Sponsored

Acceptable odometer reading (can dealers test drive orders before customer pickup) ?

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be the first time I’ve reserved/ordered a vehicle vs purchasing new off the lot. Other cars I’ve purchased new have had odometer readings ranging from 20 up to over 800 ( dealer claimed it was transported from NC to FL). I imagine most if not all the mileage is from “test drives”.

When ordering our Broncos, should we expect the odometer to be really low (like less than 10)? My assumption is that the vehicle should be respected as purchased ( not sale pending )and that no “test drives” should be given out during the brief time it arrives on the lot and the breakneck speed on my part to finally make first contact!
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you order one, a good dealer can sometimes arrange for you to be there when the truck arrives. You should be ready to do the paperwork right then (or when the finance person strolls in) as a courtesy.

Usually less than 20 is good for me, but I have bought single digits.

NotOJ

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will be the first time I’ve reserved/ordered a vehicle vs purchasing new off the lot. Other cars I’ve purchased new have had odometer readings ranging from 20 up to over 800 ( dealer claimed it was transported from NC to FL). I imagine most if not all the mileage is from “test drives”.

When ordering our Broncos, should we expect the odometer to be really low (like less than 10)? My assumption is that the vehicle should be respected as purchased ( not sale pending )and that no “test drives” should be given out during the brief time it arrives on the lot and the breakneck speed on my part to finally make first contact!
I would be infuriated if the dealer let people test drive the vehicle I specifically ordered. Huge no on that one.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing. When I bought my F-150, it had to be driven from out of state, so I got it with 350 miles on it.
If I end up with the first Bronco in my town, I sure don't want anyone driving it around for test rides or just for fun before I get it. I live in Michigan, so it should be delivered to dealer on a semi trailer and I'd expect it to have about 0.5 miles on it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mcfly

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you order one, a good dealer can sometimes arrange for you to be there when the truck arrives. You should be ready to do the paperwork right then (or when the finance person strolls in) as a courtesy.

Usually less than 20 is good for me, but I have bought single digits.
That would be AWESOME to be there when it arrives. I will ask them that question when time gets closer - a year from now! Sounds so long off.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm pretty sure unless its a dealer allocation, they are not allowed to let people drive them. I ordered my 2011 Ford Explorer (First year of the new model) and when they got me to the dealership it had 2 miles on it which they said was from moving it out of the factory down to shipping area and then off the truck at the dealership.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The have to do an inspection when they receive the vehicle and install any dealer installed options. Part of that is a short drive by one of their mechanics. There may be some miles from the factory as well, less than 10, from moving around and loading. They will not allow others to take it on test drives. You can also make it clear to the dealer. I have refused washes in the past and arranged that ahead of time to avoid swirls... I won't go that extreme for an off-road vehicle though. Haha

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you order one, a good dealer can sometimes arrange for you to be there when the truck arrives.
This.

I’ve never personally experienced this but a friend was notified when the truck was going to be there and got to watch them unload it. Then did the paperwork, went to lunch while they got the vehicle ready and drove it home that day.

I hope people get to experience that and I can’t wait to see pictures!

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Arrival mileage is usually 4-12, but some are test driven at the plant. They used to put stickers saying that they drove it and how many miles, but they don't seem to fo it anymore. Usually 20-30 miles, but sometimes as high as 80. Its supposed to be random, but it always seems like the fancier ones get driven.

As to being there for arrival, we rarely know when they're coming. We know when assigned to a load. But how long till it arrives varies greatly.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your car will be tested. Likely will have 2 miles from the factory, then you have to give them another mile or 2 for transport.

I've ordered my past 7; they were Bimmers and usually had around 7 miles on the odometer. One only had 5, that was maybe 9 years ago.

Will also depend on what mods you have installed, as those will require road testing, particularly dealer installs.

However, with Bronco, most dealers won't risk your new ride, since it can't be replaced and if you've completed paperwork could sue. However, this is why they usually don't finish paperwork until you come to pick up the new car. This protects you as well since any issues are responsibility of the dealership.

Don't fret too much on this, but I can totally understand your concerns. It's also ok for you to specifically state you don't want your car driven, no stickers for dealership, no detailing.

I only have allowed them to pull off the plastic and tape, then I take the cars home and do a full paint correction and detail, adding synthetic sealant. Only time I have not specified is when picking up cars from Performance Center Delivery in Spartanburg; they use professional detailers, then I drove the cars home.

For Bronco, I'm not doing any sort of paint correction. This thing will be scratched up, so all I'll say is don't put any stickers on my damn car unless you pay me a fee or knock off around $3K.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would appreciate if my Dealer drove it home a couple times. He drove my Raptor for a couple weeks before I could pick it up. He also drove the Boss 302 around town before I got up there. Trust him completely. I've purchased and traded over 30 new Fords with him.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered my (cough cough) 2014 Camaro 1LE (before 1LE was a known thing)and when it showed up most of the dealership was crowded around as they had never seen.... had 12 miles on it and I knew it would because of the drive to add all the upgrades for the 1LE package.... now if I wouldn’t have been there.... 50, 100?
Yes I’ll be there the day it’s scheduled
Sponsored