any news or an update I called them today and was told they don’t know anything yet. It’s becoming very frustrating.

B3C63D40-BD3B-477C-B83A-649882918770.jpeg

BE8151EA-7355-4E0A-9071-3AAD27464DB3.jpeg

B72F5E57-A68E-49D7-890A-F70EE8ACEE57.jpeg
Now I have the same thing going on!! 500 mile Wildtrack and just driving down the street in ECO mode and bam warning lights all over the place. ABS and Service Advance Trac both remain on but others pop up including Collision Avoidance not working and others. Cannot change drive modes. Dealer suggested using just the accessory button and waiting but that doesn't correct it. Letting it sit doesn't either. Never had the doors off and never off road....very disturbing and don't trust it to drive it.....2 year wait and 500 miles and this.......

Electricjd

Wildtrak
First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Now I have the same thing going on!! 500 mile Wildtrack and just driving down the street in ECO mode and bam warning lights all over the place. ABS and Service Advance Trac both remain on but others pop up including Collision Avoidance not working and others. Cannot change drive modes. Dealer suggested using just the accessory button and waiting but that doesn't correct it. Letting it sit doesn't either. Never had the doors off and never off road....very disturbing and don't trust it to drive it.....2 year wait and 500 miles and this.......
Please let us know what you find out. This is what I am worried about also. Ford did give me a case number (after contacting me here) which I appreciate - but never any follow up after that. I’m really not sure what’s going on with this. But it does not seem quite right.

Broncojeff

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2020 GT350 R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please let us know what you find out. This is what I am worried about also. Ford did give me a case number (after contacting me here) which I appreciate - but never any follow up after that. I’m really not sure what’s going on with this. But it does not seem quite right.
Got it back a couple hours later today (yea, amazingly they got it right in). Turned out they found metal shavings that were blocking the ABS sensor on one of the rear wheels. Picked it up and everything seems fine but wondering how that caused all the other faults. Tech said the factory didn't clean it like they should have.....we'll see. You might want to be sure your dealer checked this. I hope that is the case for you too!

Sponsored
OP
OP
centra28

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it back a couple hours later today (yea, amazingly they got it right in). Turned out they found metal shavings that were blocking the ABS sensor on one of the rear wheels. Picked it up and everything seems fine but wondering how that caused all the other faults. Tech said the factory didn't clean it like they should have.....we'll see. You might want to be sure your dealer checked this. I hope that is the case for you too!
Do you happen to know where the ABS sensor is located? I wonder if it was something simple like that in my case, where everything seems completely normal now. I would like to get a look at the set up there.

dinkinflicka

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the issue where my Bronco makes a bunch of clicking sounds then lights randomly turn on in the night. Pretty wild when camping. Also have the issue from this thread. Only happens when I have the doors off, but only sometimes. Car freaks out and engages the parking brake. Video linked:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kufcu8DBBpCwQVfS6

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I recently had this exact experience on my 21 Wildtrack. I was 8 hours into Golden Spike in Moab when the dashboard suddenly went crazy with warnings. Every warning was the same as you experienced. None of my lockers would engage which left me stranded, unable to climb obstacles. Luckily I had some side by sides winch me over the last waterfall and I could limp it in the rest of the way home. I crawled everywhere under the truck checking connections and wiring for damage but found nothing. Once I was over the last waterfall and on the main trail heading home everything cleared and started working again. I took the truck into the dealership and they claimed that all 4 wheel speed sensors, abs sensors, threw a code but all checked out ok now. I use my truck for mostly off roading and this has me very leary that nothing was found wrong but obviously there was a problem. Did you guys find any resolution to the problem other than debris in a connection?

OP
OP
centra28

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently had this exact experience on my 21 Wildtrack. I was 8 hours into Golden Spike in Moab when the dashboard suddenly went crazy with warnings. Every warning was the same as you experienced. None of my lockers would engage which left me stranded, unable to climb obstacles. Luckily I had some side by sides winch me over the last waterfall and I could limp it in the rest of the way home. I crawled everywhere under the truck checking connections and wiring for damage but found nothing. Once I was over the last waterfall and on the main trail heading home everything cleared and started working again. I took the truck into the dealership and they claimed that all 4 wheel speed sensors, abs sensors, threw a code but all checked out ok now. I use my truck for mostly off roading and this has me very leary that nothing was found wrong but obviously there was a problem. Did you guys find any resolution to the problem other than debris in a connection?
That is very concerning, and the exact scenario I am afraid will happen to me. Ever since mine cleared on it's own, it has not happened again. My dealer was not able to find any issues at all. Almost feel like it's a ticking timebomb.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good morning! Can you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I will look into this dashboard warning concern on my end. Thank you!
Sponsored