Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yours could be something else like out of frion. Could also have a leak in one of the lines as well. Reason I am saying this is I had cold air it just took forever to get there along with once it came on it would cut in and out.
I did not give it a half hour to kick on, for sure. I will say that both the high and low side lines felt either hot or warm, certainly nothing was cold with condensation dripping anywhere. I'm hoping just a charge as well, but not sure if they'll want to replace receiver/air dryer, etc . . .
Sponsored

OP
OP
ckingleo

ckingleo

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did not give it a half hour to kick on, for sure. I will say that both the high and low side lines felt either hot or warm, certainly nothing was cold with condensation dripping anywhere. I'm hoping just a charge as well, but not sure if they'll want to replace receiver/air dryer, etc . . .
Yeah I would get it in soon, this heat is not going away any time soon.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah I would get it in soon, this heat is not going away any time soon.
why did yours work with remote start though? thats strange

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t use it much, as I typically have windows down and soft top windows removed. But it’s worked great when I’ve used it over the past year.

OP
OP
ckingleo

ckingleo

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

why did yours work with remote start though? thats strange
I honestly asked myself the same question. The only original answer I was able to get was that they had no idea.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine doesn't work so I guess I'd better get it scheduled. I'm so afraid of something major and they need to keep the vehicle, but many in here seem to have simple fixes so I'm feeling better about it. I don't have any codes or anything, it simply doesn't blow cold at all.
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
Thank you, but we've been in contact already (May), I just need to get to the dealer.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well folks, CHEETO has air conditioning thanks to @Razorbak86 and his generosity of time he took to research and share his wealth of info. I was checking things he advised, and got to the area where a suspect sensor has been identified by others. Right next to the sensor is the plug that connects the compressor. Well, it wasn't plugged in, it was just floating above where it goes, and actually looked fine at first glance. I fished around just in case, and found it disconnected! I exaggeratedly positioned it for this pic, so you can see where it goes:

PXL_20220729_213333132~2.jpg

And plugged in:

PXL_20220729_213450359~2.jpg

I can't believe it was something so stupid, but damn am I happy it doesn't need to go into the shop and get torn apart! I guess they don't test the A/C in November (my build month), and I can't believe there isn't a screen warning or a code for a compressor not being plugged in and part of the circuit.

@Ford Motor Company

38Special

Black Diamond
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took delivery in May, and have 2K miles so fas, with absolutely no issues , except: On very warm days, I noticed that external temp indicator starts dropping until compressor shuts off and cooling halts.
In fact, although 90degrees outside, external indicator dropped to minus 13 degrees! About 5 minutes later it started to climb , and cooling switched back on in about 10 mins when it eventually reached above 75 degrees.
Is this normal for the AC’s operation in hot weather, or is this an external temp sensor defect causing system to work improperly ?

38Special

Black Diamond
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took delivery in May, and have 2K miles so fas, with absolutely no issues , except: On very warm days, I noticed that external temp indicator starts dropping until compressor shuts off and cooling halts.
In fact, although 90degrees outside, external indicator dropped to minus 13 degrees! About 5 minutes later it started to climb , and cooling switched back on in about 10 mins when it eventually reached above 75 degrees.
Is this normal for the AC’s operation in hot weather, or is this an external temp sensor defect causing system to work improperly ?
Sponsored