Sponsored

Acceptable odometer reading (can dealers test drive orders before customer pickup) ?

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can always ask it not be road tested during the pre delivery inspection that each vehicle is supposed to get before sale also.
Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Type R had 8 miles. Was more upset i had to drive it back 15.... So 30 to get the Freon filled because they didn't do a complete PDI. I plan on ruckin this thing through the mud so i imagine they couldn't do much i wouldn't in a few miles.

Unless they drove it to a nearby mall then it's tainted! If you have a bunch of (out of business) retail receipts in the back return it.

Seriously though I expect about 15 or less and hope to gain a good relationship with the dealership!

O yeah and don't wash it, put any stickers or fart in it!
I have the right to be the first person to fart in my Bronco!

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Around 1999 I looked at new KLR650 at a local dealer, it showed about 300 miles on the odometer, I came back a couple of weeks later, the same bike has around 80 miles on the odometer. I haven't been back to that dealer since.

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One thing that was popular when the 6g Camaro came out was getting your dealer to allow you to active onstar before it was shipped from the factory. The guys who did this were able to know exactly where the car was at all times.

I couldn't do this but somehow i figured out where my closes commercial train delivery area was. In this area they park thousands of cars in a parking lot and wait for semi trucks to take them to the dealer. I can't say for sure but I think I saw my car so i went back 3 days in a row until it moved and that's how i knew I should be expecting a call from my dealer soon.

ParsonsWV

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cummins, 2020 Gt500 ordered
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pretty sure a dealer can't sell a vehicle as "new" if it has over 80 miles on it(or somewhere around there).
Not true. Vehicles my family drove as demo's we usually drove to around 5k miles and then put back on the lot with a mark down. Still sold as new since it has not been titled. Warranty starts at time of sale. When we sold our dealerships a couple years ago we still had a 1995 corvette pace car that had never sold. Was a personal car we never intended to sell. So first time it was ever titled was 2018. Obviously warranty wasn't started on that one but usually warranty starts when papers are signed and mileage is recorded.

Sponsored

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s not ā€œyourā€ vehicle until you sign for it. It is still new until it is titled the first time. Relax.

Jeka

First Name
Jeka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ordered my 2018 Expedition in 2017 - that was completely redesigned generation and none of the dealers had them at lots.
I had my VIN way before delivery and added it to a FordPass app, looks like somebody approved my request in Sync3 during prep, so I could manage it (check mileage, tire pressure, fuel level, exact GPS location, could lock/unlock it and start the engine sitting at home on the other part of the city). When it came to the dealer it had 8km on odometer and empty fuel tank, next day was full tank of fuel and 22km on odometer.
when I came to pick it up (earlier than agreed) it was standing on the most prime location in front of the main entrance unlocked. Was tons of oily fingerprints all around.
I specifically asked no dealer stickers, test drives and show rooms.
So, the bottom line is - it is absolutely on your sales manager and his/her honesty. Expect to work hard on that since it will be brand new ā€œiconicā€ vehicle with tons of quirky features.

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
This will be the first time Iā€™ve reserved/ordered a vehicle vs purchasing new off the lot. Other cars Iā€™ve purchased new have had odometer readings ranging from 20 up to over 800 ( dealer claimed it was transported from NC to FL). I imagine most if not all the mileage is from ā€œtest drivesā€.

When ordering our Broncos, should we expect the odometer to be really low (like less than 10)? My assumption is that the vehicle should be respected as purchased ( not sale pending )and that no ā€œtest drivesā€ should be given out during the brief time it arrives on the lot and the breakneck speed on my part to finally make first contact!
I got. My wrangler and watched them roll it off the truck. They had to drive it 18 miles before they would let me drive it home. Something about safety

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s not true. There is no contract until itā€™s paid in full. Dealer can add any one of those things and or all of them. Itā€™s up to you after that to pay for it or walk away.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got. My wrangler and watched them roll it off the truck. They had to drive it 18 miles before they would let me drive it home. Something about safety
Thatā€™s not true unless itā€™s a state law. I would still not buy it if thatā€™s what they said.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only car I have ordered was an STI. Granted my family owned dealerships for years before we sold them so we know the majority of dealers back home where I do most of my business (7 hours away). My STI i told the dealership that I didn't want anything done to the vehicle until I got there. When I arrived there was 4 miles on the car and I was offered that if I wanted the car washed I could drive it into the bay. Obviously wasn't going to go that far but since I was there I could watch what was done. I used my test drive to go fill it with gas so I knew a salesman wouldn't take the time to see how fast they could get it when they normally go fill it up.

I have been a salesman and know plenty of stories of them doing dumb things. Majority of accidents dealerships have are on the dealership lot in my experience. So on the car I am waiting to come in now will not be moved until I get there if I am not at the dealership when it arrives.

A preorder I expect under 10 miles on it when it comes off truck.
You will love the GT500. When I picked up my 2013, the dealership did not permit their staff to drive GT500s due to liability. So I had to drive it to the gas station with the sales guy in the passenger seat. My heavy foot and inexperience with the clutch scared the crap out of him...

OP
OP
Mcfly

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Chrispy! I appreciate the advise. Also you were CORRECT all along - the Bronco was even more than we imagined over the past year. Thanks for all the insights along this journey; Iā€™m still as excited as ever.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mcfly

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing that was popular when the 6g Camaro came out was getting your dealer to allow you to active onstar before it was shipped from the factory. The guys who did this were able to know exactly where the car was at all times.

I couldn't do this but somehow i figured out where my closes commercial train delivery area was. In this area they park thousands of cars in a parking lot and wait for semi trucks to take them to the dealer. I can't say for sure but I think I saw my car so i went back 3 days in a row until it moved and that's how i knew I should be expecting a call from my dealer soon.
That sounds incredible ! Track your Bronco in reall time the moment it leaves the factory! Thanks!
Sponsored