First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overall, we had an amazing time at the Vegas off-roadeo and until about halfway thru the trail rides, our Badlands SAS was eating all the trails up. We were heading down a steep gravel trail, I was in M1 and not using the brakes at all, when we started getting error messages. ABS error, sta-bar disconnect error, traction control error. We tried hard rebooting the vehicle several times and our guide said it was probably dust on the ABS sensor. The rest of the ride I had no ability for sta-bar disconnect and traction control wouldn’t turn off so I was spinning out a lot. The lockers would engage but with traction control trying to interfere it was like the lockers were also not working. If the vehicle is made for off road, shouldn’t “dust on the sensor” not be an easily occurring thing??
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think we lose sight of just how short of a time period the Bronco has been in non-Ford employee hands

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think I remember reading about this in a couple of threads now and trying to remember but think it was a loose abs sensor and the system comes to assembly line pre-assembled so it is not checked? The dealer just tightened / reinstalled and done. You might try a search or maybe someone remembers the thread or at least can confirm I have finally lost it!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Overall, we had an amazing time at the Vegas off-roadeo and until about halfway thru the trail rides, our Badlands SAS was eating all the trails up. We were heading down a steep gravel trail, I was in M1 and not using the brakes at all, when we started getting error messages. ABS error, sta-bar disconnect error, traction control error. We tried hard rebooting the vehicle several times and our guide said it was probably dust on the ABS sensor. The rest of the ride I had no ability for sta-bar disconnect and traction control wouldn’t turn off so I was spinning out a lot. The lockers would engage but with traction control trying to interfere it was like the lockers were also not working. If the vehicle is made for off road, shouldn’t “dust on the sensor” not be an easily occurring thing??
Wonder if there will be a recall on abs sensors seems like that issue been popping up alot

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The moral of the story here though is the Bronco puts its tail between its legs every time there is a Gadget Gremlin.

Take the doors off, spin a wheel, etc, the GOAT modes freak out and the system comes to a crashing halt.

Sorry Ford but you need to redesign this single point of failure on what is supposed to be an Off Road Beast.

Sponsored

brianpgreen

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is an abs sensor the same thing as a wheel speed sensor?

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is the sensor? If dust and snow buildup is an issue I’d like to know where to check first if remote lol
Sponsored